Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: under the bar on September 01, 2013, 07:25:45 PM
Never heard the likes.  Scousers having the usual premature ejaculation after their 1 win in 8 against United.    So 3 games in those of you who know more that SAF will replace Moyes with who exactly??

Well, I've always thought the next manager after Moyes will be Ferguson, as caretaker. I honestly would not be surprised if Moyes was out before the end of this season.

EC Unique

Thank God I went to croke park today to watch Tyrone minors win and then see a hell of a senior game. Seen MOTD there and the Liverpool game looked like a bore fest. Both teams look average at best.

rodney trotter

Moyes would want to do some business tomorrow. Article from the guardian about the game http://t.co/wRkns1Id0O

AZOffaly

Ronaldo must be coming to United surely? I can't see United being happy with that team's structure or development. That midfield creativity or divilment is just not there with the likes of Valencia, Carrick, Cleverly and Giggs. I'm usually the most nervous and pessimistic lad watching Liverpool, especially when they sit deep, but other than a sense of foreboding that LFC were inviting United on and something crazy would happen, I wasn't actually scared of any of the United Midfield yesterday, they looked slow on the ball, not the usual zip when they attacked. If RVP didn't pull something out of the bag I didn't see United scoring, even though I couldn't see Liverpool holding on without a disaster either! (Self contradictory I know). I don't think Felani will be the answer to that either.

What's the story with Kagawa? I know Rooney was a miss, but Kagawa would have been buzzing around the place and probably created something.

Those two performances (Chelsea and Liverpool) were strange Man United performances.

AZOffaly

United are seemingly trying to hikack Ozil to Arsenal... This will be a test of Arsenal's commitment to spend.

screenexile

United are playing reasonably well in defence and with RVP they have it up front but their midfield is incapable of producing anything like a good cross or an incisive final pass.

Having watched Kagawa in the confederations Cup you have to wonder what he needs to do to oust Cleverly from the team. A distinctly average footballer!! Ryan Giggs is way past his best also and Carrick is a decent holding midfielder. Nothing special there at all. United need to hold on to Rooney and make sure he does his job otherwise they're heading for mediocrity... not that I'll be sad about it :)

Minder

Maybe Moyes has been following @evilkagawa
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

blewuporstuffed

36m euro for Herrera from Athletico Bilbao.
Looks like it is getting close to being done.
Dont know much about him to be honest, but i would imagine he will be an upgrade on the midfielders they have anyway
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

johnneycool

Quote from: BennyCake on September 01, 2013, 04:19:43 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 01, 2013, 04:15:18 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 01, 2013, 04:12:30 PM
No goals in 3 hours. United are starting to look like Everton last season. If things continue like this, Moyes will be under pressure by Christmas.

I'm on the record as saying he's a 2nd rate manager.

I have to agree. A team like Everton is his level. I gave him two seasons at United, maximum. It could be a lot shorter.

Moyes has inherited an aging squad (who need invigorated) and a team of average joes in Cleverly, Young, Nani, Anderson, etc, etc.

Fergusons greatest achievement was to win an EPL with that bunch, but he was helped with City and Chelsea imploding at the same time.

EC Unique

Herrera, Baines and Fellaini all looking likely at this stage. Would not be so bad..

screenexile

Quote from: EC Unique on September 02, 2013, 04:17:11 PM
Herrera, Baines and Fellaini all looking likely at this stage. Would not be so bad..

It would be brilliant!!! Mediocrity here we come . . .

EC Unique

Quote from: screenexile on September 02, 2013, 04:19:17 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 02, 2013, 04:17:11 PM

It would be brilliant!!! Mediocrity here we come . . .

Do you have any idea about Herrera? He is far from mediocre. The other 2 don't set the world alight but will improve on what Utd have.

Minder

How many have seen Herrara play ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mb80b60

Quote from: johnneycool on September 02, 2013, 04:11:33 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 01, 2013, 04:19:43 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 01, 2013, 04:15:18 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 01, 2013, 04:12:30 PM
No goals in 3 hours. United are starting to look like Everton last season. If things continue like this, Moyes will be under pressure by Christmas.

I'm on the record as saying he's a 2nd rate manager.

I have to agree. A team like Everton is his level. I gave him two seasons at United, maximum. It could be a lot shorter.

Moyes has inherited an aging squad (who need invigorated) and a team of average joes in Cleverly, Young, Nani, Anderson, etc, etc.

Fergusons greatest achievement was to win an EPL with that bunch, but he was helped with City and Chelsea imploding at the same time.

Really?

De Gea, Rafael, Fabio, Buttner, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Cleverly, Anderson, Powell, Welbeck, Zaha, Janujaz, Hernandez all under 25 and most of those are sniffing around the matchday squads.

I wouldn't think their average starting XI age is any older than many other teams, even with Giggs in it.

rodney trotter

Herrara was very good 2 years ago, in La Liga and in the Europa League. Stood out against Utd, for Bilbao. He was very average last season though. Ozil would have been an ideal signing.