The UN, The Middle East and Southern Sudan.

Started by stew, August 09, 2014, 07:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

At this time in history we have a toothless United Nations who refuse to aid people who desperately need help, obviously on here the darling's of oppression are the people of Gaza, and that is fine, but what about the Christians and Bhuddists in Egypt who are being rounded up, taken to mountain tops and are being told to convert to Islam or be tortued and Killed?

What about the people of Darfur and Southern Sudan, is there any sympathy for these folk? And if so why the hell are the UN not intervening to protect these people???

I despise the UN, How can the US, Brits, French etc justify being part of this useless, toothless organization and why is there no world wide campaign for them to act??? People are dying by the thousands every day and these bastards sit on their hands!!!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on August 09, 2014, 07:01:22 PM
At this time in history we have a toothless United Nations who refuse to aid people who desperately need help, obviously on here the darling's of oppression are the people of Gaza, and that is fine, but what about the Christians and Bhuddists in Egypt who are being rounded up, taken to mountain tops and are being told to convert to Islam or be tortued and Killed?

What about the people of Darfur and Southern Sudan, is there any sympathy for these folk? And if so why the hell are the UN not intervening to protect these people???

I despise the UN, How can the US, Brits, French etc justify being part of this useless, toothless organization and why is there no world wide campaign for them to act??? People are dying by the thousands every day and these b**tards sit on their hands!!!

If your post didn't read as a complete whataboutery rant against those who have sympathy for the people being slaughtered in Gaza, it might have some value.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2014, 07:19:58 PM

I despise the UN, How can the US, Brits, French etc justify being part of this useless, toothless organization and why is there no world wide campaign for them to act??? People are dying by the thousands every day and these b**tards sit on their hands!!!

If your post didn't read as a complete whataboutery rant against those who have sympathy for the people being slaughtered in Gaza, it might have some value.

That is a disgraceful comment muppet, I never intended for that at all, I just fail to understand why the UN is not in there helping them, the Iraquis, the people of Southern Sudan etc, what good are they???

Again no life is worth more than another and why do the people of Southern Sudan for example not get the same level of support as those in Gaza?

muppet

Quote from: stew on August 09, 2014, 07:32:26 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2014, 07:19:58 PM

That is a disgraceful comment muppet, I never intended for that at all, I just fail to understand why the UN is not in there helping them, the Iraquis, the people of Southern Sudan etc, what good are they???

Again no life is worth more than another and why do the people of Southern Sudan for example not get the same level of support as those in Gaza?

Sudan and Egypt, while obviously terrible, are essentially civil wars. The outside world isn't really involved (I know that is debatable in Egypt).

But Israel is armed to the teeth by the world's superpower and abuses those arms to slaughter innocent people and take their lands.
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Israel also has nuclear weapons and has special trade deals with the EU and has embassies in probably every country in europe. That is why people here and elsewhere are particularly concerned about Gaza as it is on of the wests "friends" committing nothing less than war crimes against civilians. You are right about the UN, it is a talk shop full of useless politicians. The only thing that matters is what the USA says and their president is proving just as pathetic as the ones who went before him. Land of the free my hole.

BennyCake

Yes and Africa is still starving too, because fuckwits run the show.

stew

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 09, 2014, 08:42:23 PM
Israel also has nuclear weapons and has special trade deals with the EU and has embassies in probably every country in europe. That is why people here and elsewhere are particularly concerned about Gaza as it is on of the wests "friends" committing nothing less than war crimes against civilians. You are right about the UN, it is a talk shop full of useless politicians. The only thing that matters is what the USA says and their president is proving just as pathetic as the ones who went before him. Land of the free my hole.
[/qus

I had high hopes from the Obama administration but it turns out he is as inept as w, putin sees him as a lightweight and  who can blame him.

Your comments on the us are absolutely correct sadly!

muppet

Quote from: stew on August 10, 2014, 03:00:34 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 09, 2014, 08:42:23 PM
[/qus

I had high hopes from the Obama administration but it turns out he is as inept as w, putin sees him as a lightweight and  who can blame him.

Your comments on the us are absolutely correct sadly!
I had very high hopes for him too. In fairness anything would have been an improvement on Bush.

But Israel has treated Obama, and Kerry in particular, with complete distain. This despite the fact that Israel is bankrolled by the US. At least Putin pays his own way.
MWWSI 2017

thejuice

Unfortunately these global scale bodies cannot be everywhere and anywhere and are subject to the political pressures at home too. Quite often it's hard to act conscientiously for both sides of a dispute and it would probably serve everyone better if it acted judiciously and brutally forceful but again it would lose support of the people.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stew

Quote from: thejuice on August 10, 2014, 05:06:24 PM
Unfortunately these global scale bodies cannot be everywhere and anywhere and are subject to the political pressures at home too. Quite often it's hard to act conscientiously for both sides of a dispute and it would probably serve everyone better if it acted judiciously and brutally forceful but again it would lose support of the people.

The problem is they are hardly ever where they need to be, meanwhile at the ranch the innocents keep dying!

f**k the UN, they are a collective of useless, cowardly bastards!

muppet

Quote from: stew on August 10, 2014, 06:25:33 PM
Quote from: thejuice on August 10, 2014, 05:06:24 PM

The problem is they are hardly ever where they need to be, meanwhile at the ranch the innocents keep dying!

f**k the UN, they are a collective of useless, cowardly b**tards!

Stew, the biggest single reason the the UN is impotent, is the US and their agendas. Blaming the UN only, and ignoring the elephant in the room is absurd.
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Bodies like the UN are only as good as the countries that make them up. The UN general assembly is more representative, but it's the UN Security Council that has the actual power to get stuff done. The make-up of that body has nothing to do with today's world and everything to do with the balance of power as it stood in 1945.

stew

1386720 date=1407737988]
Bodies like the UN are only as good as the countries that make them up. The UN general assembly is more representative, but it's the UN Security Council that has the actual power to get stuff done. The make-up of that body has nothing to do with today's world and everything to do with the balance of power as it stood in 1945.
[/quote]

Thanks for that insight captain obvious  :P

What power did the French yield in 45?

This body needs massive overhaul, if the US is to blame they need to fix it and revamp the UN from top to bottom.

southdown

The world is a right mess at the minute wherever you look.  Can't see it getting any better soon either.

rossiewanderer

Yes it is all the fault of the USA and Israel,Without them the world would be at peace.