The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on December 20, 2013, 09:36:02 AM
Working till 8 tonight then giving myself 2 weeks off!
Had no time off at all this year as been very busy so looking forward to the break.
Hopefully some Golf and pints over the next few weeks!

Self employed? It's hard to not work knowing its costing money.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2013, 09:38:10 AM
Quote from: laoislad on December 20, 2013, 09:36:02 AM
Working till 8 tonight then giving myself 2 weeks off!
Had no time off at all this year as been very busy so looking forward to the break.
Hopefully some Golf and pints over the next few weeks!

Self employed? It's hard to not work knowing its costing money.
Yeah self employed.
Most of the companies I have service contracts with close down for the Christmas anyway.
Sure we all need a break!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Under Lights

Pomeroy Magical Forest all sold out- I would imagine there will be more dates added. Was at it last year- excellent.

Anywhere else worth going to? Would like to take the little one somewhere different this year.

http://www.santasmagicalforest.co.uk/

Zip Code

We always go to Hiltown Santa http://www.santascottage.co.uk/, this will be our 9th year!

supersarsfields

Innishowen do a Santa's hotel that was reccommended to me. Booked in for Monday 23rdDec 85 Euro for B&B. Think the hotel is basic enough, but the Santa experience is meant to be good. Sure we'll give it a go!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Zip Code on September 17, 2014, 09:05:21 AM
We always go to Hiltown Santa http://www.santascottage.co.uk/, this will be our 9th year!

Spending money on the kids??? WTF 

Is that on the road down to Rostrevor

This will be my last xmas that the youngest will believe in Santa, though she's asked a couple of strange questions lately about him, I've dodged them with the usual, ask yer ma
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Zip Code

Yeah - we have done he is the real one etc so we only go to him, he's very good, it's limited booking so you get a good 10 - 15 minutes with Santa, you wait in a room and he comes down the chimney ho ho ho and away, then you are called as a family to see him.  You wait in his front room and you get called in - you email what the kids want and what mischievous they have been up.  When you go in he knows their names, ages what they want and if the room needs to be more tidy - the ear piece is well covered with the beard as someone reads the email into his ear.  Presents are ok to, we usually go the eve of christmas eve - but usually gets booked out in advance - I booked in July.  My oldest was doubting last year until he told him that his mother was sick picking his clothes off the floor!  ;D

Tony Baloney

We usually go to the one in Milford (Co. Armagh) as all proceeds go to charity, not some farmer with a few fir trees and a mangy deer on his farm.

http://www.santasgatelodge.com/

BenDover

There has been one run in Milford in Armagh this past few years which has been good. The venue was vandalised not so long ago so does anyone know if its on this year or not?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BenDover on September 17, 2014, 01:04:28 PM
There has been one run in Milford in Armagh this past few years which has been good. The venue was vandalised not so long ago so does anyone know if its on this year or not?
;D See link above!

BenDover

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 17, 2014, 01:05:15 PM
Quote from: BenDover on September 17, 2014, 01:04:28 PM
;D See link above!
[/quote
Good news - a date for the diary then!

BenDover

20% of in Smyths from today till Monday

laoislad

ffs lads it's only September.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BenDover

We went over and sorted out a right few bits. staff in newry were flat out and I'm guessing will be for the rest of the weekend.

CD

Herself was down spending my hard earned pennies in Smyths there. Said the place was insane. Not a single 'Frozen' related toy of any description left in the building. The attic is full!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!