Football Management in the modern game.

Started by stew, February 23, 2017, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Claudio Ranieri have been sacked as Manager of Leicester City.

Absolutely not, the man was manager of the year last year!
38 (74.5%)
Maybe, I mean he is sitting in the relegation zone
3 (5.9%)
Yes, as good as he was last season, this season he is ket.
10 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: March 02, 2017, 08:58:43 PM

stew

I think this is a disgrace and speaks volumes of the lack of character in todays game, I would vote option number 1.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

under the bar

Soccer is so unlike the GAA and its manager loyalty.  Take Armagh for instance.  They are a comedy show for years under McGeeny and Armagh fans are happy to be the laughing stock of the country and stick with their man as he guides them to Div 4! 

Esmarelda

I'm surprised he wasn't sacked earlier.

The difference between staying up and going down, in financial terms, always means that these sort of decisions are quite easy to make. At the start of January I wouldn't have given Hull or Swansea a chance of staying up with their current managers. I'm not saying it's necessarily the manager's fault but it seems, for whatever reason, that a change of manger gives such teams a lift and it was inevitable that these clubs would act. It hasn't happened at Palace yet and it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

I'd expect Moyes to go at Sunderland soon too, although it might cost them a fortune to pay him off.

stew

Earlier this month, Leicester released a statement offering their 'unwavering support' for Ranieri.

RECENT STATEMENT

It read, via the Mail: "In light of recent speculation Leicester City Football Club would like to make absolutely clear its unwavering support for its first team manager Claudio Ranieri.

"While there is a collective appreciation from everyone at the club that recent form needs to improve, the unprecedented success achieved in recent seasons has been based firmly on stability, togetherness and determination to overcome even the greatest of challenges.

I hope they go down, karma and all that the bastards, the mans name will be sung from the stands a hundred years from now, long after the owners are gone!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Aaron Boone

Craig Shakespeare is the caretaker boss for Liverpool match.
It's certainly a comedy of errors at Leicester, as they like it.

Hoof Hearted

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last 5 winning managers haven't been there 12 months later
Mancini 2012
Ferguson 2013
Pellegrini 2014
Jose 2015
Ranieiri 2016

I think Alex was right - win it then go
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

laoislad

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 23, 2017, 10:20:19 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the last 5 winning managers haven't been there 12 months later
Mancini 2012
Ferguson 2013
Pellegrini 2014
Jose 2015
Ranieiri 2016

Pity he didn't go the first time he won it ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Incredible behaviour by Leicester. They should have been loyal to their man for at least the whole season, regardless if it meant relegation or not. Reflects terribly on them.

passedit

Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2017, 10:28:15 PM
Incredible behaviour by Leicester. They should have been loyal to their man for at least the whole season, regardless if it meant relegation or not. Reflects terribly on them.
Lost the dressing room apparently. Poor man must be doting. It's a kindness really.
Don't Panic

J70

Football is a business, first and foremost. There were no signs whatsoever that Leicester under Ranieri were capable of turning it around. Even last night, while they got a decent enough result, Sevilla should have hammered them given the respective performances. I don't think Ranieri will or should have any complaints. He's around long enough to know the score.

The Stallion

And yet you defend Klopp's gross incompetence. Staggering hypocrisy.

J70

Quote from: The Stallion on February 24, 2017, 12:26:57 AM
And yet you defend Klopp's gross incompetence. Staggering hypocrisy.

Go fish somewhere else.

Samforever

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 23, 2017, 10:20:19 PM
Mancini 2012
Ferguson 2013
Pellegrini 2014
Jose 2015
Ranieiri 2016

Amazing what you can pick up from 5 live

Farrandeelin

Arsenal fans on here would give anything to be in Leicester's position.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.