A wee christmas miracle

Started by his holiness nb, December 24, 2007, 06:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 24, 2007, 07:35:47 PM
QuoteI'm saying congrats  because it's the nice non grumpy auld bollox thing to do . Or do you think that having a kids isn't important enough to say congratulations ? If so let me know what is ?

Of course he and the Mrs deserve congratulations - and who was the first one to offer congratulations on this thread?
It's the "well done" comments I am confused by.
Owe then Merry Christmas Grumpy :)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ONeill

Well done HH.

Seriously, you'll never sleep again after June unless you go on a bender in Scotland for a weekend.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gold

i went to Scotland on a weekend bender and never slept a wink!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Norf Tyrone

QuoteWe've an awful lot of births and pregancies lately!

I blame the 'would you/wouldn't you thread'  ;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Congrats HH, wish you both all the best.
Tbc....

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Puckoon

Attaboy HHN - Hard willies indeed! :D :D :D :D

Aerlik

Take it from me, the woman has nine months to adjust...hormones, mood swings, weight gain etc

Whereas the da, well, he wakes up one morning and that's it he's a da.  No time to adjust whatsoever.

Please God all goes well for you both.  Mini-me is 6 and Santa is just the business.  Feckin love the excitement as much as he does. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

stew

Quote from: Aerlik on December 25, 2007, 07:34:07 AM
Take it from me, the woman has nine months to adjust...hormones, mood swings, weight gain etc

Whereas the da, well, he wakes up one morning and that's it he's a da.  No time to adjust whatsoever.

Please God all goes well for you both.  Mini-me is 6 and Santa is just the business.  Feckin love the excitement as much as he does. 

I know what you mean Aerlik. Me and the wife laid out all the gifts last night and although the kids are all but grown they love Christmas, it is the time of the year we do everything as a family. Work takes a back seat and we have a ton of other Irish and English people over who have been coming to the house for years and we have a slap up feed and the guitar breaks out and we have a hooley until about 1:00 in the morning. It is the best time of the year.  :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Dinny Breen

Congrats HHN, becoming a Dad in May myself 'touch wood', exciting and frightening at the same time....
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

QuotePlease God all goes well for you both.  Mini-me is 6 and Santa is just the business.  Feckin love the excitement as much as he does. 

I know...my wee lad is 3, and yesterday was just pure magic. Santa did the whole show..footprints thrrough the house, magic dust, half eaten carrots. Loved it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Square Ball

it is brilliant, love Christmas morning, getting up at half six and looking at the reaction of the kids makes it all worth while
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Puckoon

Quote from: Square Ball on December 26, 2007, 11:46:34 AM
it is brilliant, love Christmas morning, getting up at half six and looking at the reaction of the kids makes it all worth while

Santa Claus did well at our house when we were kids, dad decided that he would be sick of milk and so we (the three kids) left out a half'un of hennesy each!

Square Ball

Quote from: Puckoon on December 26, 2007, 04:27:19 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on December 26, 2007, 11:46:34 AM

Santa Claus did well at our house when we were kids, dad decided that he would be sick of milk and so we (the three kids) left out a half'un of hennesy each!
mine wanted to put out tins of Carlsberg but I had to explain about Santa and drink driving
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid