Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on April 28, 2022, 12:16:16 PM
Kickhams probably favourites for Championship at this stage, reports of a brawl last night at Tir na Nog v Lamh Dhearg, maybe CB chose wrong game to go to 👀
But am sure Anto was there....

Read match report....so reports wrong..?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 28, 2022, 12:20:06 PM
Kickhams probably favourites for Championship at this stage, reports of a brawl last night at Tir na Nog v Lamh Dhearg, maybe CB chose wrong game to go to 👀

Aldergrove Moneyglass got spicy towards the end goo
Ref had it all under control though !!

Boys just wanted to get to know each other better, swapping shirts and hugging, whispering sweet nothings into each others ears
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Just reading our report on the SG, whoever wrote it up must have been hoping for a draw lol.. has it down as 1-12 to 1-12  ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2022, 01:14:33 PM
Just reading our report on the SG, whoever wrote it up must have been hoping for a draw lol.. has it down as 1-12 to 1-12  ;D
Not good enough.....demand your money back.....

barnish oggie

Yes, it was rough the whole way through the game.

I think the ref was to blame though for letting it get out of hand.

Lynch should have went in the first half for two punches on different players but for some reason the ref didn't seem to want to send him off.......not sure why he would be treated differently than anyone else.....

Then it went on like that for the rest of the game.

TNN should have won, hit the post in last few mins of first half which would have put us 6 points ahead at the break but going down to 14 cost us.

The two tackles that got our man sent off were very soft (smallest player on the pitch and still in school so not exactly much impact in the tackles!), nowhere near like other tackles that went unpunished.

Even against 14 LD played 13 men behind the ball which i was surprised by.

You would think with their reputation as one of the top teams in the county they'd be coming up to us thinking it was an easy win.

Boiled over at the end as LD got awarded a few frees which Ryan Murray pointed to bring it to a draw. He had a big impact when he came on, think he got the last 4 points of the game.

Then when our keeper kicked it out, the ref blew the whistle which the LD players took issue with as they thought there should have been more than the 5 minutes injury time that was already played.

So a few shook hands, a couple went for the ref and the rest just piled in on each other!

Great stuff to watch!!

The SG might describe the game differently though  ;D

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 28, 2022, 05:47:22 PM

I see Dualtach Johnston is lining out for St Galls now too. Quite a surprise!

That lad played in the Galls v Cargin u20 game last year....
Good young player....

Lár na páirce 1

Lár na páirce 1

A right hardy buck he was too

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 28, 2022, 06:23:56 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on April 28, 2022, 06:11:59 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 28, 2022, 05:47:22 PM

I see Dualtach Johnston is lining out for St Galls now too. Quite a surprise!

That lad played in the Galls v Cargin u20 game last year....
Good young player....

Nope. That would definitely be Dubhaltach Wilson.

Dualtach Johnston is an entirely different player, from a different generation, and much closer to home for you. I believe.
My mistake poor translation....Mac Liam mixed up with Mac Sean.....

Lár na páirce 1

Everyone can make a mistake even the top Antrim Refs

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on April 28, 2022, 06:42:36 PM
Everyone can make a mistake even the top Antrim Refs

Between writing the scores down wrong on SG and getting names mixed up I'm worried

paddyjohn

We all make mistakes. Some more costly than others

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 28, 2022, 08:27:55 PM
We all make mistakes. Some more costly than others

Good to see people understand that and move on

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on April 28, 2022, 05:41:55 PM

Yes, it was rough the whole way through the game.

I think the ref was to blame though for letting it get out of hand.

Lynch should have went in the first half for two punches on different players but for some reason the ref didn't seem to want to send him off.......not sure why he would be treated differently than anyone else.....

Then it went on like that for the rest of the game.

TNN should have won, hit the post in last few mins of first half which would have put us 6 points ahead at the break but going down to 14 cost us.

The two tackles that got our man sent off were very soft (smallest player on the pitch and still in school so not exactly much impact in the tackles!), nowhere near like other tackles that went unpunished.

Even against 14 LD played 13 men behind the ball which i was surprised by.

You would think with their reputation as one of the top teams in the county they'd be coming up to us thinking it was an easy win.

Boiled over at the end as LD got awarded a few frees which Ryan Murray pointed to bring it to a draw. He had a big impact when he came on, think he got the last 4 points of the game.

Then when our keeper kicked it out, the ref blew the whistle which the LD players took issue with as they thought there should have been more than the 5 minutes injury time that was already played.

So a few shook hands, a couple went for the ref and the rest just piled in on each other!

Great stuff to watch!!

The SG might describe the game differently though  ;D

So he instigated it by not booking someone earlier? Or maybe players will just box the head off themselves because they want to?

Players take things way too personal in football, looking for 'revenge' or ganching at each other,  or yehooing a score or a wide

Play football and don't get involved, 2 senior hurling games done already and not one bitta hassle, I've had two free for alls in football plenty yellows also.

paddyjohn

MR2, TNN are complete saints sure.