China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yes. Long COVID is a post viral thing like ME. (Which, I think, is from flu though am far from an expert on any of this :D)

J70

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 24, 2021, 08:32:23 PM
Got my normal flu jab yesterday like I done so past 10 or 12 yrs, Flu changes every Yr hence the need to get one. Don't c why people are surprised u need a booster each Yr, as covid a stronger more continuous form of the flu strain

I got the flu jab and the covid booster at the same time over the weekend. One each shoulder.

I would expect I'll be back in the spring for another covid booster, just like I'll get another flu jab next autumn.

It cost me about half an hour out of my day and little else.

Yet they're screaming like these mandates are the end of the f**king world. Bunch of babies have no idea what actual hardship and persecution are.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2021, 03:13:34 PM
Got my normal flu jab yesterday like I done so past 10 or 12 yrs, Flu changes every Yr hence the need to get one. Don't c why people are surprised u need a booster each Yr, as covid a stronger more continuous form of the flu strain

I got the flu jab and the covid booster at the same time over the weekend. One each shoulder.

I would expect I'll be back in the spring for another covid booster, just like I'll get another flu jab next autumn.

Yet they're screaming like these mandates are the end of the f**king world. Bunch of babies have no idea what actual hardship and persecution are.
keith olbermann would be proud of you .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on October 25, 2021, 03:54:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2021, 03:13:34 PM

keith olbermann would be proud of you .

I've no idea if he would or not.

Haven't heard a peep out of him in about 15 years since he used to be hammering Bush and O'Reilly every night on MSNBC.

But, if he's like most normal people, who aren't full of dumb entitlement and bogus persecution complexes, he probably accepts covid boosters are a fairly routine, non-controversial response to a public health crisis.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 24, 2021, 08:52:49 PM
Yes. Long COVID is a post viral thing like ME. (Which, I think, is from flu though am far from an expert on any of this :D)
Very little is currently known about it. It seems to attack loads of different body systems
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Me is the same though. Different people / different demographics get impacted. Long COVID is a bad bad job if you get it is all I know. Anyone who thinks it is made up should speak to a few people who have it.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 25, 2021, 07:00:35 PM
Me is the same though. Different people / different demographics get impacted. Long COVID is a bad bad job if you get it is all I know. Anyone who thinks it is made up should speak to a few people who have it.
I read somewhere that research into Long Covid may help medical understanding of ME. Some doctors think the immune system turns on itself.

imtommygunn

That would be good. A boy a few years younger than me at school got ME and tbh even through his senior career hurling and football wise he never fully seemed to recover from it. The long covid seems more prevalent but I suppose a) it's more topical and b) numbers of covid seem higher so more people will get it statistically speaking. Both by the sounds of it are horrible and impact far too many younger people.

seafoid

imtommygunn

A young girl in our work has been ruined by it at 21. It can last more than months.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 25, 2021, 09:41:50 PM
A young girl in our work has been ruined by it at 21. It can last more than months.
That sounds awful.
Health is so precious

sid waddell

The true face of the extreme right wing "anti-lockdown", anti-vaccine "movement", even though it refuses to show its face.

https://twitter.com/culladgh/status/1450103964876353538

imtommygunn

It's getting out of hand tbh. People need arrested for harassment.

BennyCake

Get a grip. If that was people confronting a politician for attending the NI centenary service,  collusion, women's rights etc, you'd be applauding them for confronting them head on. It's because it doesn't fit with your agenda, that you're calling for them to be arrested.

imtommygunn

Bullshit Benny. It's not just politicians. Have you see the hospital workers getting accosted and the legal writs going round to places mandating masks?