Mayo v London Sunday July 21st, 2013 Connacht Final

Started by From the Bunker, June 30, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on July 04, 2013, 10:43:06 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 04, 2013, 10:28:24 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 04, 2013, 10:06:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 04, 2013, 09:58:06 PM
Yes I've read the book and given a review on this site. I still have no idea what you were on about.

If the House of Pain comes crumbling down, that presumably means we won the AI. That would be 4.

How could that 'only be equaling the number of senior AIs residing within our Steadfast Irish Heart'?

Let me Google that for you, I know you are a busy man: http://www.ngw.nl/int/ier/counties/roscommo.htm

Erm...how does 4 AIs if it ever happens before ye win 4 equate to being equal? That's what he's not getting and to be quite frank I don't think anybody else is either.....

Jaysus, ye Mayo lads are like unruly children - the AI only 'resides' in your county for a year and St. Brigid's have already delivered us a senior AI for the year ;)

Still holdin' out for the second of the year so I won't be wishing ye too well just yet.

This is big boy and girl school younglad. We are talking about Senior Inter-County Football. Senior Inter-County All-Ireland's, National Football League Titles and Senior Inter-County Provincial Titles.

Please return to the playschool section.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 04, 2013, 10:57:50 PM
Yes I've read the book and given a review on this site. I still have no idea what you were on about.

If the House of Pain comes crumbling down, that presumably means we won the AI. That would be 4.

How could that 'only be equaling the number of senior AIs residing within our Steadfast Irish Heart'?

Let me Google that for you, I know you are a busy man: http://www.ngw.nl/int/ier/counties/roscommo.htm

Erm...how does 4 AIs if it ever happens before ye win 4 equate to being equal? That's what he's not getting and to be quite frank I don't think anybody else is either.....

Jaysus, ye Mayo lads are like unruly children - the AI only 'resides' in your county for a year and St. Brigid's have already delivered us a senior AI for the year ;)

Still holdin' out for the second of the year so I won't be wishing ye too well just yet.

This is big boy and girl school younglad. We are talking about Senior Inter-County Football. Senior Inter-County All-Ireland's, National Football League Titles and Senior Inter-County Provincial Titles.

You don't have many of the first two so I don't know where your confidence is coming from, Mayo God.

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on July 04, 2013, 10:18:24 PM
I really hope this is untrue about Regan.

You doubt me seƱor :o

Nah, its 100%. Looks like the squad is being trimmed - that was the reason given - but Regan is out anyway. Looks like the board want to save a few bob. Personally, I dont agree with it and think it is shortsighted. Insensitivity like this can hurt us later.

On a positive note, Horan must be confident that his only other natural predators (Conroy and COC) are in good health when he can afford to forget about Regan. He is clearly confident that Varley and Freeman are better options also.

But what happens if Conroy and O Connor break down again? To say we d be limited is an understatement.

Surprised that most people prefer to argue semantics with Syferus than post on this?

ballinaman

Quote from: moysider on July 04, 2013, 11:07:25 PM
Surprised that most people prefer to argue semantics with Syferus than post on this?
They haven't discovered the block function yet obviously.

Looks like Coen was going to be ahead of him in the pecking order too. Agree, seems a bit short sighted. Worked hard to get back from injury and then culled before the championship hots up...tough enough to swallow I'd say.

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on July 04, 2013, 11:16:12 PM

Looks like Coen was going to be ahead of him in the pecking order too. Agree, seems a bit short sighted. Worked hard to get back from injury and then culled before the championship hots up...tough enough to swallow I'd say.

Someone's hurtin'.

sans pessimism

culled...what was the reason or are we in the realms of speculation here.At this stage
of c/ship there must have been a serious problem to take this action (if true-I trust the nordie mayo lads
have the right line)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

If board wanted a cull, decisions had to be made. Horan has to make them and they cant be easy calls to make.

Regan has more quality than those retained - I doubt anybody would dispute that. He can do stuff the others cant. But maybe Horan thinks he would be ineffective v mass defensive units we will face later. Not sure some of the others will fare much better imo even though they may be bigger.
It would be better to have kept him involved. Alright, we re in the red, but how much is culling a few lads at this time of year going to save?

larryin89

Doesn't make sense to me at all, 21 years of age, settling into the squad , on the fringe of making team esp with the few forwards not 100% yet and who knows how its going to work out for Conroy/Andy/Cillian , i agree Coen looks like he's ahead for team selection but this move seems a bit harsh to put it mildly and nonsensical as far as i can read into it from a supporters point of view.

Would it put a lad off county football to be cut from the panel like this in mid season? It must be heartbreaking in a way.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sans pessimism

Is that the reason or are you giving ur own thinking Moy
and is anyone else left off.I'd like an official statement
before this thing goes cheetah
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Tubberman

It's hard to understand - from the outside at least. Just when he was finally fit and injury free and had put up a big score for the club...
Rumour that someone else has been called up to the panel but not sure how accurate that is.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

moysider

Quote from: sans pessimism on July 04, 2013, 11:53:21 PM
Is that the reason or are you giving ur own thinking Moy
and is anyone else left off.I'd like an official statement
before this thing goes cheetah

I said I wouldn t speculate earlier and I didn t. Later I heard the player was told he was a casulty of squad pruning. I dont know if there are others. If he is the only one then it will look strange.

moysider

Quote from: Tubberman on July 04, 2013, 11:57:00 PM
It's hard to understand - from the outside at least. Just when he was finally fit and injury free and had put up a big score for the club...
Rumour that someone else has been called up to the panel but not sure how accurate that is.

Not a Ballintubber player by any chance ;D ;D ;D

O Connor the younger maybe?

Only messin. We ll get the full picture anon I m sure.

For some reason today I wondered why Conoreen had quit and Kilcoyne had been culled. And I swear I haven t thought about the Mort in a year and didn t give Killer a second thought. But is there a pattern?

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on July 04, 2013, 11:07:15 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 04, 2013, 10:57:50 PM

You don't have many of the first two so I don't know where your confidence is coming from, Mayo God.

We have 11 NFL Titles, only second to Kerry.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2013, 12:20:57 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on July 04, 2013, 11:57:00 PM

Not a Ballintubber player by any chance ;D ;D ;D

O Connor the younger maybe?

Only messin. We ll get the full picture anon I m sure.

For some reason today I wondered why Conoreen had quit and Kilcoyne had been culled. And I swear I haven t thought about the Mort in a year and didn t give Killer a second thought. But is there a pattern?
Jaze, moy, you have me worried!  ;D
You're a lot closer to the scene than I am so if you detect that something odd is afoot, I'd have to take it that you've been hearing rumours that you think are credible.
But I can't see any sort of pattern emerging and a  I doubt that trip to Specsavers will make me  see anything more than I can see now.
Farrandeelin has told us several times that Kilcoyne is in England and that's as good a reason as any for him being absent from the panel.
The manner in which Mort stormed off the panel tells me all I need to know about his departure.
With regards to Evan Regan, all we can do at the moment is speculate. You have heard that it's a case of squad pruning and Tubberman has heard that Horan is going to bring somebody else in to replace him.
Now both rumours can't be true. It could also be a case of the lad dropping out for a whole variety of reasons. Conoreen did just that and the little hoor let everyone why he did so.
Remember the case of the Feeneys taking a huff?
Maybe Evan is doing the same and maybe also he may have done so for personal reasons.
I dunno. Sorry to see him go but all we can do is wait for an explanation.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi