Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Three comments on yesterday -- Delayed start... not a great help when you have trains to catch
Kerry ---awsome first half
Hill 16 booing their team off at half time ....disgraceful carry on.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

INDIANA

Quote from: ross matt on August 04, 2009, 12:56:20 PM
Indiana when does one have to have won an AI medal in order to comment on this site? Stop making as ass of yourself. Whelan is a fine player who should have started yesterday. Next to Cluxon he was easily Dublin's best peformer. I'm sure like most players personally he's a decent guy. However in recent years in high profile matches versus Meath, Mayo & yesterday he's resorted to spiteful thuggish behaviour that should have resulted in him being red carded.

Also I would'nt be giving the Dub supporters much credit for strolling in mass up the road to croker for the big day. The league match against Tyrone is'nt much eveidence of their loyalty either. That was another "big day out". From spitting at Tommy Lyons a few years back to booing their own team at half time yesterday and leaving before its over it's questionable whether they are genuine supporters. Let's see if they had to follow their side via the back door down the country and see who would travel?

The media fascination with them and their "colour" has to stop. In fairness it's not the Dublin players faults (even though Pillar milked it for a few years). But in the big matches versus Mayo, Tyrone & Dublin these past few years they've collapsed when they had to walk the talk. The whole Kerry Dublin rivalry is just a myth that shold be done away with.

Well done to Kerry. I was sure Dublin would win in. The form lines were thrown out the window. Kerry's sheer hunger to win the ball in defence and break the tackle to create an overlap was awesome. Dominated midfield. Forwards always looked like they were yards ahead of their men. Plus Kennelly helped vary their tactics with those 50 yard diagonal passes to Gooch. Stayed focussed to the end also and could have had another goal or two.

The question is was this a once off?  They're unlikely to be able to impose themselves similarly on Cork or Tyrone. I expect Mayo to beat Meath and put up a much sterner test than the Dubs. But it does look like the kingdom are on their way to yet another AI final appearance.  Astonishing achievement.

To think I actually cheered for the Roscommon minors and actually felt sorry for their seniors this year. What a fool I was. No other county gets the abuse Dublin people get here. thats why we have only 3 dublin posters. Thats the way you lot want it thats fine. So quite frankly Ross why don't you get off your own high horse. If people want to personally abuse people- say it their face or don't post it.
You're entitled to your opinion Ross- but I won't be apologising to you or anyone else for defending Dublin. And if you can't live with that then thats your problem. I've yet to see one newspaper article this year with any interviews with Ciaran Whelan to say he came back to win an -all-ireland with Dublin. His wife had a kid 2 days ago - he's a lot more things to be worried about then winning all-irelands. He came back to play for Dublin -end of.

Gnevin

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 04, 2009, 01:01:26 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 04, 2009, 12:09:44 PM
As for Brogan going for goal, Dublin needed that goal even if it was early in the game, they were visibly dying and needed some defibrillation.

It was a game effort by Brogan, would have been a cracker.

ten minutes gone, they were trailing 1.2/1.3 to 0.00, it was a ridiculous effort.  Murphy isn't the best keeper, but even he shouldn't be beaten by a shot from there.  Could they not understand that picking off a few points would have had them back in the game, that effort showed that they panicked after ten minutes, ffs!!  Tyrone trailed Kildare 4 at a stage, did they panic?  Did they need a goal to lift them?

100% . Going for goal from that far out was crazy when a point would of calmed nerves
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tyronefan

would agree with BB

don't know if it would have made a lot of difference in the game but a couple of handy points were on and they went for goals.

A couple of points at that stage may have got them back into the game.

Also the Dublin forwards were trying to beat the Kerry backs on their own and not looking for men in better positions. the Brogans were guilty of this several times

INDIANA

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 04, 2009, 12:56:52 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 12:47:20 PM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 04, 2009, 12:34:31 PM
still no reponse from you indiana,see no evil hear no evil attitude,ah well my point well and truly made,over and out.

Not at all. He shouldn't have done it but does that merit a thread on its own calling him a tr**p, sc**bag etc? Why don't you put up similar threads for your own county men who transgress? You've made no point whatsoever.

what are you on about?i never started any such thread so please retract that statement,again this shows you up as someone as a complete hypocrite,my views on discipline are well known and i am very consistent on my views i just dont pick and choose,your attitude on the derry v monaghan thread should be carried forward even when it involves your own county.

