All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

there is a great quote by
Dan Shanahan at 14 .10 in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cz6vsTLPJU

ros have to build it so they can win in August. It will take time but it should be doable.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Syferus on August 10, 2017, 12:04:29 AM
This nonsense about conditioning needs do stop - lads are in good shape, and the newer lads will invariably improve in that regard as the years go by. All I saw on Monday was a young team that got rattled early and had no response. After the first goal there was quite literally nothing that could be reflective of what will happen the next time the teams meet.

Time is on our side - it definitely isn't in Mayo's favour.

If that first goal hadn't gone in it would all have been different. And sure it shouldn't even have been allowed.

This time next year Rodders.....
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Substandard

Could we not just let this thread go?
Bad day for Ros- enough said.
Calls/ performances not up to it on the day: enough said. 
Hope for the future/ a platform to build on despite this disaster: enough said.
Good luck Mayo the rest of the campaign: enough said.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Substandard on August 10, 2017, 07:04:35 PM
Could we not just let this thread go?
Bad day for Ros- enough said.
Calls/ performances not up to it on the day: enough said. 
Hope for the future/ a platform to build on despite this disaster: enough said.
Good luck Mayo the rest of the campaign: enough said.

Good post.  ;D ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

T'would be no harm at all.
Rhubarbs get on with Kerry we hope manager and players have learned invaluable lessons and come back all the better for it next year.
(Or the awful scenario that it knocks the stuffing and confidence out of us and we never threaten the top table again)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

This nonsense about conditioning needs do stop - lads are in good shape, and the newer lads will invariably improve in that regard as the years go by. All I saw on Monday was a young team that got rattled early and had no response. After the first goal there was quite literally nothing that could be reflective of what will happen the next time the teams meet.

Seriously Sy. it's shite like that, that drives people away from this discussion board.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2017, 01:34:38 AM

Seriously Sy. it's shite like that, that drives people away from this discussion board.

Hes not wrong though is he?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

iorras

Ah, yes he is. Mayo were all ireland minor champions in 2013, u 21 all ireland champions last year which means there is a lot of good talent coming through. What have Roscommon? f**k all except the usual self delusion that has plagued them for generations.

RedHand88

Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2017, 01:34:38 AM

Ah let him be. He's seen his wee county flirt with the big boys and play a bit of ball in August. Big summer for him! Two days out at HQ, two!! He'll reign it in a bit when he realises they're not a big team.

Rossfan

Reading the last 2 posts makes me go against all true sporting instincts and start wishing for the anathema of wins for Dublin and Kerry.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Well rossfan it shouldn't tbh. The two games v ross lessened my dislike for Roscommon. I actually hope ye remain competitive ,80% of yer support are sound out , I dint expect or want ye to bow to mayo ,just a bit of honesty of how good we  have been the last few years and a lot I spoke to were of that mindset after the loss. See ye in csstlebar next summer hopefully.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2017, 11:44:33 AM
Reading the last 2 posts makes me go against all true sporting instincts and start wishing for the anathema of wins for Dublin and Kerry.

And here we have the classic case of the Stockholm Syndrome, psychology students! :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2017, 11:55:22 AM

And here we have the classic case of the Stockholm Syndrome, psychology students! :P

You're not very good at witty responses.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2017, 12:07:14 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2017, 11:55:22 AM

You're not very good at witty responses.

You don't say! :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...