Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OirthearMhaigheo

Quote from: AbbeySider on January 25, 2008, 11:36:20 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on January 25, 2008, 11:03:55 AM
And the admins on it seemed to have an agenda (1 definitely did), seemed to criticise everything mgmt did. Doubt it is missed too much!

Ya I heard it was being used as a forum for management 'bashing' (especially against JOM). I lost interest after I heard that.

was our good friend rosnarun one of the admins by any chance?!
Feckin hell ros, you're starting early with the same old record, any chance you could give it a game or 2 before copying and pasting another of your comments from last year?!
Have to agree with Gaeilgeoir, JOM and his Management team are the best in the county for the job. Hopefully we'll see a big improvement on last year though, I agree with you Ros on one thing, it was a poor year, just don't think it was ALL the managements fault.

AbbeySider

Quote from: OirthearMhaigheo on January 25, 2008, 01:56:16 PM
was our good friend rosnarun one of the admins by any chance?!
Feckin hell ros, you're starting early with the same old record, any chance you could give it a game or 2 before copying and pasting another of your comments from last year?!
Have to agree with Gaeilgeoir, JOM and his Management team are the best in the county for the job. Hopefully we'll see a big improvement on last year though, I agree with you Ros on one thing, it was a poor year, just don't think it was ALL the managements fault.

Quote from: rosnarun
whats that based on Losing to a crap donegal team in the first final this  'knows how to win finals' manager partook in with an all ireland finalist team at his disposal.
the complete no show against a weak galway team
the humilation off the loss against derry who later showed them selves to less than average.
Or is this based on what a micheal donnellan p joyce inspired team did 7 years ago in croke park.

Ros you are coming down fairly hard on John O Mahoney.
Remember that O Mahoney inherited that team that got beaten by Galway and Derry.
We are in the process of team building and making a another decent strike at winning an All Ireland in the next few years.
These things dont happen overnight and you seem a little naive to believe that we should be putting in a major challenge every year.

I about half way through "House of Pain" and in it a member of the All-Ireland winning Mayo team referred to all this bitching and complaining about the manager as being therapeutic. It reminded me of some people on here that seem to get a lot off their chest with all the bashing; letting it off your chest and then feeling good about it.

rosnarun

QuoteO Mahoney inherited that team that got beaten by Galway and Derry.
thats exactly my point
one manager get the team to an allireland final the other got beaten by derry, what part of it not being the managers fault is that.
he seemed to believe all the bollix written about him that all he had to do was become mayo manager  get elected to the dail and pamela anderson would become his girlfreind and they would licve happily together in trock candy mountain.

No I had nothing to do with mchalepark.com but i dod have a mayo fansite in the mid 90'ies
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

Has rosnarun not a right to criticise O'Mahony?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stephenite

I'll have to check that Pietas - I'd know some of them involved pretty well and would be very surprised if that was to be the case. I suppose there is a possibility that it may have been someone from within the Fianna Fail cumman. Can't access that page now but I don't recall any specific anti-O'Mahony vibe, I'd hope it wouldn't have been anyone connected with the Stephenites

Son_of_Sam

Just for anyone not at the Mayo V Westmeath game in Ballinrobe this evening, which Mayo won. They announced that Mayo will be playing D.I.T. @ 11 a.m. in Cong tomorrow morning (Sunday).

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on January 26, 2008, 11:31:42 PM
Just for anyone not at the Mayo V Westmeath game in Ballinrobe this evening, which Mayo won. They announced that Mayo will be playing D.I.T. @ 11 a.m. in Cong tomorrow morning (Sunday).
What was the Mayo line up like...any pointers towards next weekend in Derry.

Farrandeelin

From mayofans.com

Mayo 2-9 Westmeath 0-9
Mayo team:
1 Clarke
2 C Moran,
3 BJ Padden,
4 L O'Malley
5 C Barrett
6 A Higgins
7 K Higgins
8 S O'Shea
9 P Gardiner
10 J Gill
11 A O'Malley
12 M Mullins
13 C Mortimer
14 B Moran
15 A Moran
Subs: C Boyle for Gardiner, C Conroy for A Moran, B Benson for B Moran, A Capbell for A O'Malley, A Kilcoyne for Gill, T Parsons for O'Shea.

Son_of_Sam

Players who played very well last night where

Peadar Gardiner, Billy Joe Padden, Liam O'Malley (outstanding, took some big hits and kept going), Keith Higgins, Mickey Mullins, & Andy Moran (really bulked up & was everywhere on the pitch), Aidan Higgins put in a decent show. O yea James Gills Renaissance continued.
Austin O'Malley had an absolute stinker.

From this morning Austin O'Malley had an absolute blinder when he came on in the second half, scored a goal by forcing his way singlehandedly through an entire full & half back line & goalkeeper (Go figure, his swings in form, a real confidence player I think). Tom Parsons put in a strong display. Sean Mallee was good when he came on in the second half. Kilcoyne scored most of D.I.T.s points it was almost Mayo V Kilcoyne. The other midfielder, I think he s from Achill Con*** or something like that had a good game. O yea David Heaney was @ number 6 & put in a very good display.

Farrandeelin

Son of Sam, could you name the team as I just took that from a report from mayofans and it seems there were some inaccuracies.

MaroonAndWhite

Was in Ballinrobe last night. Surprised, but BJ played well. Would have concerns when the ball comes in in the air but he looked competent when the ball came in low. He needs to just settle to one position and soon, not sure if no 3 is the spot though. O'Malley had a great game, a hardy bit of stuff surely. Took a few fair shoulders, took them and got on with it and he looked very accompolished coming out of defence with the ball. Peadar Gardiner looked ok at midfield but still he has no notion of being there come summer......a third midfielder role wuld suit him though. Mickey Mullins put away a blinder of a goal......showed very well in first half, quiet in the second. Barry Moran had a poor enough game.........for the amount of ball floated in in the second half with the wind, he won very little of it. Donaghy he aint....
All in all, as much as I dislike sayin it ye are further along than Galway...........early days for both teams though

Farrandeelin

QuoteAll in all, as much as I dislike sayin it ye are further along than Galway...........early days for both though

But sure Sammon's book on coaching skills etc will have Galway ticking along nicely come the Summer time though I'd say.

MaroonAndWhite

We'll judge how the coaching skills are come the end of the Summer  ;)............what kind of timing is this for releasing a book on coaching skills?! From the 3 Galway games so far, its no change from the days of Ford. Tell me, is it just a rumour that Peter "the great" has taken over the Mitchells true?

Farrandeelin

It's no rumour, Forde is the new Mitchells manager. If nothing, it might waken the club from its slumber, they won the u-21 county title not so long ago (it could have been last year - memory is fading fast!) so should make a push for the senior title soon enough.

Tubberman

Was at the Westmeath game as well. There was a very strong wind (gale!) so it was never going to be pretty I suppose.
BJP did pretty well at full back and read the ball well when it came in low - always got there before his man, but as maroon said, I wouldn't be confident when the high ball is raining down on top of him. As well as Liam O'Malley, I thought Keith Higgins and Chris Barrett did well. Barrett seems to have bulked up a fair bit since I last saw him play.
Seamus O'Shea didn't do much in midfield I'm afraid. Gardiner did a lot of running but was never going to win clean ball in the middle.
Conor Mort was very quiet, but I'm sure he'll come good. AOM had a poor game, but Micky Mullins looks very lively. Took his goal brilliantly, a bullet to the roof of the net coming in along the end line. And he played a few lovely passes to others.
Wouldn't make any judgements on last night though...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."