Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 01:26:26 PM
exactly my point. good haircut, nice suit, and telling lies to appease the sheep gets the gig. one for everybody in the audience...!

I hope you're just a WUM .....
You claim you want an all Ireland outcome yet you continually insult the 4.4 million majority you will have  to unite with.
If you're not a WUM then you must be just a thick eejit  :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 02, 2013, 03:43:22 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 01:37:08 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 02, 2013, 11:29:31 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 09:26:17 AM
you should try to remember that both jurisdictions are in the EU so real 'competition' is some what curtailed.
What rubbish. If that was the case, Robinson and McGuinness wouldn't have been quite so glum when Cameron told them where to go in relation to corporation tax. And if there was no competition, there wouldn't be hordes of cars piling into Sainsburys in Newry or Asda in Enniskillen.
i think you'll find the hoardes of cars are now a trickle and the need to head north is more to do with price fixing.
You've lost me there - please elaborate.

as for the corporation tax i don't buy it. the south has the low tax and the economy is still fukd. 14% unemployment. its a rich mans tax. why should the poor take cuts in services just so some huge company can put a girl and a computer in a office in dublin to avoid tax.
You should have told McGuinness that, before he went to London and returned with his tail between his legs.

And if a huge company put a girl and a computer in Dublin to avoid tax somewhere else, is that not the Irish economy getting 12.5% of something they would otherwise have had 0% of?

if you want to attract business you need to tackle the actual costs of running a business here like energy costs. create cheap energy and business will follow it. eg electricity in canada is 3 cents a unit thats about 2p.
So what's the solution? Apparently fracking is widespread in Canada. SF's response: Most people in Leitrim, Cavan, Fermanagh and other areas realise that this practice could have a huge impact on their lives and their surrounding area. This has been clearly demonstrated by the massive groundswell of opposition to fracking. Sinn Féin will stand with the people in their fight against it.
http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/22450

I'm really not sure why you support SF at all.
actually the most of Canada's power comes from hydroelectric sources.  do you know that over 12000 people were employed in hydro powered mills on the bann river alone. that energy is still flowing except now we ignore it. infact given the higher rainfall.. well you don't need me to spell it out. to create industry you need a cheap source of power. our energy costs on this island are so high they are prohibitive. this despite having continuous wind and rain. the creation of this kind of energy in itself creates employment.. engineering and public works and maintaince.
but we are in a situation where our electricity supply has fallen into the hands of private companies in fact i'm hearing very bad reports about charges for grid connection and about foul play against those already connected. a wee bird tells me about a guy with a large wind turbine connected to the grid. hes complaining bitterly that nie are switching him off on days of good winds therefore his machine is spinning away but hes earning no money thats what happens when you sell off utilities

if the folk in fermanagh don't want fracking then sinn fein as the political reps are correct to oppose it on their behalf.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2013, 05:55:28 PM
exactly my point. good haircut, nice suit, and telling lies to appease the sheep gets the gig. one for everybody in the audience...!

You claim you want an all Ireland outcome yet you continually insult the 4.4 million majority you will have  to unite with.
you find the idea that sinn fein sould tell a few lies to get into power so offensive rossie and yet you happily take it up the rear from fianna gael for a hundred years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawnseed

hold on i've a brillant idea.. lets have a big party and invite all ex-pats from all over the world get them here and fleece them for every penny.. wack for the daddyo begorra!

armaghniac

Quoteif the folk in fermanagh don't want fracking then sinn fein as the political reps are correct to oppose it on their behalf.

Indeed, but they should not spout scientific nonsense when doing so. How many "reps" oppose mobile masts while being themselves extensive users of mobile devices.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 05:59:54 PM

you find the idea that sinn fein sould tell a few lies to get into power so offensive rossie and yet you happily take it up the rear from fianna gael for a hundred years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I find offensive are your continued jibes, put downs and insults of the people of the 26 Cos., yet you claim you want to unite with us.
FF were founded in 1926 and FG came into being in the 1930s..... so maybe you are just plain THICK.
Maybe you could sign up for an adult Education course somewhere.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 06:05:48 PM
hold on i've a brillant idea.. lets have a big party and invite all ex-pats from all over the world get them here and fleece them for every penny.. wack for the daddyo begorra!

I'll be happy to go back and spend my Queens schillings, glad it's not SF sending the invite or I'd be expecting to be detained at the airport and rounded up into a gulag. The day Provo-SF rules in Dublin is the day freedom dies.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2013, 06:47:18 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 05:59:54 PM

What I find offensive are your continued jibes, put downs and insults of the people of the 26 Cos., yet you claim you want to unite with us.
FF were founded in 1926 and FG came into being in the 1930s..... so maybe you are just plain THICK.
Maybe you could sign up for an adult Education course somewhere.

Thats the true face of SF "centralized totalitarian and nationalistic government that strictly controls finance, industry, and commerce, practices rigid censorship, and eliminates opposition through secret police".
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on April 02, 2013, 06:37:26 PM

Quoteif the folk in fermanagh don't want fracking then sinn fein as the political reps are correct to oppose it on their behalf.

Indeed, but they should not spout scientific nonsense when doing so. How many "reps" oppose mobile masts while being themselves extensive users of mobile devices.
But good to see his roadmap to revolutionise politics is to champion the parish pump!

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 05:56:18 PM
do you know that over 12000 people were employed in hydro powered mills on the bann river alone. that energy is still flowing except now we ignore it. infact given the higher rainfall.. well you don't need me to spell it out.
Well actually, i'd appreciate if you would.

There was enough power in the water to run individual mills, not to provide electricity to the country. And the 12,000 people were employed in industries that are no longer economically viable (no doubt due to the Brits).

The hyrdopower required to provide substantial levels of electricity is on a different scale altogether. In Canada, it's provided by dams, flooding cast areas of land (no doubt we'd have your SF reps opposing that on behalf of the locals). The idea that we can provide cheaper electricity by harnessing the River Bann... well it all sounds a bit gerrynomics to me.

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 02, 2013, 07:41:45 PM
do you know that over 12000 people were employed in hydro powered mills on the bann river alone. that energy is still flowing except now we ignore it. infact given the higher rainfall.. well you don't need me to spell it out.
Well actually, I'd appreciate if you would.

There was enough power in the water to run individual mills, not to provide electricity to the country. And the 12,000 people were employed in industries that are no longer economically viable (no doubt due to the Brits).

The hydropower required to provide substantial levels of electricity is on a different scale altogether. In Canada, it's provided by dams, flooding cast areas of land (no doubt we'd have your SF reps opposing that on behalf of the locals). The idea that we can provide cheaper electricity by harnessing the River Bann... well it all sounds a bit gerrynomics to me.

you will realise that tea picking in India is becoming no longer economically viable because Indian ladies no longer 'have time' to do it and it is now considered beneath them besides why bother when you can work in call centres and go to McDonald's..
if you bother to look you'll see that infact ulster was plastered in watered driven industry, that same infrastructure could be made hydro electric providing thousands of kilowatts of carbon neutral sustainable energy. but this is only an example of what we CAN do to help reduce our energy bills and provide employment and attract industry to our island. but feel free to make other suggestions..

your point about me blaming the Brits..? its true ship building, the flax industry etc may have died out on their own but nothing was out in their place

as regards nimbyism there would be people who would object to a goldmine near them. but if its harmful to the balance of nature and enough people in a particular area object then dig somewhere else

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lawnseed on April 02, 2013, 10:30:44 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 02, 2013, 07:41:45 PM
Well actually, I'd appreciate if you would.

The hydropower required to provide substantial levels of electricity is on a different scale altogether. In Canada, it's provided by dams, flooding cast areas of land (no doubt we'd have your SF reps opposing that on behalf of the locals). The idea that we can provide cheaper electricity by harnessing the River Bann... well it all sounds a bit gerrynomics to me.

you will realise that tea picking in India is becoming no longer economically viable because Indian ladies no longer 'have time' to do it and it is now considered beneath them besides why bother when you can work in call centres and go to McDonald's..
if you bother to look you'll see that infact ulster was plastered in watered driven industry, that same infrastructure could be made hydro electric providing thousands of kilowatts of carbon neutral sustainable energy. but this is only an example of what we CAN do to help reduce our energy bills and provide employment and attract industry to our island. but feel free to make other suggestions..

your point about me blaming the Brits..? its true ship building, the flax industry etc may have died out on their own but nothing was out in their place

as regards nimbyism there would be people who would object to a goldmine near them. but if its harmful to the balance of nature and enough people in a particular area object then dig somewhere else
Do you just write the first thing comes into your head?! Assam etc wouldn't be coming down with call centres as most people would be living in the sticks.

Anyway powering a millstone or a linen mill with the aid of a waterwheel is a long way from the power needs of a modern society. Pie in the sky.

ranch

I vote SF but thank goodness Lawnseed doesn't lead the party (or any party). Some of these last few posts are funnier than UKIP's manifesto at the last General Election.

armaghniac

QuoteAssam etc wouldn't be coming down with call centres as most people would be living in the sticks.

Assam is like Tyrone, people live among the bushes.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jim_Murphy_74

do you know that over 12000 people were employed in hydro powered mills on the bann river alone. that energy is still flowing except now we ignore it. infact given the higher rainfall.. well you don't need me to spell it out. to

Way ahead of you guys in the advanced South.  We have harnessed the power of the biggest river in the island and it is driving a massive 85MW turbine!

It's great carbon neutral energy at that massive level.  (Compared to paltry 915MW that Moneypoint produces down river). Now some critics point out that it dries up the fishing in around Limerick but sur' their loss is someone elses gain.  There's also a bit of flooding up river but again that most them backward crowd in Connaught...not a bit of harm to them.

So yes, if put a few hundred hydro stations on Ulsters rivers you will get thousands of Megawatts.  Note though it will have a massive impact on the fishing and tourism in the likes of Fermanagh.  (Then again Fermanagh consists of lakes and Protestants so Shinners may not be too bothered).  Also be prepared for the flooding upstream from the needed dams.  (Again maybe it could be arranged to divert to Protestant areas).....

They do you a disservice on this site, your hydro-electric scheme could be the blow for Irish freedom that 30 years of war never achieved.

Tiocfaidh ár thuile!

/Jim.