Saw Doctors Fans

Started by Fishead_Sam, July 22, 2007, 09:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishead_Sam

Any other Saw Doctors fans out there, off to see them in the TF Royal in Castlebar on Friday, listening to them while typing.

Sing a powerful song playing on at the moment.

FL/MAYO

Ya they are great, used to share a house in NYC with one of the orignal members back in the mid eighties before they were formed. He actually bought a bass guitar while in New York and tried to smuggle it in through custums but got caught and had to pay the tax on it. Sound man, he has left the band since.

Rossfan

Wasnt one of them a Rosman??
Too many pro Mayo songs for my liking though :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fishead_Sam

I love the way all about the Connact way of life.

What pro-Mayo songs?

The Green & Red of Mayo
Clare Island
Do you want o play my Guitar (reference to Castlebar)
N17 (goes through Mayo, mind not the bit they on about)
To Win Just Once (I think we all share that one)
Galway & Mayo
Hey Wrap (the Willy Joe Padden song)

For lads from Tuam they got alot of time for "Gods Own County"

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2007, 10:35:53 PM
Too many pro Mayo songs for my liking though :)

One the original members was a Donegal man as well.

downredblack

Got a taxi in Prague and the driver was Canadian . He never shut up about them for the length of the trip . That's the closest I've ever come to meeting a Saw Docs fan .  :P

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: downredblack on July 23, 2007, 04:28:44 PM
Got a taxi in Prague and the driver was Canadian . He never shut up about them for the length of the trip . That's the closest I've ever come to meeting a Saw Docs fan .  :P

A sure your from Ulster, go off and listen to the Pogues  ;) and we will listen to the Saw Doctors   :D

Redgreenery

Love the Saw Doctors, we do stick on the album on the days we get to Croke Park on the way, and if we win we play it on the way back!! Pity we wont get a chance this year. :(

Favourite songs would be 'The Green and Red of Mayo' , 'Galway and Mayo' and 'Hey Wrap'.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Redgreenery on July 23, 2007, 07:06:46 PM
Love the Saw Doctors, we do stick on the album on the days we get to Croke Park on the way, and if we win we play it on the way back!! Pity we wont get a chance this year. :(

Favourite songs would be 'The Green and Red of Mayo' , 'Galway and Mayo' and 'Hey Wrap'.

The Green & Red of Mayo, Galway & Mayo, Hey Wrap, To Win Just Once & Clare Island are my favourates

Next in line would be N17 & Joyce Ceile Country Band.

Other great ones Tommy K, I used to lover, Sing a powerfull song, the one about going back to Tuam & the one about the Suger town are all great (lived in Tuam for my sins for a few years)

Jazus how could I forget the Wan about the Macnas Parade & the great reference to where I spent all first year in college in Galway, "the Warrick"

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 23, 2007, 07:21:13 PM

The Green & Red of Mayo, Galway & Mayo, Hey Wrap, To Win Just Once & Clare Island are my favourates

Other great ones Tommy K, I used to lover, Sing a powerfull song, the one about going back to Tuam & the one about the Suger town are all great (lived in Tuam for my sins for a few years)

Jazus how could I forget the Wan about the Macnas Parade & the great reference to where I spent all first year in college in Galway, "the Warrick"

Fishead Sam, did you go to Jarlaths?

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: FL/MAYO on July 23, 2007, 08:22:10 PM

No went to the Presentation Convent National School for the first few years when it was mixed, went to secondary in St.Geralds in Castlebar

I was the only Mayoman in the village  :D

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 23, 2007, 08:27:10 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on July 23, 2007, 08:22:10 PM

No went to the Presentation Convent National School for the first few years when it was mixed, went to secondary in St.Geralds in Castlebar

I was the only Mayoman in the village  :D

Did my last two years of secondry in Jarlaths. Long before the Sawdoctors were on the road. Everytime I go through that town I cant wait to get out of there. The locals were not to fond of the Jarlaths boys at the time. Good GAA area though.

Fishead_Sam

Went out there a few times when I was in college in NUIG, the last time I got chased for 3 or 4 miles by travellers coz I wouldn't show them what time it was, after telling them 3 times, it seems they find it easier to understand if the watch is in their own hand. I can tell ya those lads didn't find the time off me. Thank f**k they where drunker than me, I don't think any of us where running the straightest, but I lost them after running out the Milltown Road, then fucked myself over a stonewall when I thought they couldn't see me anymore. Its a rough fecken town.

FL/MAYO

Rough town when I was there to, the travellers would take over the handball alley in Jarlaths once the evenings got long during the spring. The only student that could beat them at handball was Micheal Colman the former galway hurler. The nicknames that the travellers had were hilarious, one if I remember correctly was called Moses, he lived for the Jarlaths V Tuam CBS game every year. He supported CBS for some unknown reason even though he probabily never set foot in the place. There was always a bit of aggro between the two schools. The town was always a rough spot though.

spectator

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2007, 10:35:53 PM

The Rossie was John Donnelly from Ballaghaderreen, who played the drums for the first decade ;)

This song of theirs seems topical  :D

Will It Ever Stop Raining?

I got the sunglasses
And I got the shorts
I got factor 50
And a t-shirt of course
I've been shopping in penney's
I've walked out to dunne's
I'm all set for the summer
All set for the sun

Oh god will it ever stop raining?
Oh god, will it ever stop raining?