Mayo v London Sunday July 21st, 2013 Connacht Final

Started by From the Bunker, June 30, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 06, 2013, 09:29:16 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 06, 2013, 08:35:26 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 05, 2013, 05:51:10 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 05, 2013, 02:35:48 PM

Any word on injured players? Barry? COC? Conroy? Hopefully there'll be no new names on the list by Sunday evening
Heard Conroy is flying. Barry,Doc and Conroy in contention for London.COC said hopeful regards bank holiday weekend.
Dillon is gone from what I heard,3 months.

Panic over. Just gave a masterclass for Tubber tonight from the start.

I wouldn't say he gave a masterclass Ballinaman but he was good when called upon and looked brighter in the second half when Brian Ruane started to tire badly. Geraghty looked very good tonight , he must be back in the mix now for Mayo ,and Gibbons and Pat Hart had a right battle through out the game.
Counted 4 points coming directly from his passes and clipped over that killer one himself near the end. Played some very intelligent passes. Wasn't in the game for the first 20 as you said. Thought Geraghty was more impressive than Gibbons. Evan was wicked close for 2 of his attempts that went wide and if goal chance went in, in 1st half (not sure who it was, was in the stand, Casey?) would have helped our cause greatly.
Seen a Ballagh man in the stand taking notes....doing their homework in advance.

Crete Boom

Quote from: ballinaman on July 06, 2013, 09:41:22 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on July 06, 2013, 09:29:16 PM

Any word on injured players? Barry? COC? Conroy? Hopefully there'll be no new names on the list by Sunday evening
Heard Conroy is flying. Barry,Doc and Conroy in contention for London.COC said hopeful regards bank holiday weekend.

I wouldn't say he gave a masterclass Ballinaman but he was good when called upon and looked brighter in the second half when Brian Ruane started to tire badly. Geraghty looked very good tonight , he must be back in the mix now for Mayo ,and Gibbons and Pat Hart had a right battle through out the game.
Counted 4 points coming directly from his passes and clipped over that killer one himself near the end. Played some very intelligent passes. Wasn't in the game for the first 20 as you said. Thought Geraghty was more impressive than Gibbons. Evan was wicked close for 2 of his attempts that went wide and if goal chance went in, in 1st half (not sure who it was, was in the stand, Casey?) would have helped our cause greatly.
Seen a Ballagh man in the stand taking notes....doing their homework in advance.

Yeah Geraghty was the pick of the men in the middle and Dillion did have that touch of pure class when he had too I just thought the Ballina backs marshalled him well for the majority of the game. I thought Plunkett did more damage for Tubber when he came on to be honest. Gazza MacHale was the man who had his shot tipped onto the bar by the Keeper in the first half.

Syferus

ballinaman

Agreed Crete. Tubber just a bit too cute tonight, could see why they've been at the top table for last few years. McGings point after Harte pentaly stopped any potential momentum.

maigheo

Crete Boom

Quote from: maigheo on July 06, 2013, 10:18:09 PM
Did David Clarke play for Ballina??

No John Healy came out of retirement again :o to man the goals. He was sitting on the bench but I don't think he was togged out although I am not sure.

Quote from: ballinaman on July 06, 2013, 10:13:14 PM
Agreed Crete. Tubber just a bit too cute tonight, could see why they've been at the top table for last few years. McGings point after Harte pentaly stopped any potential momentum.

Yeah Tubber dominated us in midfield although it's some improvement on last year from us.
I hope everyone came through the rest of the games tonight unscathed? Ger Caff played well tonight and didn't seem any way hampered by the injury he picked up against the Rossies

Farrandeelin

Richie Feeney did not play for Castlebar Mitchels according to the reporter on MWR this evening. Something about a heel injury.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: ballinaman on July 06, 2013, 08:48:24 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 06, 2013, 08:43:19 PM

Phew! That's some relief.
BTW, how did the game go?
Ballina 1-8 Ballinubber 0-13
Castlebar 1-15 Cross 2-6
Charlestown 0-13 Tourmakeady 0-3
Breaffy 1-13 Davitts 0-11 ( Micky C off the bench after 20mins)
Waiting on Knockmore Westport Full time, last i heard it was Knockmore 0-13- Westport 1-6

Lying Ballina hoor  ;)  ;D

Four pieces of good news tonight though :)

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 06, 2013, 10:53:50 PM
Richie Feeney did not play for Castlebar Mitchels according to the reporter on MWR this evening. Something about a heel injury.

I heard a stress fracture. Out for a few weeks at least.
MWWSI 2017

Crete Boom

Quote from: muppet on July 07, 2013, 10:44:35 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 06, 2013, 10:53:50 PM

I heard a stress fracture. Out for a few weeks at least.

Big blow if he is out as he is our go to man to problem solve a number of positions at the moment which is something we have been badly lacking in the past.

Syferus

Ah, poor Richie. Looked like he was finally making a place for himself in the starting line-up too.

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on July 07, 2013, 01:10:10 PM
Ah, poor Richie. Looked like he was finally making a place for himself in the starting line-up too.
I'd been expecting Horan to give him a run at CF for some time and when he did get his chance against Roscommon, I thought he did quite well. His finishing was a bit off the mark but I'd put that down to over-anxiety.
I was hoping he gets another go at it in the final but that seems unlikely now.
Holy fiddlesticks: will Mayo's run of injuries ever come to and end?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Meanwhile over on mayogaablog, I believe Donie Vaughan is another casualty. But I also see it might not be serious.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.