Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

I thought McShane was excellent tonight. Probably the best I've seen him play at that level. I think if he sticks to the basics he can be a very good squad player whether he starts or comes on.

Onthe40

Good win...at one stage it looked as though Donegal were gonna fold like they did last summer..hopefully we can stay up now but 2 tough games left
I think Id be worried if I was a Donegal supporter..look limited without McBrearty

omagh_gael

Thought Burns for well tonight. Fully agree regarding McShane, still too much wild shooting but getting better.

On a separate note, what did Matty do for black card? Can only assume it was for foul/abusive language as he was fouled in first instance. Furthermore, if he did do some indiscretion should the ball not have been thrown up? Suppose it was balanced out with the ridiculous decision not to black card the keeper.

Tyrone Gaa

Good much needed win tonight. Sludden rightly awarded man of the match thought he was excellent from the goal, winning the penalty and making blocks in the back line. Peter Harte was a mixed bag, took a while to get going. Wonder why MD got the black card, still questions over his leadership.

Hopefully we can use that win as a platform to build on.
Living the dream!!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 10, 2018, 09:20:14 PM
Much much better tonight. What you think STG?
gonna be honest i never got to see the game. listen on radio and sounded ok performance from tyrone\? positives/negatives anyone?

bigtogs

Stopped for something to eat just home...so happy with that performance...

Fuzzman

We're not gonna win Sam but there is a definite change I tactics.
Lee Brennan and Bradley are a HUGE step up from any other forwards we've played in last few years but they need fast early ball.
It's a discussion board and we're entitled to change our mind but I've got hope again.
Not Gonna win Sam but if we kick the ball forward this much then...who knows

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 10, 2018, 10:27:17 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 10, 2018, 09:20:14 PM
Much much better tonight. What you think STG?
gonna be honest i never got to see the game. listen on radio and sounded ok performance from tyrone\? positives/negatives anyone?

You are some clown i doubt you see many tyrone games.

Far from perfect but they showed they had a set last night. Treatment harte was getting of the ball was serious. Thought he done well to really come into the game. Ball for sludden for penalty was sublime.

Sludden, bradley and mc shane very goo. Cathal still tries some awful shots. I think we can get a win next week

redhandefender

Sorry Meylers pass! Meyler was also very good

Thebigdog

The more I see of Cathal McShane the more impressed I am. Also ably assisted by Meyler and sludden these players are the new leaders of this Tyrone team. Great to see Mark Bradley back in business, the goal was class all over it. Lee Brennan is the forward we can't do without although I would like to see a big man in there beside him and Bradley to really get the maximum out of them. Colm Cavanagh maybe? Burns good at the back. Matty Donnelly and Peter Harte have taken a back seat especially Harte who fell over in the tunnel on the way back out for the second half.  Sums up his season really.

omagh_gael

You'd be sectioned under the mental health act if you were to ever consider moving Colly from his current role. Himself and Cian O'Sullivan are the best sweepers in Ireland.

Hopefully the team gained great confidence from last night and can carry that form into Castlebar next weekend.

Anyone read the BBC report?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/43360853

Particularly the following paragraph:

Midfielder MacNiallais opened the scoring for an attack-minded Donegal side, who played with the wind in the opening period, and when he added a second, a monster effort from 50 metres, Donegal led by 0-3 to 0-1 after six minutes.

How is it that Donegal have gained this mantle across the media board? If anything we were much more commited to attack than Donegal! There is clearly amore focused approach to our forward play and there were plently of times we had 3 players inside the Donegal 30m line.

Goals_Will_Come

Burns was excellent I thought. Meyler mcshane and cavanagh also very good. Brining bradley to 11 resulted in the improved performance I thought, because the first 20/25 minutes were poor. Sludden was excellent in everything good about last night. Certainly room for optimism.

Thebigdog

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 11, 2018, 11:31:05 AM
You'd be sectioned under the mental health act if you were to ever consider moving Colly from his current role. Himself and Cian O'Sullivan are the best sweepers in Ireland.

Hopefully the team gained great confidence from last night and can carry that form into Castlebar next weekend.

Anyone read the BBC report?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/43360853

Particularly the following paragraph:

Midfielder MacNiallais opened the scoring for an attack-minded Donegal side, who played with the wind in the opening period, and when he added a second, a monster effort from 50 metres, Donegal led by 0-3 to 0-1 after six minutes.

How is it that Donegal have gained this mantle across the media board? If anything we were much more commited to attack than Donegal! There is clearly amore focused approach to our forward play and there were plently of times we had 3 players inside the Donegal 30m line.
Anytime Colm Cavanagh went to 14 in the past he was a real handful. Sweepers are for the council their are  enough players at the back who should be doing what Colm does.Think positive think big.

WT4E

I think Frank Burns is a must in the middle - strong, physical and can play ball!

McShane playing well - if he can concentrate on the simple things he'll get plenty of game time

Dire Ear

Great to get the win and more importantly the 2 points,  big game v Mayo.
Shouldn't forget who was missing for Donegal I think--obviously McBrearty would have been very influential,  but McGee and MGlynn would be strong also