I'm retracting nothing. When I see individual threads posted by armagh people to personally abuse Francie Bellew or ones by tyrone people to abuse Mc Menamin then I'll withdraw it. Until then forget about it.

INDIANA

Quote from: tyronefan on August 04, 2009, 01:06:05 PM
would agree with BB

don't know if it would have made a lot of difference in the game but a couple of handy points were on and they went for goals.

A couple of points at that stage may have got them back into the game.

Also the Dublin forwards were trying to beat the Kerry backs on their own and not looking for men in better positions. the Brogans were guilty of this several times

If there was  a transfer market tomorrow -the only Dublin players anyone would want are the Brogans. If we had 15 of them we'd be laughing because we have f*** all else.

Main Street

Quote from: Gnevin on August 04, 2009, 01:05:49 PM
As for Brogan going for goal, Dublin needed that goal even if it was early in the game, they were visibly dying and needed some defibrillation.

ten minutes gone, they were trailing 1.2/1.3 to 0.00, it was a ridiculous effort.  Murphy isn't the best keeper, but even he shouldn't be beaten by a shot from there.  Could they not understand that picking off a few points would have had them back in the game, that effort showed that they panicked after ten minutes, ffs!!  Tyrone trailed Kildare 4 at a stage, did they panic?  Did they need a goal to lift them?

100% . Going for goal from that far out was crazy when a point would of calmed nerves
Dublin were dying at that point.
Calming nerves would have been a 10 second respite.
They had not the wherewithall to close down Kerry and pick off a few points.

Gnevin

Quote from: Main Street on August 04, 2009, 01:12:06 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 04, 2009, 01:05:49 PM

Dublin were dying at that point.
Calming nerves would have been a 10 second respite.
They had not the wherewithall to close down Kerry and pick off a few points.

At that stage Kerry where kicking non stop wides. If Dublin had rattled off a few point .It could of been a 2 or 3 point  game very quickly.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tyronefan

Would agree with you Indiana, both are very good footballers but several times yesterday they had men in better positions and they didn't pass.

Would have liked to see Whelan on from the start yesterday as well as he would have been a better option against O Se from the start and is there a reason Shane Ryan is not getting his place on that team, he is a grafter and will give 110% for every ball

Drumanee 1

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 01:07:30 PM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 04, 2009, 12:56:52 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 12:47:20 PM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 04, 2009, 12:34:31 PM
still no reponse from you indiana,see no evil hear no evil attitude,ah well my point well and truly made,over and out.

Not at all. He shouldn't have done it but does that merit a thread on its own calling him a tr**p, sc**bag etc? Why don't you put up similar threads for your own county men who transgress? You've made no point whatsoever.

what are you on about?i never started any such thread so please retract that statement,again this shows you up as someone as a complete hypocrite,my views on discipline are well known and i am very consistent on my views i just dont pick and choose,your attitude on the derry v monaghan thread should be carried forward even when it involves your own county.

I'm retracting nothing. When I see individual threads posted by armagh people to personally abuse Francie Bellew or ones by tyrone people to abuse Mc Menamin then I'll withdraw it. Until then forget about it.

are you saying i started a thread or not?if not why bring it in to our conversation,i am bringing this up on the dublin kerry thread as you did on the derry monaghan thread,whats the problem?or is this a distraction on my main point?which is, why you are not as strong in your comments of thugish behaviour in yesterdays match as you were after derrys match?all i want is consistend views from yourself.

ross matt

I'd say you need to go somewhere quiet for a good cry before you post anything else Indiana. Or even try reading what you're typing before posting.

I've no interest whatsoever in whether you supported our minor side and thanks for the sympathy for our seniors by the way. The thread was about yesterday's match and the post concerned Ciaran Whelan's thuggish behaviour and the antics of your own "fans". Everything I commented on actually happened as I said it. So maybe time for you to come out of denial. Have no idea what you mean about wanting to abuse people. I clearly didnt. I also said Whelan was a fine footballer who performed well yesterday and that I presumed he was a decent guy. I aware his wife had a baby recently because that was mentioned yesterday by the commentator. However most county footballers have kids. (In fact 3 times allstar & dual all ireland medal winning former Galway midfielder Kevin Walsh has I think 5 kids). So what exactly does have to do with Whelan's elbow in to mahony's jaw yesterday? his near decapitation of Mcgarritys head against mayo a few years back or his smash in to the face of a Meath midfielder on the ground after the thrown in during a leinster championship match in the same year? None of which he got the line for.

