McKenna takes a major swipe at Galway

Started by Owen Brannigan, July 26, 2018, 07:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Trust the Monaghan clown up above to cry about his man getting sent off! McKenna must have some monaghan blood in him somewhere a complete moan!

Having read plenty of his articles I doubt hes ever kicked a ball. Has made a character of himself and sticking with it despite it making him look like a complete tool, just like brolly

Main Street

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 26, 2018, 11:44:53 PM
There was nothing alleged about it, Kelly kicked Gary O'Donnell and deserved his red.
Some striking action with the foot, red card for sure, the galway player made a meal out of it and ref ignored both the high tackle and the late tackle on Kelly. As with a host of other incidents in GAA, the refs ignore the agressive targetting but focus on the last offence, the retaliation. The refs are not only endorsing the agressive goading but also rewarding it. I prefer the rugby attitude of dealing with both and the rugby ref taking a more serious stance re the the aggressor than the retaliation.

blanketattack

Being able to get an opponent sent off is now as an important a component of match preparation as kick out strategy and accurate forwards.
There are blank cheques arriving through Brian Dooher's letterbox as we speak.

giveballaghback

Gone are the days when the hard man on the team would hit a hard mostly fair belt, now its underhand toxic even verbal shit, any thing that will get an advantage and reading the reaction here to a very good and true article it reflects the general changes in society and attitudes, the fact that it is being coached and encouraged and is generally accepted as being smart reflects badly on our games  and people that condone it.
Galways record of having opposition players sent off in the current season is remarkable and maybe they will get their All-Ireland medals and the glow of such an achievement will mask the cheating and indecent behaviour that helped them achieve their goal. This very same behaviour is destroying our games and is a very poor model for our children whom our games are supposed to lead and inspire.
Mask it as you will, shoot the piano played if you wish but for the games sake and for the sake of the gaa patrons and members in general speak out and admit what is happening right in front of our very eyes. 

trailer

All teams cheat. Including Kildare. All teams want to get that extra edge. No one team is cleaner than the other. This is championship football. It's eat or be eaten.
McKenna is pissed as it was Kildare who were this weeks victims. He has a very clear agenda, not only against Galway but against the GAA in general. I wouldn't give the asshole the oxygen.

Throw ball

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 27, 2018, 02:24:09 PM
Gone are the days when the hard man on the team would hit a hard mostly fair belt, now its underhand toxic even verbal shit, any thing that will get an advantage and reading the reaction here to a very good and true article it reflects the general changes in society and attitudes, the fact that it is being coached and encouraged and is generally accepted as being smart reflects badly on our games  and people that condone it.
Galways record of having opposition players sent off in the current season is remarkable and maybe they will get their All-Ireland medals and the glow of such an achievement will mask the cheating and indecent behaviour that helped them achieve their goal. This very same behaviour is destroying our games and is a very poor model for our children whom our games are supposed to lead and inspire.
Mask it as you will, shoot the piano played if you wish but for the games sake and for the sake of the gaa patrons and members in general speak out and admit what is happening right in front of our very eyes.

I agree with much of what you say. I was reading John Morrison in Gaelic Life yesterday and he was saying how children should be encouraged to show sportsmanship. That word seems to have gone missing in sport today. Picking on Galway alone though does seem a bit unfair.

As an aside Armagh and Tyrone under 20s were slaughtered for the melee earlier in the summer. We cannot do that and ignore goading, sly digs etc.

giveballaghback

Quote from: trailer on July 27, 2018, 02:54:58 PM
All teams cheat. Including Kildare. All teams want to get that extra edge. No one team is cleaner than the other. This is championship football. It's eat or be eaten.
McKenna is pissed as it was Kildare who were this weeks victims. He has a very clear agenda, not only against Galway but against the GAA in general. I wouldn't give the asshole the oxygen.
It happens to be Galway in the dock on this occasion, there are several more examples  of teams at this stuff some to a lesser extent, Galway have taken this to a level we have not seen for a few years because its constant from start to finish, the statement all teams cheat is paramount to comparing a petty criminal to a bank robber, making excuses for this filth in our game and decrying McKenna using his perceived agenda as an excuse does not change the fact that this problem exists and should be stamped out immediately.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Syferus on July 27, 2018, 04:04:24 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 26, 2018, 10:30:58 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2018, 10:26:38 PM
He hates you now.

He can join the queue. Kimmage is giving me loads on the other thread as well lol!

Literally all but maybe two people don't agree with you.
:-\

TheOptimist

Kildare can have no complaints after their gamesmanship up in Derry

Duine Eile

Quote from: Main Street on July 27, 2018, 11:23:20 AM
Quote from: Duine Eile on July 26, 2018, 11:44:53 PM
There was nothing alleged about it, Kelly kicked Gary O'Donnell and deserved his red.
Some striking action with the foot, red card for sure, the galway player made a meal out of it and ref ignored both the high tackle and the late tackle on Kelly. As with a host of other incidents in GAA, the refs ignore the agressive targetting but focus on the last offence, the retaliation. The refs are not only endorsing the agressive goading but also rewarding it. I prefer the rugby attitude of dealing with both and the rugby ref taking a more serious stance re the the aggressor than the retaliation.

Some striking action with the foot, yes a kick! It happened in front of me, Gary O'Donnell was on the ground a bit of a scrap broke out and Kelly kicked G O'D in the arse, it was comical!

mup

Quote from: TheOptimist on July 27, 2018, 05:17:06 PM

Was that in 2010 when we beat them by 11 points or this year when we beat them by 8?

TheOptimist

Quote from: mup on July 27, 2018, 06:07:09 PM

Was that in 2010 when we beat them by 11 points or this year when we beat them by 8?

It was this year when you best us by 8

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I wasn't at it but I believe Kildare went up there determined not to be bullied like they were against Carlow and were expecting a traditional tough Derry battle. What transpired was that Derry had gone a bit soft and the battle was a bit one sided. Kildare should have got a couple of black cards but that is down to the referee. Mark Lynch was rightly sent off for stupidity.

Owen Brannigan

MDM might not be the most popular but this shows how far Galway have come in a short time from the days of Padriac Joyce.

https://twitter.com/JoeDromgoole/status/1022531276413317120?s=09    

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 27, 2018, 06:59:52 PM

I wasn't at it

Excellent contribution. Tom fool.