Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

It's a bit foolish to speculate on spectators at the Dromore game. Everyone knows there was an incident but there are no signs anyone is infected as a result of watching a game.

We are assuming the Eglish player was Covid positive at the time of the game. It will take a day or 2 to find out if other participants in that game were infected as a result when tests come through.

If Eglish allowed their changing rooms to be used then their full team is at higher risk. We know that in open air the risk of infection is much lower. Eglish have risked the health of their full playing squad by their actions (if as alleged they allowed the changing rooms to be used)

Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Dreamer

To me letting 30 players into an indoor environment close together is much more serious offence than allowing people to socially distance around a large ground in the open air. It's obvious and all evidence would tell you the risk of spreading covid in close proximity indoors is much much higher than socially distanced outside. The spectators one doesn't make much sense when compared to other things being allowed whereas the dressing room one is a no brainer. And we have a situation were spectators are allowed in the south and health experts have deemed it ok.

Taylor

Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2020, 09:34:42 AM
They still broke the guidelines. They still decided "Fcuk it, that doesn't apply to us". The entitlement culture remains the same. Your thoughts on coronavirus are irrelevant.

Covid must know to stop at the border then - only infects people if they attend games in the North.

Politics at play as to why spectators cant attend games in the North.

You cannot equate the chance of spreading the virus between people in an enclosed changing room and people standing around a field

LeoMc

Quote from: Taylor on July 22, 2020, 09:41:57 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2020, 09:34:42 AM
They still broke the guidelines. They still decided "Fcuk it, that doesn't apply to us". The entitlement culture remains the same. Your thoughts on coronavirus are irrelevant.

Covid must know to stop at the border then - only infects people if they attend games in the North.

Politics at play as to why spectators cant attend games in the North.

You cannot equate the chance of spreading the virus between people in an enclosed changing room and people standing around a field
So we get to pick and choose what rules to follow?

sidelineball

Quote from: GlenMan on July 21, 2020, 11:12:04 PM
He was tested on Saturday (following positive cases at his work I believe) and decided it was okay for him to play while awaiting the results.

Eglish themselves failed to follow even the basic guidelines - they had there changing rooms open with Players packed in!

Absolutely shameful behaviour from the Player and Club.

Glenman,

What is your evidence that the player got tested on Friday? It seems like you must know a lot about it?
The player was in fact tested on Monday it seems so Internet mouthpieces like yourself don't help the situation spreading lies and speculation

tyronefan

How does it work now if Eglish cannot fulfill their next fixture

Tyrone Gaa

Hardstation as far as I'm aware clubs were told there should be no spectators at the game, while this was said it was also said that clubs should not police the gate in order to avoid any possible confrontation or debate with supporters that do turn up.

So if a club doesn't have an active policy to keep out supporters are we surprised that supporters turn up to attend games they are not stopped.
Living the dream!!!

clarshack

Quote from: tyronefan on July 22, 2020, 10:01:43 AM

you would imagine a walkover for the opposition. good job there's no relegation.

tyronefan

Quote from: clarshack on July 22, 2020, 10:25:04 AM
Quote from: tyronefan on July 22, 2020, 10:01:43 AM

you would imagine a walkover for the opposition. good job there's no relegation.

Wonder how it will work in the championship if it happens. A team could possibility reach the final and not be able to field

marty34

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 22, 2020, 10:13:09 AM
Hardstation as far as I'm aware clubs were told there should be no spectators at the game, while this was said it was also said that clubs should not police the gate in order to avoid any possible confrontation or debate with supporters that do turn up.

So if a club doesn't have an active policy to keep out supporters are we surprised that supporters turn up to attend games they are not stopped.

Did they put anything up on social media or on their various whatsapp groups asking people to stay away?

That would be key for me.

Club boi

Quote from: sidelineball on July 22, 2020, 09:47:45 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on July 21, 2020, 11:12:04 PM
He was tested on Saturday (following positive cases at his work I believe) and decided it was okay for him to play while awaiting the results.

Eglish themselves failed to follow even the basic guidelines - they had there changing rooms open with Players packed in!

Absolutely shameful behaviour from the Player and Club.

Glenman,

What is your evidence that the player got tested on Friday? It seems like you must know a lot about it?
The player was in fact tested on Monday it seems so Internet mouthpieces like yourself don't help the situation spreading lies and speculation

Sideline ball,

What is your evidence that he was tested on Monday?? It seems like you must know a lot about it??
Are you a friend, an Eglish player??
You cant put your "evidence" out there without backing it up either

sidelineball

The statement from the club is the player was tested on Monday. Got his results Tuesday and the story broke. However I see a lot of texts and tweets doing the round that the player was tested before the weekend, Glenman was obviously privy to this as he Put it out there that the player was tested on Friday, and I saw he and others insinuating the player therefore played on despite not waiting for results and the club was putting pressure on the player to take part.
I didn't make the initial accusation so therefore the burden of proof doesn't lie with me but rather Glenman who stated it.

sidelineball

And do you know he was working on this site in Dublin?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Delegater on July 22, 2020, 10:23:39 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 22, 2020, 10:13:09 AM

Were you at a game at the weekend?  :o

I was at a game last weekend not that really matters and truth be told I intend to be at a game this coming weekend also. I was not in a stand, I socially distanced and acted responsibly, teams did not use the club rooms or changing facilities. Like I said before GAA is an all Ireland organisation, if 200 can attend a game safely in Lifford surely that same 200 in Strabane can safely attend a game.

If the GAA make a call to suspend all activity then I will respect that decision and there will be no issue. It's a political point. Sean Cavanagh was ridiculed for distinguishing the North of Ireland was part of the UK and had different legislation to our southern friends.. I believe in the all island approach and that's how I make my judgement on GUIDANCE (not law)
Living the dream!!!

Eire90

can you not watch online have all clubs not set up a way to view online is their any reason not in this era