what was your favourite ever Gaa Discussion Board thread and why?

Started by stew, January 24, 2009, 11:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

I was wondering what peoples favourite thread ever was on the board, there have been some tremendous threads over the years and I was just wondering what you all thought the best of the best were.

Mine was when Fearon started the Biggles thread and half of OWC ended on over here, I was crying I was laughing so hard. :D :D :D

The Holly, aged 8 from kent thread was a cracker as well.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

I enjoyed the thread about Tony Fearon (GAABoard) and Mac (OWC) meeting up and calling a ceasefire. Was funny stuff.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone86

'What I like best about the GAA' on the old board http://web.archive.org/web/20030501224941/pub128.ezboard.com/fgaadiscussionboardfrm1.showMessage?topicID=98.topic
Nothing will ever come close, although the bard of dunclug thread did come close at several points.

brokencrossbar1

Tony's thread about booking the hotel on the wrong weekend was legendary, and along with things I like are the two best.

118cmal

I have to say I thought the original 'Questions you were afraid to ask' thread was one of the funniest things I've ever read!!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 25, 2009, 08:35:34 AM
Tony's thread about booking the hotel on the wrong weekend was legendary, and along with things I like are the two best.

'Things I like about' and Tony's boasting of booking the wrong weekend for the AIF are the top two. Bard of Dunclug (I believe Dunclug is Ulster Scot for own goal) deserves an honourable mention as does the Traveller Chicks one.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: muppet on January 25, 2009, 03:48:23 PM

'Things I like about' and Tony's boasting of booking the wrong weekend for the AIF are the top two. Bard of Dunclug (I believe Dunclug is Ulster Scot for own goal) deserves an honourable mention as does the Traveller Chicks one.

I agree. Just reading through the "Things I like..." thread it occurred to me - there's no way a thread like that would be repeated here now.

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tony Baloney

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 25, 2009, 03:58:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 25, 2009, 03:48:23 PM

I agree. Just reading through the "Things I like..." thread it occurred to me - there's no way a thread like that would be repeated here now.
It's 7 pages of gaa cliche so I don't see what the attraction is!

thebandit

Does anyone have a link to Tony's hotel booking thread, still my favourite!

T Fearon

Stew, Marty and his aviation career featured in a recent book entitled "Green and White Army", though his use of the jet for recreational purposes, at taxpayers expense, strangely enough didn't get a mention. I woinder why? ;D

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on January 26, 2009, 08:58:47 AM
Stew, Marty and his aviation career featured in a recent book entitled "Green and White Army", though his use of the jet for recreational purposes, at taxpayers expense, strangely enough didn't get a mention. I woinder why? ;D

Tony, I verified that story with a gaa board legend and a mate of wee marty's one day. Despite denials to the contrary that story is true bill. The biggles thing was class though. :D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

The bollix hasn't even taken us out for a jaunt ion the old jet yet! :D