Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Great result and no real surprise tbh...

Rossa should have beaten St Johns only for some wrong options they would have, beat Ballycastle well enough and only for the late comeback from Dunloy they'd have won that.

We huffed and puffed against St Johns today and all level at the last water break .. but unfortunately for us we lost a man to a straight red, we lost momentum after that and the Johnnies found their men a lot easier when things opened up, we'd a penalty missed also which would have levelled the game late on but they saved it.

Can't fault our lads for commitment today, as for the Johnnies they'll have a period to get a few players through some injuries for the semi final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

I see one of the Cushendall lads on Twitter asking about the choice of ref for today's game as his club are still involved..

Does he have a point? I'm not one for having a go at refs or questioning their honesty btw. I've known Skinny Cunning for 25 + years and he's always been honest.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 29, 2020, 08:50:34 PM
I see one of the Cushendall lads on Twitter asking about the choice of ref for today's game as his club are still involved..

Does he have a point? I'm not one for having a go at refs or questioning their honesty btw. I've known Skinny Cunning for 25 + years and he's always been honest.

Surely after the way Ross played against Dunloy this year you'd want The Dall  ;)

On a serious note you have got a referee who's in the top 12 in the country, do we want the best men for the job? Or just give it to someone else because they 'think' he may be biased?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2020, 09:42:22 PM

Surely after the way Ross played against Dunloy this year you'd want The Dall  ;)

On a serious note you have got a referee who's in the top 12 in the country, do we want the best men for the job? Or just give it to someone else because they 'think' he may be biased?

Exactly, what other refs would be capable of doing it? You'd be out the window MR2 as the Galls were still involved..

Calm Down

Any Complaints about Burke's red card today MR2?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 29, 2020, 10:00:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2020, 09:42:22 PM

Exactly, what other refs would be capable of doing it? You'd be out the window MR2 as the Galls were still involved..

At the start of the championship, all refs have clubs involved, it's a stupid statement

imtommygunn

Cushendun and St. Paul's handing out some hammering sin the junior.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 30, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
The Dun score sounds like it's basically hitting a score from each poc out so a waste of time for all parties. Not that they'll care.

Milltown Row2

Junior B should have been played first and winners go into junior A. Think that's been the case before in fairness

ned

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 30, 2020, 10:24:10 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 30, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
The Dun score sounds like it's basically hitting a score from each poc out so a waste of time for all parties. Not that they'll care.

Looks like those two are well ahead of the other junior teams. Belong in the Intermediate but just the way it's fallen.

ciaran1988

Should make for a great semi final between Cushendun and St Paul's in what is basically the final itself

NAG1

Big scoring reserve game last night.

smitty1982

Strange how the county work things , £5 into final last night in Dunsilly yet the minor game on Thursday night is ticket only

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on September 01, 2020, 12:22:02 PM
Big scoring reserve game last night.

Having been involved with our reserves I must say the standard of Dunloy and Loughgiel and Cushendall has been excellent this year at this level..

I would love this to continue but with an amendment that it be tiered some way... that the lower end reserves, ourselves and a few others play off first before meeting the top teams, for as much as we tried the gulf was too wide

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: smitty1982 on September 01, 2020, 12:53:52 PM
Strange how the county work things , £5 into final last night in Dunsilly yet the minor game on Thursday night is ticket only

wondered that myself but to be honest there wasnt too big of a crowd there last night to make it worth while printing them out.

do think its silly to have tickets for minor matches and not the reserves.
hurl like f**k boi!