Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

I do not know which pope decreed all referees as infallible surely did not mean all those residing in our wee county.....??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 28, 2022, 09:29:15 PM
I do not know which pope decreed all referees as infallible surely did not mean all those residing in our wee county.....??

Who said that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 28, 2022, 09:01:19 PM
MR2, TNN are complete saints sure.

Never said they were.....but by not punishing a player for two punches thrown early on in the game, then the ref allows the game to get out of hand because all players on the pitch see that if one player can get away with it why cant they.

Maybe i am wrong but is striking not a straight red card?

To do it twice right in front of the ref surely merits a red and then the players know to cut out the nonsense.

EOC1923

Quote from: barnish oggie on April 29, 2022, 09:00:21 AM

Never said they were.....but by not punishing a player for two punches thrown early on in the game, then the ref allows the game to get out of hand because all players on the pitch see that if one player can get away with it why cant they.

To do it twice right in front of the ref surely merits a red and then the players know to cut out the nonsense.
Would like to think striking was red card

Would ye whist

I do not doubt your version of events Barnish, however one part I am struggling with is that someone as cowardly as Lynch would have the b*lls to strike someone twice

Saffsof82

Quote from: Would ye whist on April 29, 2022, 10:01:38 AM
I do not doubt your version of events Barnish, however one part I am struggling with is that someone as cowardly as Lynch would have the b*lls to strike someone twice

Bit harsh

barnish oggie

Quote from: Would ye whist on April 29, 2022, 10:01:38 AM

Well he hit 2 different players so maybe he was in a bad mood!!

And continued with off the ball incidents a few times afterwards which, even though he was on a yellow, went unpunished.

But not to dwell on that side of things anymore, it was a tense game to watch and other than Ryan Murray coming on to show his class, it was good to see us being a match for LD, especially considering we were easily 6 players down from the starting lineup that won the intermediate last year.

Although I appreciate that it is the league and LD come Championship time may be a different animal.

Milltown Row2

Did he book him for striking the first time? or did he see it the way you seen it? I wasn't there so can't actually comment on that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

toby47

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2022, 11:22:07 AM

Did he book him for striking the first time? or did he see it the way you seen it? I wasn't there so can't actually comment on that

Fair point, you can strike as many times as you want if the referee doesn't see it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: toby47 on April 29, 2022, 11:24:19 AM

Fair point, you can strike as many times as you want if the referee doesn't see it

You can't un-see a punch in the bake, if lads are wrestling on the ground its get up and yellow card them and move on, if they are standing toe to toe boxing style then off they go, what makes a player run in and 'try and separate' two players? let them at it, they'll get dealt with, the buck eejits running in cause more hassle and it escalates later also

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2022, 11:33:10 AM
Quote from: toby47 on April 29, 2022, 11:24:19 AM

You can't un-see a punch in the bake, if lads are wrestling on the ground its get up and yellow card them and move on, if they are standing toe to toe boxing style then off they go, what makes a player run in and 'try and separate' two players? let them at it, they'll get dealt with, the buck eejits running in cause more hassle and it escalates later also

Here Here!!!!! Let them at it!!!

Spike

For those theatrical Antrim supporters with short memories - Games won in the Ulster championship in the last decade (2012-now)

Donegal 28
Monaghan 16
Tyrone 12
Cavan 9
Down 7
Armagh 4
Fermanagh 4
Derry 1
Antrim 1

Courtesy of Cahair O'Kane.

When does Gaelfast kick in?  :D

imtommygunn

Donegal have won 16 more than Tyrone is the biggest shock to me!

Milltown Row2

Think we'll have to look at the Derry and Armagh schools to help us get further up that table  ;)

Spike

fortunately, or unfortunately for derry schools, they are helping out too many non-derry club sides.  you could argue they have been unlucky with their championship draws.  Antrim however......