All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Indeed neither of us will see our County's team till January.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

Quote from: thefont on August 08, 2017, 03:33:39 PM
Yeah a good season for Ross and solid proof that their young players are indeed very promising.

Conflicting emotions as other Mayo supporters have said here, on the one hand relieved to see us showing some form on the other hand not nice to see our neighbours season end so badly, especially with two Mayomen in charge.

People saying a one point loss last week would have been better for Ross but I disagree. Talented Mayo teams have taken similar beatings on the national stage and in part I'm sure it's made us what we are today.

Ross need to stick with McStay and be patient in general. One thing I'm sure they will work on is dealing better with disaster scenarios like the start they got on Monday. I still think you are a good team worthy of respect (and will get it if we meet next year in Connacht) but the heads did go down yesterday. Compare to how we dealt with the two own goals in last years AIF, only time can bring that big game mentality.

For us Kerry and Dublin should hold no fear though we will of course be written off. Tough task to beat the two of them but we're capable of it.

Decent post fair play. Supporters like you deserve an All Ireland.

highorlow

Any Mayo people in their right mind that had sympathy for those shower of booing c***ts needs yer heads examined.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Tubberman

Quote from: highorlow on August 08, 2017, 10:33:48 PM
Any Mayo people in their right mind that had sympathy for those shower of booing c***ts needs yer heads examined.

Ah grow up - not every Rossie was booing. There's many a sound rossie, many a pain in the hole as well, no doubt about it! ;-)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam

Sfy, so I watched the match back this evening and kept a particular eye on Murtagh and Harrison. Barrett picked up Murtagh for the first half and then switched with Harrison in the second.

So in that second half Murtagh touched the ball 6 times, thats including one time to kick a free. So five times in open play, one magnificent point. One blocked shot (Harrison), one shot dropped short under severe pressure from Harrison, once to run 5 yards forward, 5 yards back before passing it backwards under pressure from Harrison and once where he caught a shot and was f**ked out over the sideline by, you guessed it, Harrison.

Cleaned out alright!

For the record his first half was very similar
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 09, 2017, 02:47:45 AM
Sfy, so I watched the match back this evening and kept a particular eye on Murtagh and Harrison. Barrett picked up Murtagh for the first half and then switched with Harrison in the second.

So in that second half Murtagh touched the ball 6 times, thats including one time to kick a free. So five times in open play, one magnificent point. One blocked shot (Harrison), one shot dropped short under severe pressure from Harrison, once to run 5 yards forward, 5 yards back before passing it backwards under pressure from Harrison and once where he caught a shot and was f**ked out over the sideline by, you guessed it, Harrison.

Cleaned out alright!

For the record his first half was very similar
a forward is only as good as the ball coming in
Ros forward movement has been quite poor
the Mayo backs played very well

Mayo4Sam

Agree 100%, some of the ball was diabolical and a lot of the time he was just marked out of it. My point was that Syf had suggested he cleaned Harrison and was yer best performer.
He's gone quiet now when called out on his nonsense

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 09, 2017, 03:25:22 PM
Agree 100%, some of the ball was diabolical and a lot of the time he was just marked out of it. My point was that Syf had suggested he cleaned Harrison and was yer best performer.
He's gone quiet now when called out on his nonsense

Please tell me where I said he cleaned him and I'll respond. Otherwise amend your post..

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Syferus on August 08, 2017, 10:26:51 AM
Quote from: sans pessimism on August 08, 2017, 10:23:55 AM
A certain poster on here questioned the quality of Brendan Harrison...........think ya got yer answer yday Syferus.

Why did he need two minders so? Diarmuid was our best player on the day btw so I'm afraid you picked the wrong ocassion to crow. In fact you picked the only matchup yesterday that you couldn't crow about.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on August 08, 2017, 09:20:51 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 08, 2017, 07:29:37 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 23, 2017, 02:25:28 PM
Can't wait.
We started yet off on the road in the 2011 CF so would be nice if we ended ye're team next Sunday.
One part of me fears we had ONE BIG GAME in us and 9 months to hone in on it.
Hope we avoid a tanking anyway and that our young ladeens run the legs if the oul worn out Rhubarbs.
So ye did have one big game in ye
And 12 glorious minutes in Croke Park too.
After that it was Mayowestros 5-30 MostofRos 0-16.
Sobering reality as a big boy cut loose on us in the big boys'  playground.
Still can't understand what management was at dropping Fintan and CiarĂ¡in and giving a man his first senior game in an AI QF.
A man who was spirited into the panel only a few weeks beforehand.
We had a great day in Salthill and are Connacht Champions but certainly aren't the best team in Connacht.

Hope the Rhubarbs can keep this new found level up till 5 o'clock on 17th September or it will be like our CF win.
Fair play Ross, a gentleman as always. Believe it or not, I was thinking of you and all the rest of the genuine Rossie supporters as the game wore on and yer hopes began to disappear minute by minute as the game wore on. Mayo folks have  been in the same position many times before and we know better than most what it is like to leave Croke Park with your expectations and hopes in tatters.
However, hope springs eternal as the old saying goes. (No, I dunno what that means either.)
But ye are Connacht champions and  won the title fair and square and maybe with a biteen more experience yoiur lads won't be fazed by the occasion next time you make the quarters.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Fair play Lar.
I think we need to persevere - get the S&C improved especially with the new last 8 series coming in.
We couldn't cope with 2 intensive games in 9 days - next year hopefully we'll be having 3 in 15 days following retention if our Connacht title or successful Qualifier run.
We'll need same of the type of mental and physical strength ye're bucks have after 7 years on the road.
Will take time to get to that level but have to start planning it next week not next feckin April.
Management need to ask themselves what kind of boloxology they were at with team selection and passive approach when tearing into games won us Connacht and drew with your lot.
Anyway let's keep at it......and see where it takes us.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2017, 11:24:54 PM
Fair play Lar.
I think we need to persevere - get the S&C improved especially with the new last 8 series coming in.
We couldn't cope with 2 intensive games in 9 days - next year hopefully we'll be having 3 in 15 days following retention if our Connacht title or successful Qualifier run.
We'll need same of the type of mental and physical strength ye're bucks have after 7 years on the road.
Will take time to get to that level but have to start planning it next week not next feckin April.
Management need to ask themselves what kind of boloxology they were at with team selection and passive approach when tearing into games won us Connacht and drew with your lot.
Anyway let's keep at it......and see where it takes us.
I think Ros have some  very good players and the Ros "who do you think you are " attitude which are 2 positive attributes that ye can build on. The conditioning gap is a massive barrier . Mayo weren't really firing the first day. When they switch it on they can really go to town. And they did. Days like the last day are all about what you learn from them.  I don't think it is not that ye are good enough. It's that ye still have work to do. There is a difference.

You shouldn't have to bulk up to play GAA but that is for another day.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

This nonsense about conditioning needs do stop - lads are in good shape, and the newer lads will invariably improve in that regard as the years go by. All I saw on Monday was a young team that got rattled early and had no response. After the first goal there was quite literally nothing that could be reflective of what will happen the next time the teams meet.

Time is on our side - it definitely isn't in Mayo's favour.