Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

i hope ur referring to redhand, in hiding?

Thebigdog

Why does this surprise anyone? Darren McCurry sitting on the bench watching Mickey's nephew start and finish every game for the last SIX years and continually underperforming(just overrated more like). The resentment would have surely grown. He came on against Dublin last August and was the only one apart from Colly to show a bit of fire in the belly. A sad day for Tyrone football when another player walks away but a good day for Darren because he will be happy in his life now. Who's next?

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Thebigdog on March 15, 2018, 07:14:28 AM
Why does this surprise anyone? Darren McCurry sitting on the bench watching Mickey's nephew start and finish every game for the last SIX years and continually underperforming(just overrated more like). The resentment would have surely grown. He came on against Dublin last August and was the only one apart from Colly to show a bit of fire in the belly. A sad day for Tyrone football when another player walks away but a good day for Darren because he will be happy in his life now. Who's next?

A bit harsh in a way as Peter Harte has been one of Tyrone's best performers in the past 6 years, Esp when he won the All Star a couple of Seasons ago!!
I will agree that yes this season he has been poor and should have been taken off in a few of the games but then any number of players could have been and some where taken off with no complaints and I know Id always rather Petey Harte was on as he can produce that explosiveness at any moment of the game and make something happen!!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on March 15, 2018, 07:57:33 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on March 15, 2018, 07:14:28 AM

A bit harsh in a way as Peter Harte has been one of Tyrone's best performers in the past 6 years, Esp when he won the All Star a couple of Seasons ago!!
I will agree that yes this season he has been poor and should have been taken off in a few of the games but then any number of players could have been and some where taken off with no complaints and I know Id always rather Petey Harte was on as he can produce that explosiveness at any moment of the game and make something happen!!

Agreed, bit of a silly statement to say Peter Harte was undeserving of a place ahead of McCurry. One of Tyrone's best and most consistent players. McCurry himself shows glimpses of ability but lacked the consistency. This was a club vs county decision he made. Sees himself getting 5 extra games with the club when he wouldn't of got those minutes with Tyrone.
Living the dream!!!

redhandefender

Quote from: In hiding on March 14, 2018, 11:50:03 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on March 14, 2018, 11:56:06 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 14, 2018, 09:35:49 AM
Feel sorry for mc curry. When u think back to the confident, quick thinking, free scoring forward he was in the early years and see what Harte has reduced him to its a real shame. Hope he enjoys his club football this year. Best of luck to him.

Aye, he looked deadly in division 2 that year!

Typical horrible statement from a horrible poster

Say what? Dry your eyes petal

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GaelTheGael on March 14, 2018, 10:20:02 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 14, 2018, 05:26:39 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 14, 2018, 10:19:20 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on March 14, 2018, 08:56:16 AM
Big call from McCurry, been on the panel now since he's be 18 years of age, been a great servant..
It will be interesting to see if any other players do follow suit but I don't think anyone else will to be fair.
A year playing club football for McCurry could bring him on again and gain that confidence that he seems to be missing, lets not forget he's never had a full season of playing constant football as he's been on the panel from such a young age so I wont be surprised if McCurry finishes the season now as top scorer, gets the confidence up and is back in again next year!!
The only worry that Edendork should have now about McCurry is that he is going to have to avoid the temptations of the American dollar now as surely the clubs in the States will come poaching!

Don't think Edendork need to worry about the American dollar, does McCurry not have a young family?

No, America could be an option. Especially if Senior Championship isn't going to be played off to the end of August...
Rumour has it Conor Mallon and Conn Kilpatrick already leaving the Dork to go stateside. I'd well believe that McCurry would follow suit.

If anywhere, you'd imagine it'll be Sydney with a brother still out that direction.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 15, 2018, 01:18:46 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on March 14, 2018, 10:20:02 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 14, 2018, 05:26:39 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 14, 2018, 10:19:20 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on March 14, 2018, 08:56:16 AM
Big call from McCurry, been on the panel now since he's be 18 years of age, been a great servant..
It will be interesting to see if any other players do follow suit but I don't think anyone else will to be fair.
A year playing club football for McCurry could bring him on again and gain that confidence that he seems to be missing, lets not forget he's never had a full season of playing constant football as he's been on the panel from such a young age so I wont be surprised if McCurry finishes the season now as top scorer, gets the confidence up and is back in again next year!!
The only worry that Edendork should have now about McCurry is that he is going to have to avoid the temptations of the American dollar now as surely the clubs in the States will come poaching!

Don't think Edendork need to worry about the American dollar, does McCurry not have a young family?

No, America could be an option. Especially if Senior Championship isn't going to be played off to the end of August...
Rumour has it Conor Mallon and Conn Kilpatrick already leaving the Dork to go stateside. I'd well believe that McCurry would follow suit.

If anywhere, you'd imagine it'll be Sydney with a brother still out that direction.

Yeah was thinkn that but much easier to accept $20,000 and a free flight the states!

Time will tell, I heard The Dork are flyin in pre season so maybe he just wants to have a full season with the club!

In hiding

Quote from: redhandefender on March 15, 2018, 09:53:50 AM
Feel sorry for mc curry. When u think back to the confident, quick thinking, free scoring forward he was in the early years and see what Harte has reduced him to its a real shame. Hope he enjoys his club football this year. Best of luck to him.

Mc Curry is a fine footballer. Didn't progress the way some other lads have but the way Tyrone play over the last 3 or 4 years has done him absolutely no favours.

skeog

Eoin Mc Cusker has retired apparently great servant to Dromore for the past 20 yrs from youth level to senior.Was county standard imo but never really got a real chance.He would be head and shoulders above some of the present incumbents on panel.Almost all Dromore players of 07 09 and 11 have retired or moved club.

Dire Ear

Quote from: In hiding on March 15, 2018, 04:59:25 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on March 15, 2018, 09:53:50 AM

Mc Curry is a fine footballer. Didn't progress the way some other lads have but the way Tyrone play over the last 3 or 4 years has done him absolutely no favours.
It used to be that going to the county team improved you as a player;  I really don't think that is the case in Tyrone any more

ONeill

Disappointed but understand. McCurry was a handy sub to bring on in certain games. Good squad player.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

southtyronegael

mc currys scoring stats are actually quite impressive for a lad that was mostly used as a sub. avg 3 points per game in 30 championship games. i wonder what the likes of mattie donnelly and peter harte are averaging?

longballin

Quote from: skeog on March 15, 2018, 05:19:12 PM
Eoin Mc Cusker has retired apparently great servant to Dromore for the past 20 yrs from youth level to senior.Was county standard imo but never really got a real chance.He would be head and shoulders above some of the present incumbents on panel.Almost all Dromore players of 07 09 and 11 have retired or moved club.

I may be wrong but I don't think Eoin wanted to play for Tyrone. Probably a decision that enhanced his club career. Very good footballer.

Dire Ear

TYRONE: Mickey O'Neill; Hugh Pat McGeary, Padraig Hampsey, Cathal McCarron; Conor Meyler, Frank Burns, Peter Harte; Colm Cavanagh, Padraig McNulty; Mattie Donnelly, Niall Sludden, Cathal McShane; Lee Brennan, Connor McAliskey, Mark Bradley.

longballin

McKernan must be pushing McCarron's place... Id say so. By all accounts they may pray Sludden doesn't get injured, the main man now.