Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

A new poll published this morning shows a drop in support for Sinn Féin.
According to the Behaviour & Attitudes survey in today's Sunday Times, the party's vote is down three points to 15%.
Satisfaction with their party leader Gerry Adams is also down by 8%.
Satisfaction in the government is up 11%, while Enda Kenny, Micheal Martin and Eamon Gilmore have all seen jumps in their popularity.
It is the first major survey since the release of the Smithwick Tribunal report and it suggests that Sinn Féin's stance on the report has not been popular.
In contrast, it appears the Government has received a positive boost following Ireland's recent exit from the bailout.
Fine Gael remains the most popular party in Ireland, up five points to 30%.
Fianna Fáil are unchanged on 21%, the same level as independents and others, while Labour are also unchanged on 11%.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

armaghniac

I think we've passed the economic solstice and while summer is still far away there will be some more light for many people. In this situation FG can only do better.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

glens abu

Quote from: All of a Sludden on December 22, 2013, 12:52:07 PM
According to the Behaviour & Attitudes survey in today's Sunday Times, the party's vote is down three points to 15%.
Satisfaction in the government is up 11%, while Enda Kenny, Micheal Martin and Eamon Gilmore have all seen jumps in their popularity.
It is the first major survey since the release of the Smithwick Tribunal report and it suggests that Sinn Féin's stance on the report has not been popular.
In contrast, it appears the Government has received a positive boost following Ireland's recent exit from the bailout.
Fianna Fáil are unchanged on 21%, the same level as independents and others, while Labour are also unchanged on 11%.

Disappointing that for the Shinners,but considering the level of attacks on Gerry Adams over past few months(smithwick,Laim Adams case,and the programme on the disappeared) I would say happy enough only down 3%.

Saffrongael

Quote from: glens abu on December 22, 2013, 02:37:22 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on December 22, 2013, 12:52:07 PM

Disappointing that for the Shinners,but considering the level of attacks on Gerry Adams over past few months(smithwick,Laim Adams case,and the programme on the disappeared) I would say happy enough only down 3%.

All warranted.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

lawnseed

I sensing a change.. Definately in the uk press toward sinn fein theres alot more shinners on tv and radio.. Not sure whats happening
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Minder

Quote from: lawnseed on December 28, 2013, 07:08:47 AM
I sensing a change.. Definately in the uk press toward sinn fein theres alot more shinners on tv and radio.. Not sure whats happening

It's not the 80's, they are allowed on it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Applesisapples

They are very much part of the British Establishment now, a bit like your man in Downton. ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 28, 2013, 03:25:09 PM
They are very much part of the British Establishment now, a bit like your man in Downton. ;D

One likes to read of the broader Empire on Boxing Day.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Saffrongael

Part of the establishment, have been for a long time.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 29, 2013, 12:18:12 AM

Part of the establishment, have been for a long time.

;D ;D Martin Og will love you,maybe a bit of promotion. :-[

Saffrongael

Sinn Fein councillors in a drunken brawl on their Xmas do in Belfast City Hall, wrecked the bogs, causing two grand of damage. They must have fell out over how the grant money was getting carved up this year  ;D

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 30, 2013, 12:39:18 PM
Sinn Fein councillors in a drunken brawl on their Xmas do in Belfast City Hall, wrecked the bogs, causing two grand of damage. They must have fell out over how the grant money was getting carved up this year  ;D

More lies,prove it.Glad to see you believe everything the DUP tell you.

Saffrongael

Quote from: glens abu on December 30, 2013, 03:55:01 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on December 30, 2013, 12:39:18 PM

More lies,prove it.Glad to see you believe everything the DUP tell you.

So they will be taking legal action against the paper that printed the story ?

Saffrongael

Mind you Shinners aren't having much luck in the courts this last few days  8)

DUP making a fool out if Michelle O'Neill - not that this would be hard

lawnseed

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 30, 2013, 05:33:24 PM
Mind you Shinners aren't having much luck in the courts this last few days  8)

DUP making a fool out if Michelle O'Neill - not that this would be hard
how do they know if they are making a fool out of her.. ? I cant understand  a word she says she talks like a machine pistol
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once