The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: trailer on February 21, 2018, 05:00:09 PM
Imagine having every little detail about your sexual encounter recounted in public. Sexual positions, semen, oral sex, vaginal sex, who was or wasn't there and your Mother and Father having to listen to it all. It being poured over on social media, the news everything. Both the accused and accuser. These guys are fucked whatever happens. What went on in that bedroom will hang over them till the day they die.

My heart quietly sinks a little further every time I see an attempt to draw a false equilevence between the lots of a rape victim and a rapist.

One deserves so much respect for their bravery in coming forward knowing full well what was in store, and will certainly get that respect from anyone who is worth associating with in the first place, while the other deserves every nasty jibe they get.

Ty4Sam

Imagine having every little detail about your sexual encounter recounted in public. Sexual positions, semen, oral sex, vaginal sex, who was or wasn't there and your Mother and Father having to listen to it all. It being poured over on social media, the news everything. Both the accused and accuser. These guys are fucked whatever happens. What went on in that bedroom will hang over them till the day they die.

As someone has said on here, details/identity of the complainant AND the accused should remain confidential until after the court case. I don't see any reason why this can't be the case? Most of the laws of court were established in a time when modern technology, social media especially, was not around. Every detail been reported, within seconds, of it been said in court is devastating for all involved and will hang over them forever.

Orior

Quote from: Ty4Sam on February 21, 2018, 05:14:59 PM

As someone has said on here, details/identity of the complainant AND the accused should remain confidential until after the court case. I don't see any reason why this can't be the case? Most of the laws of court were established in a time when modern technology, social media especially, was not around. Every detail been reported, within seconds, of it been said in court is devastating for all involved and will hang over them forever.

It seems that the blokes are assumed guilty until proven innocent, hence their identities are public. Does this prevent other potential offenders from following the same path?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

You would think so. I can't believe how public the details of this case are. It would have to put people off.

Orior

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 21, 2018, 06:41:41 PM
You would think so. I can't believe how public the details of this case are. It would have to put people off.

But we will still always make jokes are sex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XfqlbFvGN8

and even rape jokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bigZ1fmwD-Q

Still a classic after all these years.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

red hander

Quote from: Orior on February 21, 2018, 05:23:37 PM
Quote from: Ty4Sam on February 21, 2018, 05:14:59 PM

It seems that the blokes are assumed guilty until proven innocent, hence their identities are public. Does this prevent other potential offenders from following the same path?

Jackson initially had an injunction preventing reporting of the case after being charged. So much for open justice

HiMucker

Jesus Orior this is Fearonesque at this stage

Main Street

Quote from: Hound on February 21, 2018, 04:30:54 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 21, 2018, 04:22:10 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 21, 2018, 02:52:41 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 21, 2018, 02:48:56 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 21, 2018, 02:47:43 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 21, 2018, 02:46:37 PM
Did ye see the evidence from the defence Doctor about resistance?
That's not evidence!
That's just saying no resistance doesn't necessarily mean no rape.

You seem to be reading it as No Resistance = Rape!

You can't have a civilised conversation around here.
Seriously?
I thought you said this was crucial piece of evidence for the prosecution. Apologies if I misread

Given that you're the one completely fabricating stories today, you'll have up forgive anyone who gets a bit fed up with you when your fail to understand an opinion and then compound your own stupidity by incorrectly summarising said opinion.

I held hands up straight away, apologised, corrected what I said.

He said it was a "pretty important piece of evidence given by the defence doctor" and "to me, that's crucial".
Hound, you had exclaimed "That's not evidence!", which is pretty dumb considering the doctor was giving evidence. Of course it is evidence in this case, from someone who has vast experience in rape cases, to reply in answer to the question "whether most victims of sexual assault resist or allow it to happen.
she replied: "The evidence overwhelmingly is that it's allowed to happen."

Here you have evidence coming from an expert witness called by the defense, emphatically supporting the contention of the prosecution and the complainant. It might just happen to hand the prosecution some important morsels of clout when it comes to evaluating the evidence from the only witness to what happened in that room,  the "no sign of non-consensual sex" versus  "no signs of consent".

Milltown Row2

Hopefully this sort of case will reduce the amounts of casual one night stands, reduce the amount of parties at the end of the night when you should really head home! Cut out the mixed messages couples gave when they've had a few! STD's drop and fewer rape cases...

Then again I'm talking shit... I can't see how they will be convicted tbh (from fireside lawyer)

if you conducted a poll on here you'd find most people will not find them guilty on all areas, of course that's made up ftom the facts, half facts, interpretation of what was said or not, and people's personal views regardless of the facts!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2018, 07:35:18 PM
Hopefully this sort of case will reduce the amounts of casual one night stands, reduce the amount of parties at the end of the night when you should really head home! Cut out the mixed messages couples gave when they've had a few! STD's drop and fewer rape cases...

Then again I'm talking shit... I can't see how they will be convicted tbh (from fireside lawyer)

if you conducted a poll on here you'd find most people will not find them guilty on all areas, of course that's made up ftom the facts, half facts, interpretation of what was said or not, and people's personal views regardless of the facts!

Your attempts to downplay their likelihood of being convicted for their crimes are well know at this stage. You've posted some variant of the above post at least six or seven times already.

caprea

Did they daub the vaginal wall cut for DNA?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on February 21, 2018, 07:38:11 PM

Your attempts to downplay their likelihood of being convicted for their crimes are well know at this stage. You've posted some variant of the above post at least six or seven times already.

You're nuts! I've given a view like you based on snippets! Now get over yourself and stop attacking posters with a different view, debate with them and if you can't reason with them move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trileacman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2018, 07:50:35 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 21, 2018, 07:38:11 PM

You're nuts! I've given a view like you based on snippets! Now get over yourself and stop attacking posters with a different view, debate with them and if you can't reason with them move on

That's too hard for his simple mind. Much easier to just scream "Neanderthal" at people of opposing views.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trailer

Quote from: Syferus on February 21, 2018, 05:13:26 PM

My heart quietly sinks a little further every time I see an attempt to draw a false equilevence between the lots of a rape victim and a rapist.

One deserves so much respect for their bravery in coming forward knowing full well what was in store, and will certainly get that respect from anyone who is worth associating with in the first place, while the other deserves every nasty jibe they get.

I am not drawing any equivalence, you are. I'm speaking specifically about this case. And despite what you may think, no one has been found guilty of anything yet.

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on February 21, 2018, 05:13:26 PM

Even if they didn't do it?