Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyD_

great victory for the Saffs on Sunday. James McN on fire, great to see someone like him stepping up - a delight to watch.
We beat a 14 man Carlow (we were expected to be beat them every day of the week - its Carlow ffs), big deal! We got a great day out against Wexford - but is that it. Our season is defined by one good game v Wexford?? terrible to think that, but it probably is when you look at the scores in all other games all year in league and chmp!

We remain Div 1 (there was no relegation)
People talk about consistency (MR2) We play the last game of the year like we did last year fighting a relegation battle against another tier 2 county. It'll be the same next year if we dont change it up! 

Gleeson has been an outstanding manager for us. Thank him for his service, for raising the bar, the expectation and standard! But time to move on... change is good, for us and him!

Would like to see an Antrim man in post next year with good antrim coaches taking the team. 

Milltown Row2

So which Antrim man are you recommending?

Not sure what standard of players we have to match teams physically? We have plenty skill btw but over 70 plus minutes the big teams grind you down.

Bitta disrespectful on Carlow, they'd a better score difference to us and with 15 players on the park they could have won.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I would be very sorry to see gleeson go. I think we will be a lot worse off for it when he goes. League was very tough with the absence of players - we just don't have the depth to replace that number of players and compete at that level.

Mr they were a red card waiting to happen. If it wasn't that boy it would likely have ended up someone else.

Realistically Carlow and Laois are about our level. The problem for us, and them as well, is that Offaly are going to come good eventually and then there's one spot that will really be the yo yo one.

JonnyD_

i think the main reason for finding someone local isnt anti- Gleeson or anti- southerner i just think it makes more sense to have someone whos not spending 20 hours a week in the car travelling up and down. its a tough enough job without being on the road. thats my honest opinion and mental fatigue surely must kick in, especially after 5 long seasons starting in the summer realistically!

Probably Gregory... he's the only one i honestly think of with a track record of winning! and winning consistently (bar last year lol!) why not give it someone like him supported by a good back room team.

Re: Carlow i'm maybe being flippant there but we should be targeting those games as must wins, i think thats part of my point. apologies  ;D

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2024, 05:40:50 PMSo which Antrim man are you recommending?

Not sure what standard of players we have to match teams physically? We have plenty skill btw but over 70 plus minutes the big teams grind you down.

Bitta disrespectful on Carlow, they'd a better score difference to us and with 15 players on the park they could have won.