Started by Jinxy, September 17, 2018, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your county, has it:

Significantly increased in recent years
Significantly decreased in recent years
It's about the same

Jinxy

Textbook manliness in that photo.
Yer man was clearly up to no good and Tommy's just letting him know the error of his ways.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Wildweasel74

Didn't show what Pat Roe done to get that reaction,

Therealdonald

Quote from: Jinxy on September 17, 2018, 11:09:17 PM
Textbook manliness in that photo.
Yer man was clearly up to no good and Tommy's just letting him know the error of his ways.

Lol. That was funny Jinxy.

thejuice

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 17, 2018, 11:18:27 PM
Didn't show what Pat Roe done to get that reaction,

He's wearing a Laois jersey for starters. It's just just plain rude.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Laois were notoriously filthy in those days.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rudi

Whats the solution to the ugly scenes at the Edendork V Moy game?

Should both teams be expelled from this years Tyrone championship? This is completely unacceptable on a football field or do some people think its perfectly ok?

Armamike

Bit disappointed in Peter Canavan's reaction to it on Talk Sport yesterday.  Started off by basically saying Tyrone unfairly get the attention on these incidents.  Seemed a paranoid response and a bad attempt to deflect from a question on what he thought of the Cavanagh incident. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Jinxy

Didn't Peter get his jaw busted in the showers years ago?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on September 18, 2018, 10:38:58 AM
Didn't Peter get his jaw busted in the showers years ago?

Other way around. He allegedly busted a mans eye and jaw after this man had broken Pascals jaw during the game.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Armamike on September 18, 2018, 10:38:06 AM
Bit disappointed in Peter Canavan's reaction to it on Talk Sport yesterday.  Started off by basically saying Tyrone unfairly get the attention on these incidents.  Seemed a paranoid response and a bad attempt to deflect from a question on what he thought of the Cavanagh incident.

For me the problem is highlighted in Rudi's post above. He's listened to how this all has been reported and has it in his mind that there was ugly scenes in the Moy v Edendork game that warrants both teams kicked out. He seems to be of the opinion that there was a full scale brawl in that game and that both teams should be kicked out of the championship (The fact that there wasn't a brawl would tend to lean me towards the conclusion that incident was an accident) Like how does someone arrive at the view that a bad tackle by one player should result in both teams being kicked out? I'm not blaming Rudi here but somehow, in the way this has been reported an unfair picture has been painted of  that game in its entirety. Yes, there was sending offs and bad tackles but because a high profile player has been injured following on from a fight in a different game we have a scenario were every game is viewed through the lens of being "ugly". The Tyrone championship is one of the best in the country, 7 different winners in 7 years I think it was, the most competitive in the country where every team thinks they have a chance of progressing. Plus its do or die knock out after a summer sitting waiting for it to start. I'd recommend everyone who is hand wringing to go along and watch a game... you never know, you might just enjoy it.
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

outinfront

Were any of the red cards straight red cards?

JoG2

Quote from: outinfront on September 18, 2018, 11:02:57 AM
Were any of the red cards straight red cards?

I believe PC said none were straight reds on The Last word last night. They also said the Irish News reported* it wasn't a particularly dirty game.

* haven't read it myself

haranguerer

Quote from: trileacman on September 17, 2018, 02:50:59 PM
A lot of you lads want to have your cake and eat it too. Ye can't advocate schmoozles, melee etc but not want anyone to get hurt. Woolly did a podcast lately where pillar, mugsy and Barry Cahill sat around with a crowd gleefully recalling the battle of Omagh. The videos of Paudi o Se, 12 apostles, mickey Ned and Mick Lyons throwing punches are repeated here almost monthly with a sort of misty eyed romanticism of the days when football was "manly".

You're  basically all for rows and boys throwing punches into space but dead against it as soon as someone gets hurt. That's like being in favour of drink driving as long as nobody dies or relaxing building codes so long as no building collapses.

Schemozzles- the GAA version of a victimless crime.

There's a problem with violence in the GAA because there's a romanticism about the "manly" days of GAA when refs existed solely to keep note of the score. You've to tackle this attitude at the source and that means less reverence of the old team "enforcer" or whole team brawls. I fully expect a week long supply of articles from the Brolly, Spillane l, o rourke brigade about how this didn't happen in their day and within a fortnight they'll be on the circuit regalling crowds with the story of mickey Ned raising the Sam Maguire from his hospital bed.

This is spot on