Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Quote from: No wides on July 06, 2016, 09:04:42 AM
If the immigrants all get kicked out though who will clean Miltown's car!

;D ;D ;D ;D implacable

Applesisapples

There was a map doing the rounds on twitter showing the country of origin of the majority of immigrants in all the countries of Europe. Most immigrants in the UK come from India apparently and not the EU. Most immigrants in the ROI from the UK, soon to be an even greater influx if Wullie has his way.

Jeepers Creepers

Anyone who works for a bank will fear the possible interest rate cut also.

seafoid

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 06, 2016, 09:55:37 AM
There was a map doing the rounds on twitter showing the country of origin of the majority of immigrants in all the countries of Europe. Most immigrants in the UK come from India apparently and not the EU. Most immigrants in the ROI from the UK, soon to be an even greater influx if Wullie has his way.
depends how many generations you go back. Irish would be more numerous than indians. Recently Eastern Euros have been more numerous. Innit
tl
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Applesisapples

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2016, 10:44:00 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 06, 2016, 09:55:37 AM
depends how many generations you go back. Irish would be more numerous than indians. Recently Eastern Euros have been more numerous. Innit
tl
It was recent figures.

Milltown Row2

So its a wait and see thing.....

No immigrants that I know are not going anywhere....

Everyone adapted to the recession, they tightened their belts and spent wisely.... Interest rates will always fluctuate, hikes in mortgages happen

Cant see it hurting my industry to be fair, would have expected a downturn during the recession
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 05, 2016, 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: Franko on July 05, 2016, 09:31:57 PM
Haranguerer and macdanger, do you live in the 6 co's?

No

I thought as much, given the flippant nature of your 'you must accept the vote' statements.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2016, 12:21:51 PM
So its a wait and see thing.....

No immigrants that I know are not going anywhere....

Everyone adapted to the recession, they tightened their belts and spent wisely.... Interest rates will always fluctuate, hikes in mortgages happen

Cant see it hurting my industry to be fair, would have expected a downturn during the recession

The interest rate has been 0.5% for years now has it not ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

give her dixie

No matter what industry anyone works in, they are going to be affected one way or another.
I work in the haulage industry and already the costs have risen due to the pound. Fuel for hundreds
of trucks is bought over the border and the falling pound against the euro has hit hard. Costs can only
become absorbed for a short time until they get passed onto the end users, which is everyone who eats......

The company I work for are a major player in the refrigerated transport business between the UK and Ireland.
The main products out are meat and chicken, and back, fruit and veg. The bulk of all this work is into the major
supermarket distribution centres. Therefore, higher fuel costs lead to higher food costs.

As our shopping habits have changed and we buy most of our food in supermarkets, so too has the production.
In order to supply the main players, producers have had to expand and modernise. Along with that, bring in workers.
Given the type of work involved, and with producers running 24/7, the majority of these workers are eastern European.
Not too many children leaving school locally want to go work in a meat or chicken processing factory.........

The people of Boston in Lincolnshire voted the highest to leave, mainly due to the high number of eastern Europeans
living in the area. If they were to leave, the fields around Boston would overgrow as there would be no one left to pick
the fruit and veg.

If we didn't have the workers coming here to work in the fields and the factories producing food, driving the trucks
transporting it, packing and stacking it, then we would have a major problem.  The cost of food would sky rocket, and there
would be a massive supply problem.

If border controls and customs return, then we are also facing major hurdles. Given the volume of goods crossing per day,
we are faced with a vast increase in paperwork, delays at the border, and a serious increase in costs.

The fallout from Brexit will hit our industry hard, and also the relevant knock on effects will take their toll. Like everything
else at present related to Brexit, nobody really knows what is going to happen. Those at the top don't even know !!

Things don't look to bright at the minute, and the future is looking pretty bleak as well.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Milltown Row2

Quote from: give her dixie on July 06, 2016, 12:32:21 PM
No matter what industry anyone works in, they are going to be affected one way or another.
I work in the haulage industry and already the costs have risen due to the pound. Fuel for hundreds
of trucks is bought over the border and the falling pound against the euro has hit hard. Costs can only
become absorbed for a short time until they get passed onto the end users, which is everyone who eats......

