Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

gaelfast is making a diffference in primary schools but what happens when they go to secondary - just leave it to the teachers like now?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 02, 2022, 01:42:26 PM
gaelfast is making a diffference in primary schools but what happens when they go to secondary - just leave it to the teachers like now?

South West schools be mostly fine .....take the road over the Bann and head towards Maghera or Magherafelt.....
Easy to spot a kids on under age activity who have gone there....

Despite the comments of one individual in particular

Saffsof82

Gaelfast bosses  in our school a couple weeks back with plans to start an Antrim secondary schools league and championship which we signed up to, to run alongside Ulster schools but only for Antrim schools, starting in September, hurling and football.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Saffsof82 on May 02, 2022, 02:14:30 PM

Gaelfast bosses  in our school a couple weeks back with plans to start an Antrim secondary schools league and championship which we signed up to, to run alongside Ulster schools but only for Antrim schools, starting in September, hurling and football.

Now that is a good idea

City Dweller

Only Antrim Schools?  So Aquinas, St Josephs and OLASP don't get to play?  Surely should be called Gaelantrim then?

Saffsof82

Quote from: City Dweller on May 02, 2022, 03:37:15 PM

Excellent idea , fair play 👍

Only Antrim Schools?  So Aquinas, St Josephs and OLASP don't get to play?  Surely should be called Gaelantrim then?

EOC1923

That was a fair trimming Louth took from Kildare. 16 point defeat from what is now a fellow division 2 team.

imtommygunn

Yeah I was looking at that too - just shows you the gap. As does the Cavan game really. That will be a significant blow for them.

Saffsof82

Louth were a good bit better than us that dayin the league, scoreline flattered us tbh, then to see them put to the sword like that by Kildare is scary in terms of the reality of where we are at.

imtommygunn

Yeah and it must be some jolt for them too for I think they were the best in division 3 though Limerick had a good result. Wicklow had manners put in them too.

So only Fermanagh and Limerick with any kind of results against teams above division 3 and then Tyrone didn't look exceptional either.

(I know Cavan are in division 4 but they should really be in 2).

Saffrongael

So has Anto McCaffery from St Galls gone from Gaelfast ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Tyrdub on May 02, 2022, 02:18:11 PM

Now that is a good idea
That sounds good to me  :) good initiative

barnish oggie

I really hope they start that up, and soon.

Did they happen to say what schools had committed to it?

Or are they just making their way around them now trying to get a buy in?

My son is in Year 10 at St Louis and when they got knocked out of the cup they were in (Loch an Iuir i think), that was it, no training, no challenge matches, nothing.

Just season over. Which was very disappointing and not the right attitude in my eyes.

bannside

Any initiatives that increase the activity level is a welcome development. Maybe this is one that can grow legs in the next year or two with adequate financial support.

Another round of league fixtures tonight - a few short odds and a couple of interesting ones.

Big week for county minors, home to Tyrone on Saturday night. Will head up to that, on the back of their superb performance last day they have fully earned and deserve our support.

Lár na páirce 1

Ports and Lamhs should be a tasty affair