Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Snapchap on April 01, 2021, 07:36:16 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on March 31, 2021, 10:48:21 PM
Quote from: pbat on March 31, 2021, 10:28:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ex1lVsNXIAQBn4k?format=jpg&name=large

Could be a dangerous summer ahead.

The problem for SF is if they try to stop any bonfire/march etc on the basis of social distancing/Covid restrictions they've no credibility so what do they do then

If you read that article and your gut instinct was to attack SF, it says an awful lot about you.

He's just a troll. You'll note he has dodged the question about the Garda's funeral and why he thinks it was ok for hundreds of Gardai yo attend in spite of the regulations.

He'll bombard this board with his pathetic hypocrisy and faux outrage but he's never shown any semblance of intelligence that he's anything more than an empty troll.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

The problem for SF is if they try to stop any bonfire/march etc on the basis of social distancing/Covid restrictions they've no credibility so what do they do then

If you read that article and your gut instinct was to attack SF, it says an awful lot about you.

Your paranoia knows no bounds.

I don't want to see any marches/bonfires etc and the trouble that comes with it any more than anyone else. My point was quite simply what grounds do SF have to try and stop this happening? I don't see how anything positive can come from this.

johnnycool

Quote from: dublin7 on April 01, 2021, 09:33:28 AM

I don't want to see any marches/bonfires etc and the trouble that comes with it any more than anyone else. My point was quite simply what grounds do SF have to try and stop this happening? I don't see how anything positive can come from this.

Why would SF give two shites about a bonfire in Sydenham?

It's the PSNI's job which they do badly to protect the local community.

dublin7

Quote from: johnnycool on April 01, 2021, 09:39:35 AM

Its the very fact they have to protect the local community or at least limit what they could do. If one branch has announced they're going ahead with their bonfire/march I'm sure you'll see most of the rest follow suit as well. I would have thought that's a bad thing, but if people who live in the north don't have an issue with the orange order going ahead with their events then fair enough

Snapchap

Paranoia?   ???

You read the article and your response to it was to attack SF. It's hardly "paranoia" to then, for me to have claimed that your gut reaction to the article was to attack SF.

This board can beggar belief sometimes!!

trailer

Quote from: dublin7 on April 01, 2021, 09:45:39 AM

Its the very fact they have to protect the local community or at least limit what they could do. If one branch has announced they're going ahead with their bonfire/march I'm sure you'll see most of the rest follow suit as well. I would have thought that's a bad thing, but if people who live in the north don't have an issue with the orange order going ahead with their events then fair enough

SF and SF supporters are so insular in their outlook, they can't see how it effect the whole community. It's them alone and f**k the rest.

johnnycool

Still struggling with the connection to SF though.

If you think these bonfires are all going ahead because SF are seen to have gotten away with the Storey funeral then you must have missed the herbie hutton funeral and a few others, let alone the Rangers celebrations.

They'll take place irrespective of what the Shinners have done and I'll repeat again that what happened at the Storey funeral was wrong and has played out badly for the Shinners in their own communities which should be a bigger concern to them than a bonfire in east Belfast.

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on April 01, 2021, 09:48:36 AM

SF and SF supporters are so insular in their outlook, they can't see how it effect the whole community. It's them alone and f**k the rest.

Whereas the Stoops are happy to jump into bed with any bigoted unionist dinosaur they can as long as it allows them to have a pop at SF.

What an embarrassment the SDLP are.

tonto1888

What are the SDLP doing to stop the bonfires?

Applesisapples

The bonfires, paddies day etc.. are fcuk all to do with Storey funeral and more to do with a general tiredness re lockdown. watch Easter. same happening in the south.

dublin7

Quote from: johnnycool on April 01, 2021, 09:54:33 AM

If you think these bonfires are all going ahead because SF are seen to have gotten away with the Storey funeral then you must have missed the herbie hutton funeral and a few others, let alone the Rangers celebrations.

They'll take place irrespective of what the Shinners have done and I'll repeat again that what happened at the Storey funeral was wrong and has played out badly for the Shinners in their own communities which should be a bigger concern to them than a bonfire in east Belfast.

I simply pointed SF can't object to these events taking place due to covid restrictions. If they've no problem with them going ahead then you're right it's it doesn't matter what they do.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on April 01, 2021, 11:02:57 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 01, 2021, 09:54:33 AM

I simply pointed SF can't object to these events taking place due to covid restrictions. If they've no problem with them going ahead then you're right it's it doesn't matter what they do.

Are you sliddering away from addressing your hypocrisy on the Garda funeral?

Very hollow stuff.

general_lee

I suppose I'm what passes for a Shinner on here. I've no problem in calling them out. They got it completely wrong to the extent that they were/are actually taking the piss.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

ANGELO DO YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE IN YOUR LIFE. Get onto the gardening thread and chill. FSF lol

Snapchap

Quote from: general_lee on April 01, 2021, 11:21:37 AM

I suppose I'm what passes for a Shinner on here. I've no problem in calling them out. They got it completely wrong to the extent that they were/are actually taking the piss.
Ditto. As someone who supports SF and who held Bobby Storey in high regard, I have absolutely no problem in saying (and have said all along) that SF's prominent attendance at the funeral was the absolute height of stupidity and was totally inexcusable. As was Michelle O'Neill's attempts at justification in the days following it. When families had to decide which of them could and could not attend a parent's/grandparent's funeral, she was grossly insulting every one of them by claiming that she was right to have attended this funeral because she was close to Bobby. Not good enough.

But also not good enough has been the hypocritical and grossly insensitive reaction from the great and the good - totally heedless of a grieving family at the heart of the story. As I've said from the start, is that it's the same ones who have been doing the most shouting about this funeral (particularly on this board) who have been tripping over themselves to make excuses for/totally ignoring political figures breaching the regulations at other funerals. I've only seen one poster here at least letting the mask slip enough to admit that his motivation for complaining about the Storey funeral was solely down to his dislike for who was in the coffin, rather than a genuine concern for public health.

EDIT:
As I write, Nicola Mallons rises to her feet in the assembly to begin the SDLP's motion of censure against Sinn Féin. She won't reference her party leader breaching covid regulations at John Hume's funeral. That tells you everything about the motivations behind the furore.