Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Spiritof86 on August 30, 2022, 05:47:30 PM
Dictionary Derek back in the running for Laois job apparently.
dictionary? is this meant to be funny?

Spiritof86

Willie Maher looks to be in pole position to take over the senior job . Excellent appointment if this materialises .

clonadmad

Quote from: Laois man on August 30, 2022, 06:16:37 PM
Wille Maher from tipp in line i hear he would be a good appointment. Was with tipp minors and U21s and trained C uala   in Dublin to a club All ireland

Was that not Mattie Kenny?

Spiritof86

Yeah correct . He didn't train them to All Ireland success . He brought Cuala to Dublin SHC titles in 2019 and '20 having been a coach to Dublin's minorsin the late 2000s.

Zooming around

William Maher will be a great appointment.

Keyser Söze

This has worked out better than it looked like it was going to (if true!).

Local involvement will be interesting to watch.
There are a few individuals of an age profile, ability and experience level  where involvement in a good set up could pay rich dividends for years to come.
They would have to be trusted and listened to of course for this to happen.
At times in the past there has been token involvement.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Blow-in

How true or close is this to happening?

What Laois coaches would we like to see involved? Remember Cheddar had no Laois coaches/selectors, so there must be a number of good people involved. Large number of players seemingly already seem to be making themselves unavailable for selection before any manager is appointed. This is a vital appointment for Laois hurling.

Laois man

Who are making themselves unavailable??

burdizzo

A number of the senior players who've been at it 8 - 10 years.

Laois man

Is that coming from the players themselves or just talk?

burdizzo

Ah, just sideline talk, I must admit. However, according to it, Paddy Purcell, Cha Dwyer, Sean Downey, Eric Killeen all thinking of pulling the plug. Could be horseshit, but then again...

Robbo

Quote from: Batman!!! on August 31, 2022, 08:27:13 PM
What Laois coaches would we like to see involved?

Tommy Fitz first call should be made.

Lots of other options. Off top of my head:
Butch stapleton, ariene delaney, johno sullivan, seanus dwyer, jackman, damien Walsh, enda Lyons, tadhg doran, andrew kavnagh.

Nedd laois men involved as part of backroom team.
Try get someone from 3/4 strong clubs maybe

mcwregor

I think players might/should look at this year as a good opportunity. If we have a good set up and good commitment I think we will win the Joe Mc. That should be enough to entice lads in. With things going well then a shot at one of the big guns in a preliminary quarter final would be on the cards. There should be a good few additions of new young players this year hopefully with the likes of James Duggan and Mossy keyes being exciting talents. Being down the likes of cha and paddy would be detrimental.

Spiritof1915

Quote from: burdizzo on August 31, 2022, 10:11:41 PM
Ah, just sideline talk, I must admit. However, according to it, Paddy Purcell, Cha Dwyer, Sean Downey, Eric Killeen all thinking of pulling the plug. Could be horseshit, but then again...
Sean Downey and cha dwyer going travelling for a year at least.
Massive losses

Helix.

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on September 01, 2022, 08:54:45 AM
Quote from: burdizzo on August 31, 2022, 10:11:41 PM
Sean Downey and cha dwyer going travelling for a year at least.
Massive losses

Ben Conroy gone also. To be expected after COVID-19 life is too short. More power to them on their future travels.