So either explain yourself or shut up. If there is a Roscommon thread up in the future feel free to post. You're perfectly entitled to just as the rest of us are to post on this thread. But where I'm from has nothing got to do with my comments on yesterday's match.

INDIANA

Quote from: tyronefan on August 04, 2009, 01:15:05 PM
Would agree with you Indiana, both are very good footballers but several times yesterday they had men in better positions and they didn't pass.

Would have liked to see Whelan on from the start yesterday as well as he would have been a better option against O Se from the start and is there a reason Shane Ryan is not getting his place on that team, he is a grafter and will give 110% for every ball

Alan still got 3 from play- he did his best. But himself and Bernard don't have players around them to complement their abilities. Bernard wasn't great yesterday by his standards. But we lost 15 of the first 18 kickouts and we take off the corner forward? Wasn't a game defining moment the game was over. BUt why? Indicates total panic.
Whelan should have started but thats it for him. We've no replacements for him either. Shane is likely to go as well. May well go to the hurlers. But i doubt Shane will be back next year for the footballers. keaney probably to play hurling as well. Another 10 squad retirements likely. Love to say we've loads of replacements but we don't.
We had good minor and u21 teams this year but we need 4/5 of them. Just look at Down and Laois- underage success means nothing unless it translates.

INDIANA

Quote from: ross matt on August 04, 2009, 01:22:22 PM
I'd say you need to go somewhere quiet for a good cry before you post anything else Indiana. Or even try reading what you're typing before posting.

I've no interest whatsoever in whether you supported our minor side and thanks for the sympathy for our seniors by the way. The thread was about yesterday's match and the post concerned Ciaran Whelan's thuggish behaviour and the antics of your own "fans". Everything I commented on actually happened as I said it. So maybe time for you to come out of denial. Have no idea what you mean about wanting to abuse people. I clearly didnt. I also said Whelan was a fine footballer who performed well yesterday and that I presumed he was a decent guy. I aware his wife had a baby recently because that was mentioned yesterday by the commentator. However most county footballers have kids. (In fact 3 times allstar & dual all ireland medal winning former Galway midfielder Kevin Walsh has I think 5 kids). So what exactly does have to do with Whelan's elbow in to mahony's jaw yesterday? his near decapitation of Mcgarritys head against mayo a few years back or his smash in to the face of a Meath midfielder on the ground after the thrown in during a leinster championship match in the same year? None of which he got the line for.

So either explain yourself or shut up. If there is a Roscommon thread up in the future feel free to post. You're perfectly entitled to just as the rest of us are to post on this thread. But where I'm from has nothing got to do with my comments on yesterday's match.

I'll agree simply not to respond to you. Can't say fairer than that. Because I might tell you exactly what I think of you- which is unprintable. So you can feel free to slag off any Dublin player you like. I'll just respond to the people who want to talk football. You can concern yourself with the other shite.

ross matt

Your last post bears out everything I said about you in my previous ones Indiana. Thanks for the vindication though. Now off to that crying room with ya :'( :'( :'(

tyronefan

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 01:22:31 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on August 04, 2009, 01:15:05 PM

Alan still got 3 from play- he did his best. But himself and Bernard don't have players around them to complement their abilities. Bernard wasn't great yesterday by his standards. But we lost 15 of the first 18 kickouts and we take off the corner forward? Wasn't a game defining moment the game was over. BUt why? Indicates total panic.
Whelan should have started but thats it for him. We've no replacements for him either. Shane is likely to go as well. May well go to the hurlers. But i doubt Shane will be back next year for the footballers. keaney probably to play hurling as well. Another 10 squad retirements likely. Love to say we've loads of replacements but we don't.
We had good minor and u21 teams this year but we need 4/5 of them. Just look at Down and Laois- underage success means nothing unless it translates.

I would say you are probably right about the retirements.

This wasn't a bad team overall but were badly let down with some of the management teams that were put in place over the last few years, and unfortuately for them came along at a time when we have seen great teams from Kerry, Armagh and Tyrone.