Hamas attack Israel & subsequent genocide

Started by bennydorano, October 07, 2023, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

I'm sure people are going to go ballistic (no pun intended) when I ask this question, but what exactly did Hamas hope to accomplish by the attacks on October 7th?

Was it a revenge attack for decades of oppression on the Palestinians?

Was it an attempt to start a war?

Was it an attempt to derail the normalization of relations between Israel and other Muslim Countries?

Netanyahu was like Tyson Fury on Saturday night and would likely have been removed from office. Why did they give him this lifeline ?

On a scale of 1-10 how did they think Israel would respond ? (1 being do nothing, 10 being dropping a nuke)

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: Armagh18 on Today at 05:03:18 PMHistory is written by the victors. Plenty of evil bastards on both sides of nearly every conflict in history. America and it's allies are every bit as bad as Russia.

In any conflict, the country/coalition doing the invading are almost certainly the bad guys, whatever lies or excuses they make, be that Russia invading Ukraine or USA et al invading Iraq.

bannside

Think Israel believed they had the whole publicity machine in their favour (bought and paid for) until little ol Tic Toc came along and highlight their lies and hypocrites.

Then they try to get it banned lol.

World opinion sees them for what they are worth, money grabbing land grabbing shysters who have three quarters of the so called civilised governments of the world in their back pocket.

History won't judge them kindly no matter what the outcome is.

As for Biden, wouldn't be too many going to see him in Castlebar if he was there tonight.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theskull1

Quote from: whitey on Today at 06:30:38 PMI'm sure people are going to go ballistic (no pun intended) when I ask this question, but what exactly did Hamas hope to accomplish by the attacks on October 7th?

Was it an attempt to derail the normalization of relations between Israel and other Muslim Countries?

Netanyahu was like Tyson Fury on Saturday night and would likely have been removed from office. Why did they give him this lifeline ?

On a scale of 1-10 how did they think Israel would respond ? (1 being do nothing, 10 being dropping a nuke)

There are thousands of Palestinians detained by the IDF. I believe the intention was to take hostages so as to negotiate prisoner swaps.
Personally feel like this was a setup and Israel wanted an atrocity to react to so they could flatten Gaza and claim it for themselves.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: theskull1 on Today at 07:00:07 PM
Quote from: whitey on Today at 06:30:38 PMI'm sure people are going to go ballistic (no pun intended) when I ask this question, but what exactly did Hamas hope to accomplish by the attacks on October 7th?

There are thousands of Palestinians detained by the IDF. I believe the intention was to take hostages so as to negotiate prisoner swaps.
Personally feel like this was a setup and Israel wanted an atrocity to react to so they could flatten Gaza and claim it for themselves.

You think that Israel was somehow behind Oct 7th?

seafoid

They wanted to stop Saudi normalising relations with Israel, they wanted to put Palestine back on the agenda and they wanted to swap hostages for prisoners. Israel will never be seen in the same light again.

whitey

Quote from: Lubo Moravcik on Today at 07:28:26 PM

I read a book written by the son of the founder of Hamas who got flipped by Israeli intelligence. I find it very hard to believe that the Israelis had no inkling this was about to happen. Hamas is riddled with informers

I also read (but can't remember where) that Hamas just happened upon the music festival. That element of the attack wasn't part of the original plan....it's just happened

I was always under the impression that thousands of heavily armed IDF would arrive within minutes of a large border incursion like what happened on 10/07. Perhaps Hamas thought that they would "invade" and then retreat back accross the border with a few dozen hostages, but when the cavalry didn't show up things just spiraled out of control

I mean....kidnapping grannies and gang raping/murdering teenage girls doesn't exactly do their cause much good

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: whitey on Today at 08:26:20 PM
Quote from: Lubo Moravcik on Today at 07:28:26 PM

I read a book written by the son of the founder of Hamas who got flipped by Israeli intelligence. I find it very hard to believe that the Israelis had no inkling this was about to happen. Hamas is riddled with informers

I also read (but can't remember where) that Hamas just happened upon the music festival. That element of the attack wasn't part of the original plan....it's just happened

I was always under the impression that thousands of heavily armed IDF would arrive within minutes of a large border incursion like what happened on 10/07. Perhaps Hamas thought that they would "invade" and then retreat back accross the border with a few dozen hostages, but when the cavalry didn't show up things just spiraled out of control

I mean....kidnapping grannies and gang raping/murdering teenage girls doesn't exactly do their cause much good

Well it's possible they let it happen maybe not knowing the scale of the attack but there is no evidence for it. As far as I'm aware anyway.

Itchy

There is, as far as I'm aware, no evidence of this gang rape/mass rape thing. Its also pretty much accepted that Israel shot up a large amount of their own people. If they gave a damn about hostages they would gave negotiated their release, instead they carpet bombed civilian areas. You need to think of Israel as Nazis to understand the evil you are dealing with here.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Itchy on Today at 08:45:33 PMThere is, as far as I'm aware, no evidence of this gang rape/mass rape thing. Its also pretty much accepted that Israel shot up a large amount of their own people. If they gave a damn about hostages they would gave negotiated their release, instead they carpet bombed civilian areas. You need to think of Israel as Nazis to understand the evil you are dealing with here.

Didn't stop Netanyahu repeating it yesterday. But it's like the old saying - if you repeat a lie  often enough , it will  eventually become the truth

As for the Israeli hostages , israel  didn't give a  hoot about them. It served their plans  (total and obliteration of  Gaza) better not  to have  them released

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: Itchy on Today at 08:45:33 PMThere is, as far as I'm aware, no evidence of this gang rape/mass rape thing. Its also pretty much accepted that Israel shot up a large amount of their own people. If they gave a damn about hostages they would gave negotiated their release, instead they carpet bombed civilian areas. You need to think of Israel as Nazis to understand the evil you are dealing with here.

I have no doubt that Israel wilfully murder and starve Palestinians - it's clear from their actions.

Though hasn't the ICC also accepted that Hamas fighters used sexual violence? I'd imagine they must have seen evidence before stating such.

whitey

Quote from: Lubo Moravcik on Today at 09:15:30 PM

I have no doubt that Israel wilfully murder and starve Palestinians - it's clear from their actions.

Though hasn't the ICC also accepted that Hamas fighters used sexual violence? I'd imagine they must have seen evidence before stating such.

Well there is that one clip of the girl getting dragged out of the Jeep by the hair-can't imagine what horrors she suffered

Itchy

Quote from: Lubo Moravcik on Today at 09:15:30 PM

Maybe they have, they've certainly said Hamas has a case to answer on it. But I've not seen any evidence from reliable sources and in fact some of the initial witnesses stating this were shown to be very unreliable. I would have thought it surely would've been out there for all to see if evidence was available. A bit like the weapons and tunnels in hospitals, none of it ever surfaced.