Recent posts

General discussion / Re: Car Insurance!!!!!
Last post by armaghniac - Today at 06:28:58 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on Today at 06:00:15 PMSo , do insurance companies really check  your annual mileage?

They don't check until you have a claim. On an online site if you change the mileage that you say you then the price will go a up a bit.
In Covid I rang up and said that I was driving feck all and got a bit off.
However, in Dublin I am paying less than I did 30 years ago, things seem worse in the occupied territories.
GAA Discussion / Re: Negativity around current ...
Last post by RadioGAAGAA - Today at 06:06:57 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 29, 2024, 11:19:46 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 29, 2024, 10:16:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 29, 2024, 08:54:13 PMYe had similar to that in 2022 and 90% of the GAA couldnt wait to dump it as it wasn't wanted.

Sources for this please...?
Congress 2022. It was 94.7% in fact.

The congress that was in Feb of 2022 was able to make an informed decision on the approach used in the 2022 Championship?

Some foresight there all right.
Last post by AustinPowers - Today at 06:00:15 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on Today at 05:44:11 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on Today at 04:37:03 PM
Quote from: general_lee on Today at 03:42:43 PMIt's a complete racket. I'm reluctant to ever actually claim off my insurance (touch wood, I've never had to in 20 years driving)

You're as well just lying to them to try and keep the premium down(car stored in garage, parked securely at work, only 3k miles a year). It's not like you won't get shafted anyway if you're honest and actually need to make a claim.

Apparently reducing  the annual  mileage thing  doesn't make any  real difference to the cost .

I dont even  know why they ask you your annual mileage  , because they can  find out how much you did  between  MOT's. It's all online

Risk - the more miles you do, the greater the chance you will be in an accident.

Yeah I understand that , but  a few years back I changed jobs.  I had kept the same mileage (around 15k)  , but went through the details the following year, and asked them to reduce it to about  to 5-6k , as I was doing a lot less miles. The  insurer said the cost was the same

On the other hand.... A cousin of mine  used to  do a night or two  of  pizza runs (unofficially)  and  I asked him if his  insurance company ever said anything  about his extra  mileage.  On his policy he  said  about 7-8k and he was doing 20k plus.  Nothing was  ever mentioned.

So , do insurance companies really check  your annual mileage?
Last post by marty34 - Today at 05:46:45 PM
I said this before but some MLA should tackle this head on and go to town on these clowns.

Call all the heads of insurers into a committee meeting and grill the f&"k out of them.

Complete rip off.
Last post by thebigfella - Today at 05:44:11 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on Today at 04:37:03 PM
Quote from: general_lee on Today at 03:42:43 PMIt's a complete racket. I'm reluctant to ever actually claim off my insurance (touch wood, I've never had to in 20 years driving)

You're as well just lying to them to try and keep the premium down(car stored in garage, parked securely at work, only 3k miles a year). It's not like you won't get shafted anyway if you're honest and actually need to make a claim.

Apparently reducing   the annual  mileage thing  doesn't make any  real difference to the cost .

I dont even  know why they ask you your annual mileage  , because they can  find out how much you did  between  MOT's. It's all online

Risk - the more miles you do, the greater the chance you will be in an accident.
Quote from: tbrick18 on Today at 04:29:17 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on Today at 03:38:10 PMDerry have lost their entire half back line. Murnin a big loss - I think Armagh have learnt how to cope without O'Neill more.

This game is becoming more of a toss up the closer it gets.
Armagh without O'Neill and Murnin will struggle.
Derry without their half back line will struggle as its the basis for a lot of our attacks.

Armagh could win this game by 5 or 6
Tyrone / Re: Tyrone County Football and...
Last post by Goals_Will_Come - Today at 05:22:17 PM
Quote from: square_ball on Today at 02:56:45 PM
Quote from: thebigfullforward on Today at 11:01:35 AM
Quote from: tiempo on Today at 10:13:29 AMFound it notable the turnover in players between minor and U20 in recent years

Very few of the minor team who lost to Meath were playing in the recent U20 win, with a number of starters not even on the panel, in effect a very young U20 team with some only finished up at MacRory

Similar a few years ago when McHugh was MF on the winning U20 team 3 years before his final year

How is it that 17-18-19yos are significantly outnumbering 20yos on the 20s team?

Fall off between 20s and Senior is to be expected, but seems a gap between minor and 20s

There is some serious talent coming through at the moment but Senior mgmt is the big ticket item on the horizon, the right appointment is critical, no idea who would be best
Any notable omissions that come to mind? Guessing Strain would be the main one

From what I can see only 3 of the starting 15 from the u17s in 2021 weren't in the squad for the recent win.

Agree on next senior management it's hard to see any candidates that are banging down the door to be next in line. Even Tally has done his best work as a coach not as manager.
Niall Robinson, Matthew Mallon and Ronan Strain. Conan Devlin was on the panel for opening game but left because he wasn't starting but he is still underage next year. Likes of Callum Daly, Joey Clarke and Ruairi McCullagh would have been year 11 at school and barely 15 years of age and wouldn't of started their development properly, which is the case in the majority of personel changes from Under 17 teams to Under 20 teams. Another drawback of the whole change away from Under 18 and Under 21.
General discussion / Re: Westminster General Electi...
Last post by dec - Today at 05:17:47 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on Today at 03:47:20 PMBelfast South and Mid Down

Wasn't aware of that name change.
GAA Discussion / Re: Sam Maguire 2024 Group 1 ...
Last post by naka - Today at 05:15:19 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on Today at 03:21:11 PMRian O'Neill & Murnin both out for a few weeks for Armagh.

Oneill bad injury v Donegal
Murnin taken out by Westmeath, to which McGeeny alluded to in his post-match interviews.

In Derry's hands now IMHO
Would love to know your source