Author Topic: Keoghan should walk!  (Read 27349 times)

cavan4sam

• View Profile
Re: Keoghan should walk!
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 02:14:02 PM »
Jesus ;ads if this is right, why was this not highlighted BEFORE he got the job ??????

it was, everbody in the county knew it but the powers that be in cavan football opted for the cheap option as he said he would do the job for nothing and still give his sponsorship.

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »
Jesus ;ads if this is right, why was this not highlighted BEFORE he got the job ??????

it was, everbody in the county knew it but the powers that be in cavan football opted for the cheap option as he said he would do the job for nothing and still give his sponsorship.

It sounds a wee bit like appointing Staunton to Republic job ( although just not as bad it would seem ) - Staunton has loads of money and was willing to the job for buttons basically and we all saw how that backfired !

IF Koeghan is doing as you say he is, then he shouldn't walk, he should be run out of the place, along with the suits who put him in there !

Hollow Man

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 02:37:27 PM »
I know you're new to the board but this allegation is outrageous and I think you should consider them more carefully before pursuing them.

This is a fact.

IT'S ALSO JUST THE TIP OF THE ICE BERG,AS SOMEONE HAS ALREADY NOTED. YOU COULDN'T START LISTING THE OTHER STUFF ON A FORUM LIKE THIS...

On the purely football front, he hasn't a clue. He dropped Finbar Reilly, Eddie Reilly and Michael Brides (regulars on starting team in '05) from the panel altogether when he took over in 06. He started Martin Cahill, Paul Brady and Eamon Reilly in defence in every match bar one in the whole of 06, yet has decided the three of them aren't even good enough for the panel this year, and guess what, the three regulars from 05 that he dropped in 06 are back in the starting 15 this year!

He also said in the national press that Johnston would never play for Cavan again under him - whoops...

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 02:43:48 PM »
I know you're new to the board but this allegation is outrageous and I think you should consider them more carefully before pursuing them.

This is a fact.

IT'S ALSO JUST THE TIP OF THE ICE BERG,AS SOMEONE HAS ALREADY NOTED. YOU COULDN'T START LISTING THE OTHER STUFF ON A FORUM LIKE THIS...

On the purely football front, he hasn't a clue. He dropped Finbar Reilly, Eddie Reilly and Michael Brides (regulars on starting team in '05) from the panel altogether when he took over in 06. He started Martin Cahill, Paul Brady and Eamon Reilly in defence in every match bar one in the whole of 06, yet has decided the three of them aren't even good enough for the panel this year, and guess what, the three regulars from 05 that he dropped in 06 are back in the starting 15 this year!

He also said in the national press that Johnston would never play for Cavan again under him - whoops...

Ok ok - rename the thread - Keoghan should be run out if it !!!  :D ;D ;D

GaillimhIarthair

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 02:59:46 PM »
If all this is true, and it seems to be, well then the cavan county board would want to fcuk this fella out on his head before he destroys whatever talent is currently available in the county, regardless how much money he pumps into local football.  This type of shite should not even be happening at a junior club never mind senior intercounty in this day and age.  Show him the road........................................

Mr. Pain

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »
Mr. Pain is not happy. Keogan spoke about defying his critics after the Cork game. Let Mr. Pain remind you all that Cork were missing the Nemo boys and were only training for two weeks before this. Big achievement! Cork had a couple more lads back for the Monaghan game aswell as more training done although Mr. Pain is still surprised by the Cork win. Monaghan are a good team and Cork are not settled yet. Keogan tried to almost call the league a success after this rare win and, of course, declared he nor his team deserved the flak from supporters. Mr. Pain agrees to an extent, he would not critisese any player but sympathise with them for playing under such a buffoon.

Word on the street is that Div.2 will not be determined by points difference due to the Cork fiasco. It is the same with the group that Cork hurlers are in. If Cork and Dublin beat Armagh and Cavan beat Roscommon there will be a relegation playoff between Cavan and Armagh.

That being said, it is still a sad year for Cavan and an idiot manager who (as discussed by Hollow Man) burns bridges and then tries to rebuild them. Oh by the way a Larry Reilly return is on the cards. Watch this space. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

Thastheball

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2008, 03:09:14 PM »
As said before Liam Mc Cabe and the retired treasurer were the main administrators in getting Keogan into the post. Now all we need is a fat Larry to brighten up our days. remember the photo in the paper a two yrs ago, and that was him training all season. Another step backwards. All invovled in Keogans appointment should be hunted

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2008, 03:13:40 PM »
As said before Liam Mc Cabe and the retired treasurer were the main administrators in getting Keogan into the post. Now all we need is a fat Larry to brighten up our days. remember the photo in the paper a two yrs ago, and that was him training all season. Another step backwards. All invovled in Keogans appointment should be hunted

Definitely ! Hunt the lot of them !

mylestheslasher

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »
Mr. Pain is not happy. Keogan spoke about defying his critics after the Cork game. Let Mr. Pain remind you all that Cork were missing the Nemo boys and were only training for two weeks before this. Big achievement! Cork had a couple more lads back for the Monaghan game aswell as more training done although Mr. Pain is still surprised by the Cork win. Monaghan are a good team and Cork are not settled yet. Keogan tried to almost call the league a success after this rare win and, of course, declared he nor his team deserved the flak from supporters. Mr. Pain agrees to an extent, he would not critisese any player but sympathise with them for playing under such a buffoon.

