Row in Mayo LGFA

Started by Seany, July 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2018, 12:15:47 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 15, 2018, 09:42:34 PM

It is libellous imo. If Leahy lets it go it will look like he has something to hide. A lot of people still on the side of the players that walked out.
You don't even know what libellous means.

What exactly would he be bringing to the court?

I do know. His name has been blackened. He has been accused of managing an unsafe environment and intentionally or not a communication/story/spin was put out to injure his reputation.

moysider

Quote from: Halfquarter on September 15, 2018, 11:21:59 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 15, 2018, 09:42:34 PM

It is libellous imo. If Leahy lets it go it will look like he has something to hide. A lot of people still on the side of the players that walked out.

Do you mean slanderous ?

It depends. I'm sure Carnacon communicated with cb in some written form but don't know what language was used. Verbally Cora was slanderous in that interview. You could argue that saying something on radio is = to writing something down on paper. That makes it libellous imo.  It wasn't like she was talking to a neighbour down the shop.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2018, 08:24:09 AM
Accused of "managing an unsafe environment". Really?

I think he'd need a bit more than that. Unless he has been directly slandered himself somewhere, it is the environment that has been described as unsafe, not him.

What did you mean by "unsafe environment" Ms Staunton?

It was an unsafe environment for me to be in as it was making me have low self esteem and I felt my mental health was suffering. So, I left.

But it wasn't her in an unsafe environment from what I took from her interview, it was 'young girls'.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2018, 09:23:20 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 15, 2018, 09:21:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2018, 06:22:32 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 15, 2018, 04:33:42 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2018, 01:13:27 AM
"The legal route"

This thread has reached peak absurdity I see.

If someone had accused you of creating "an unsafe" environment incorrectly would you not seek for them to retract it??

It is so incredibly vague I'd like to see how the legal eagles here were going to successfully win a legal case..

Now Syf your track record on legal advise wouldn't be the strongest tbf...

..and yet I was absolutely right in my cynicism in that case. Try again.
Only in your world I'm afraid!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tippabu

What is the story with the mayo championship? When is the next round due to be played and when's first round of the connacht championship

Seany

Mayo manger has just done a very interesting interview with Woolly which shines a strong light into that squad.  he appears to be an excellent manager and was quite diplomatic in his analysis, but the message was clear.  Carnacon to blame.  Precious, touchy and led up the garden path.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ballinaman

Odd statement by mayo ladies this morning. They wanted to make clear that it wasn't player selection that caused them to walk but then gave no other reason for walking apart from poor or insulting feedback for not making team/match day squad .

Shamrock Shore

Clearly emotional captain - but she said the square root of fcuk all.

Not one specific example - just something vague about atmosphere and emotions..

Sweet jesus.

Smurfy123

It's just turning into a mess. And doesn't look great on the players. They still haven't stated what has happened. Sweet lord they neeed to back down as they are making fools of themselves.

TomDoodle

More vague nonsense from Carnacon rebels. They claim that Peter Leahy's comments that the issue was all about 'feeling's was insulting and go on to say that players 'felt' isolated, intimidated and helpless.
Again they are throwing around unfounded assertions. They describe the mediation process as 'unfair' but give no explanation. This was a process, which they agreed to, conducted by a professional mediator. This is another individual being undermined by the group with absolutely nothing to back up their allegations.
Fiona McHale specifically mentioned that one issue was a player - a senior inter-county footballer - being upset at being told she was lazy by the manager. Seriously???
We are to believe that this issue categorically has nothing to do with team selection and yet it all kicked off when two players (in their mid-thirties) were told they would not be starting.
The players statement gives the impression that there were ongoing issues. Surely, surely these would have been brought to the attention of the liason officer way way back?? Obviously any self respecting liason officer can't betray confidences but at this stage she should be allowed to confirm if any such complaints were brought to her. If not then this story is dead surely???
OTB have embarrassed themselves on this one. A child could see that the players haven't a leg to stand on. All was fine in the Mayo camp until certain parties returned after the League. The remaining players have emphatically insisted in the strongest possible terms, that there were no welfare issues.

The only correct course of action here was for the players to hold up their hands and apologise. they have acted disgracefully and their abject failure, even at this stage, to establish any credible, just reasons, for abandoning the panel mid-Championship, shows that they have no case. Unfortunately their leaders are not the type to back down and so the mess carries on. Media really needs to get their teeth into this and start asking some hard questions, but I'm not holding my breath.

macdanger2

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 18, 2018, 08:41:44 AM
Clearly emotional captain - but she said the square root of fcuk all.

Not one specific example - just something vague about atmosphere and emotions..

Sweet jesus.

Agreed

Orchard park

The tears didn't help her case

Jinxy

Tears help people decide who the injured party is.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Never beat the deeler

Was there a press conference? Anyone got a link to video / audio?

Cheers
Hasta la victoria siempre