Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Antrim on May 04, 2022, 04:48:53 PM
So-called ref accused him of using foul and abusive language towards him. I was there. I didn't hear it.

And neither would you unless you were within 5/10 metres of it.

Don't let it get to you, move on and tell your young lad not to speak to the referee, any referee, just set the ball down and get back into position.

There's only one winner when players start the verbals with a referee and that's the man with the whistle.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 05, 2022, 08:21:52 AM
So-called ref accused him of using foul and abusive language towards him. I was there. I didn't hear it.

Don't let it get to you, move on and tell your young lad not to speak to the referee, any referee, just set the ball down and get back into position.

There's only one winner when players start the verbals with a referee and that's the man with the whistle.

Follow that advice on Sunday please  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 05, 2022, 09:14:53 AM

I'll not be playing so I'm OK to hurl dogs abuse at you.    ;)

Sure call in for a cup of Tae, boiling water from the pot as you'd be a visitor and then a trip to Mass for devotions (is that still a thing?)

Tyrdub

Quote from: johnnycool on May 05, 2022, 09:23:42 AM

Sure call in for a cup of Tae, boiling water from the pot as you'd be a visitor and then a trip to Mass for devotions (is that still a thing?)

Feck that, didnt offer me tea on Sunday past!!!!

I might be built like an elephant but I've the memory of one too!!

johnnycool

Quote from: Tyrdub on May 05, 2022, 11:20:20 AM

That was down in Ballycran, not my home patch, get yer own tea down there, plus you're probably a "latte drinking pan nationalist"...

Tyrdub

Quote from: johnnycool on May 07, 2022, 01:02:34 PM

That was down in Ballycran, not my home patch, get yer own tea down there, plus you're probably a "latte drinking pan nationalist"...

Capuccino

johnnycool

Quote from: Tyrdub on May 08, 2022, 03:00:27 PM

Capuccino

MR2 didn't get any tae either but I thought about offering my hat, some shine off his dome...
Big Maskey the difference, beat by 2 in the end, weren't helped by a stag party in Kilkenny but hey ho

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 08, 2022, 04:00:43 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on May 08, 2022, 03:00:27 PM

Capuccino

MR2 didn't get any tae either but I thought about offering my hat, some shine off his dome...
Big Maskey the difference, beat by 2 in the end, weren't helped by a stag party in Kilkenny but hey ho

Maskey was pretty decent in an unusual position for him.. I'd the sun screen on so all good  ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

podge

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 09, 2022, 11:37:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-FG7JtoqA0

Sambo

Makes a lot of valid points.  But if geography was the main issue why, as he points out, have the Laois, Kerry, westmeaths etc of this world not
Improved ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: podge on May 09, 2022, 09:26:24 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 09, 2022, 11:37:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-FG7JtoqA0

Sambo

Makes a lot of valid points.  But if geography was the main issue why, as he points out, have the Laois, Kerry, westmeaths etc of this world not
Improved ?

They have massively improved from where they were in the mid 80's and 90's they have overtook Antrim at times over those years, Dublin were poor for many years also and now are just below that top grouping and manage to stay in touch with the best...

imtommygunn

I don't think Laois have improved massively in that time and I wouldn't be so sure on Westmeath either though maybe they have a bit. We were challenging for all Ireland final places in those days and are far from it now so I don't think it's a case of them overtaking us either.

Dublin is huge and money a big factor too. Kerry maybe have improved but have been given us a rattle for twenty odd years. It used to be Shane brick tortured us now it's Shane Conway.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 09, 2022, 10:06:48 PM
I don't think Laois have improved massively in that time and I wouldn't be so sure on Westmeath either though maybe they have a bit. We were challenging for all Ireland final places in those days and are far from it now so I don't think it's a case of them overtaking us either.

Dublin is huge and money a big factor too. Kerry maybe have improved but have been given us a rattle for twenty odd years. It used to be Shane brick tortured us now it's Shane Conway.

In fairness only reason Antrim were challenging in semifinals  was that there were almost in the semi-final every year so it's a bit of a false narrative.

After the competition was changed, Antrim's real level was the Joe Mc Donagh.

Milltown Row2

But Westmeath and Laois are above us, Kerry we're beating us handy up to recently, considering these counties would be football first traditionally I'd say they have been able to maintain and grow, Laois minors had a great win at weekend, we didn't v Offaly

ned

Quote from: marty34 on May 09, 2022, 10:28:40 PM

In fairness only reason Antrim were challenging in semifinals  was that there were almost in the semi-final every year so it's a bit of a false narrative.

After the competition was changed, Antrim's real level was the Joe Mc Donagh.

Not entirely true. Obviously Antrim had a mostly easy route into the semis for a while. They had to work up to that right. It wasn't long before, that that "golden generation" were playing junior competition. It was a coalescing of a very good talent pool. Antrim probably should have made one more AI final if not 2 around that time. Lack of experience, not talent, was the main downfall.