The company I work for are a major player in the refrigerated transport business between the UK and Ireland.
The main products out are meat and chicken, and back, fruit and veg. The bulk of all this work is into the major
supermarket distribution centres. Therefore, higher fuel costs lead to higher food costs.

As our shopping habits have changed and we buy most of our food in supermarkets, so too has the production.
In order to supply the main players, producers have had to expand and modernise. Along with that, bring in workers.
Given the type of work involved, and with producers running 24/7, the majority of these workers are eastern European.
Not too many children leaving school locally want to go work in a meat or chicken processing factory.........

The people of Boston in Lincolnshire voted the highest to leave, mainly due to the high number of eastern Europeans
living in the area. If they were to leave, the fields around Boston would overgrow as there would be no one left to pick
the fruit and veg.

If we didn't have the workers coming here to work in the fields and the factories producing food, driving the trucks
transporting it, packing and stacking it, then we would have a major problem.  The cost of food would sky rocket, and there

If border controls and customs return, then we are also facing major hurdles. Given the volume of goods crossing per day,
we are faced with a vast increase in paperwork, delays at the border, and a serious increase in costs.

The fallout from Brexit will hit our industry hard, and also the relevant knock on effects will take their toll. Like everything
else at present related to Brexit, nobody really knows what is going to happen. Those at the top don't even know !!

Things don't look to bright at the minute, and the future is looking pretty bleak as well.

Sure just put the rope up ffs!! Fuel actually a lot lower than it has been in recent years and will probably go back to what it was before, it didn't mean the prices went down when the price of oil was cheaper...

The Country (Britain) wont fall apart the South should do alright out of this to....

Like I said I voted to remain, pretty annoyed that we didn't but I'm past the point of the result, other European countries are progressing well without being in the EU... I even suspect it may even never happen for a lot longer that its supposed too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2016, 12:46:07 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on July 06, 2016, 12:32:21 PM

the fruit and veg.

Sure just put the rope up ffs!! Fuel actually a lot lower than it has been in recent years and will probably go back to what it was before, it didn't mean the prices went down when the price of oil was cheaper...

The Country (Britain) wont fall apart the South should do alright out of this to....

Like I said I voted to remain, pretty annoyed that we didn't but I'm past the point of the result, other European countries are progressing well without being in the EU... I even suspect it may even never happen for a lot longer that its supposed too

We get it MR2.  Your job is safe.  Everyone is not in the same boat.
All (sane) government spokespersons, the ECB, the BOE, all international stock & forex markets, most major business players, the main banks and the majority of people you meet on a day-to-day basis say that this is going to lead to big changes, few of which are for the better.  You throw in your couple of little anecdotes and say, nah, we'll be grand.  You are wrong.

haranguerer

Quote from: Franko on July 06, 2016, 12:27:32 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 05, 2016, 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: Franko on July 05, 2016, 09:31:57 PM
Haranguerer and macdanger, do you live in the 6 co's?

No

I thought as much, given the flippant nature of your 'you must accept the vote' statements.

Well, you clearly thought wrong, given that I do.

And the irony of you labelling our saying democracy should be accepted and respected as 'flippant' is delightful  ;D

You're clearly suggesting that we don't accept the vote. What do we do?

Milltown Row2

I didn't say my job was safe.... I just said it didn't collapse around the recession (I wasn't in my current job during that period) but all the stuff coming out now wasn't or was very difficult to get information on before it happened....

It actually could speed up an united Ireland, given how we voted here and how Scotland voted....

No wides

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2016, 02:10:03 PM
I didn't say my job was safe.... I just said it didn't collapse around the recession (I wasn't in my current job during that period) but all the stuff coming out now wasn't or was very difficult to get information on before it happened....

It actually could speed up an united Ireland, given how we voted here and how Scotland voted....

He has been made redundant more times that he has had hot dinners, maybe all the benefit cheats can wash his car now instead of the immigrants.  ;D