The Greatest Non GAA Sporting Moment, EVER!

Started by Rufus T Firefly, December 09, 2006, 01:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

deiseach

Quote from: turk on December 12, 2006, 07:11:24 PM
We can only take this world cup moment based on the footage we have of it. Banks made a superb save - no one will argue that, but my opinion (and i'm happy to give my opinion on this, and not just eat what's spoonfed to me) is that it was a poor finish by Pele. He should have scored from there and not headered it down so much.

Context counts. Which is why I'd like to add to your caveat the following caveat:

FT Brazil 1-0 England (Jairzinho 59')

The spirit of Dunkirk lives on

hoopsaaa

heganboy

This is a brilliant compilation from a US point of view. Its what ESPN closed out the 1999 with. A lot of the clips are baseball and US football, but there are some crackers in there too.
Even the grumpiest fecker has to like something in there. 6 minutes and 52 of class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDs4eOO_92c
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Declan

QuoteThis is a brilliant compilation from a US point of view. Its what ESPN closed out the 1999 with. A lot of the clips are baseball and US football, but there are some crackers in there too.

Some good stuff in there alright and finishing with that iconic picture of Ali standing over Liston brilliant

deiseach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 24, 2007, 07:22:40 PM
Mickey Owen making it 2-1 in Cardiff  :P

Mmm, that was nice.

Mickey Owen making it 2-0 in Cardiff in the 2003 Worthington Cup final - still have my stub!

bennydorano

Just watched Willie Anderson & Ireland facing down the Haka at Lansdowne Rd on youtube, still sends shivers down the spine. The original & best, see a couple of French efforts there too.

There's a fine one of NZ armed forces in Afghanistan doing one for dead colleagues.

Wildweasel74

Germany 7 Brazil 1 In Brazil
we not forget that one in a hurry

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Aerlik

Wakanohana beating his brother Takanohana to win the Emperor's Cup, leading to his promotion to Yokozuna.  1998, I think.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!