Word on the street is that Div.2 will not be determined by points difference due to the Cork fiasco. It is the same with the group that Cork hurlers are in. If Cork and Dublin beat Armagh and Cavan beat Roscommon there will be a relegation playoff between Cavan and Armagh.

That being said, it is still a sad year for Cavan and an idiot manager who (as discussed by Hollow Man) burns bridges and then tries to rebuild them. Oh by the way a Larry Reilly return is on the cards. Watch this space. Rant over!

Mr Pain -  I believe that you are wrong there (although i hope you are right). I think only drawing level with Cork, Dublin or Meath would result in a play off since the score difference of each of these teams were affected by the strike. Armagh did not gain anything and will have played all teams by the end of the league. Thatstheball is also right about the accountability of the county board to this mess, unfortunately I don't see anyone in there that would radically shake it up. Seems that young dynamic type people don't get put forward for the county board or are unwilling to go forward.

Mr. Pain

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 03:20:09 PM »
Mr. Pain agrees. They should be hung from the top of a goalpost by their (pre-speckled with bird seed) balls and left to pay for their idiocy. Well, Mr. Pain is kinda old school. It does seem lately that Larry would sooner run towards the buffet than the goals but he is on good form at club and has big-match experience. Mr. Pain is neither gonna agree or disagree with Keogan on this one and, if true, see how it pans out.

Mr Pain -  I believe that you are wrong there (although i hope you are right). I think only drawing level with Cork, Dublin or Meath would result in a play off since the score difference of each of these teams were affected by the strike.

Lies make baby Jesus cry and thats the last thing Mr. Pain wants. If he has received false information then you can be sure the informant will be hunted down and severely beaten. That is all. Rant over!

Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 03:41:06 PM »
thing is, no matter how bad keoghan is (and anyone with exp of the Cavan scene predicted it)
the malaise of drink and ill discipline is there for a long time, as long as I can rem
its a long list of lads that include Tobar connolly and runs right up to the current squad of lads that are making connolly look like a pioneer at times!

youse forgot about the keoghan v gaynor fiasco too! (dropping one of the best CHB in the country)

cavan4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2008, 03:47:57 PM »
thing is, no matter how bad keoghan is (and anyone with exp of the Cavan scene predicted it)
the malaise of drink and ill discipline is there for a long time, as long as I can rem
its a long list of lads that include Tobar connolly and runs right up to the current squad of lads that are making connolly look like a pioneer at times!

youse forgot about the keoghan v gaynor fiasco too! (dropping one of the best CHB in the country)

We have good young players who now associate playing with the County with drinking after games and in the lead up to games.  I afraid alot of damage has been done durning keoghans time.   I know we have had trouble in the past with players drinking but it was only a few but now the majority seem to be at it with the approval of the manager.

cavan4sam

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »
Yea but Gaynor is of no use to the county panel at the minute as he is suspended for half the year and this is the main reason why he wasn't brought into the panel, ill discipline. he is a great player when he is on the field, but it is no good having to play games with 14 men and thats what would happen a lot of the time with gaynor as he would get sent off. We played Ballinagh last year towards the end of the year and in an off the ball incident hit one of our players, totally unproved, just running past him and drew a box at him. if it was seen he would have been sent off no question.

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2008, 03:59:44 PM »
These players are pissing against the wind trying to succeed playing for Cavan the way things are going. Mr Keoghan has been in court more times than Al Capone on drink driving, assaulting garda, breaking licensing laws (these were all reported in the press before anyone starts talking about libel). I am not even going to go into the other stuff he does be at which is even worse.

Is this thread about Keoghan or Max Mosely ??  ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2008, 04:09:22 PM »
Yea but Gaynor is of no use to the county panel at the minute as he is suspended for half the year and this is the main reason why he wasn't brought into the panel, ill discipline. he is a great player when he is on the field, but it is no good having to play games with 14 men and thats what would happen a lot of the time with gaynor as he would get sent off. We played Ballinagh last year towards the end of the year and in an off the ball incident hit one of our players, totally unproved, just running past him and drew a box at him. if it was seen he would have been sent off no question.
its not this season that I am talking about - its last year. Anyhow I dont disagree about his discipline problems, but a good manager would get him sorted out - ok maybe not completely as its in the family apparantly , but to a point where you wouldnt see him booked every game or sent off every other game.
I'd try to sort him out ,hes a bloody great player.