Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

So are you saying it is a possibility that they have even more money that they are not declaring? What could possibly be the reason for not declaring money raised? Could it be that they don't want people finding out what they spend some money on? Apologies if I am naive.

Syferus

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on December 20, 2017, 11:13:20 PM
So are you saying it is a possibility that they have even more money that they are not declaring? What could possibly be the reason for not declaring money raised? Could it be that they don't want people finding out what they spend some money on? Apologies if I am naive.

Most counties' reported accounts are a crock of shît and use all sorts of insane tricks to make them appear as they wish them to. We reported a surplus this year, for example, but we also got an advance on grant money due next year that totally sckews the figures.

It suits Dublin very well to under-report what they've fundraised.

caprea

It might skew the figures but it's not a fabrication syferus so not sure you've proved anything with the Roscommon example.

The fundraising figure in Dublin's accounts should be followed up on by the national press as it doesn't make much sense.

Rossfan

"National press"
They're all Dublin fanzines FFS!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheGreatest

Hilarious reading the reply's. Rename the thread to the crying game.

One point though, perhaps Dublin don't need to fundraise due to other income streams........... Most logical explanation.

Again, reminder, EIR Sport on Christmas eve, Dublins say, enjoy gentlemen. 

AZOffaly

Quote from: TheGreatest on December 21, 2017, 12:57:39 PM

One point though, perhaps Dublin don't need to fundraise due to other income streams........... Most logical explanation.

Aye, including the 1.3 million they receive from the GAA directly. Fair play to them :)

From the Bunker

Of course they don't have to fund raise. Sure ye have access to the GOLDEN GOOSES to lay the golden eggs.

Anyway, you have gone all quiet, with no reply's to Cork and Mayo spending more on preparation of their respective  teams?

As for Eir Sport! Don't have it and I've better thing to be doing on Christmas eve.

mup

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 21, 2017, 02:29:27 PM

Of course they don't have to fund raise. Sure ye have access to the GOLDEN GOOSES to lay the golden eggs.

Anyway, you have gone all quiet, with no reply's to Cork and Mayo spending more on preparation of their respective  teams?

As for Eir Sport! Don't have it and I've better thing to be doing on Christmas eve.

Don't expect an answer to that anytime soon.

I queried his McGeeney assertion and he disappeared for weeks. Then he claimed he never saw my question. But Anton down the pub can back up his claims.

blast05

All i want is to see a link to the published Dublin accounts.
Here is the latest Mayo one (page 7 showing the best summary)... http://sportlomo-userupload.s3.amazonaws.com/uploaded/galleries/21_uploaded/e72a9d45499535c4e5e22e637a12d314e9330af0.pdf

Why do Dublin not publish there's? Or if they do, then i'd be much  obliged if you could add the link to this discussion thread

OgraAnDun

Quote from: blast05 on December 22, 2017, 08:49:35 PM

Here is the latest Mayo one (page 7 showing the best summary)... http://sportlomo-userupload.s3.amazonaws.com/uploaded/galleries/21_uploaded/e72a9d45499535c4e5e22e637a12d314e9330af0.pdf

Why do Dublin not publish there's? Or if they do, then i'd be much  obliged if you could add the link to this discussion thread

http://www.stsylvesters.ie/files/dublin-county-board-accounts-2016/view

There's 2016 for you.

caprea

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 22, 2017, 11:41:45 PM
Quote from: blast05 on December 22, 2017, 08:49:35 PM

http://www.stsylvesters.ie/files/dublin-county-board-accounts-2016/view

There's 2016 for you.

Well they're consistent about not doing much fundraising anyway, it's a good thing most in the GAA have been a little more proactive historically or Gaelic games never would have got off the ground at all.

I believe it might be different at Dublin club level though in fairness but incredible to see how lazy the county board have been with fundraising.

Rossfan

Sure they don't have to.
Free use of a National Stadium, buckets of money from Central GAA, multi National sponsorship, players live no more than a €5 bus/tram/train ride away.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on December 23, 2017, 10:49:08 AM
Sure they don't have to.
Free use of a National Stadium, buckets of money from Central GAA, multi National sponsorship, players live no more than a €5 bus/tram/train ride away.....
They needn't spend a fiver. They can all drive there in a top of the range 172 Subaru, supplied free of charge by a "Partner."
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

Ah, sure that's the way it's gone! The anomalies, grow and grow! Most of the top referees live and work in Dublin. Most of the people who work in Croke Park doing administration are Dubs. The administrators for most grant schemes are Dubs. The national Medias are based in Dublin. We are stuck with this because Dublin is the only economically promoted center in Ireland.

caprea

So to spell out the figures from the reports published here.

Dublin from 2015 to 2017 fundraised 161k
Mayo for just 2016 and 2017 earned 1.761 million in fundraised.

It is hard to avoid the conclusion that the Dublin county board are extremely lazy when it comes to increasing revenue and rely on handouts from the GAA and easy money that no other county could access from their commercial partners.