Palestinian Flags in Croker: Yes/No

Started by macdanger2, August 07, 2014, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favour of people not being prevented from displaying the Palestinian flag in Croke Park?

Yes and I will be bringing a flag
13 (11.8%)
Yes but I won't be going this weekend
48 (43.6%)
No, these types of issues have no place in sport
42 (38.2%)
No, I wouldn't support the Palestinians on this
3 (2.7%)
Yes but I won't be bringing a flag this weekend
4 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: August 12, 2014, 05:17:12 PM

macdanger2

Just a poll to gauge people's views on this and how they will compare with what (if anything) happens on Sunday. Not intended as another discussion thread.

Personally I won't be there but I will bring one to the AISF v Kerry

macdanger2

Bump

Currently almost 2:1 in favour of Palestinian flags

Zip Code

There is no yes and I won't be bringing a flag!

AZOffaly

Fairly leading question on the 'No' side there. "No I won't be supporting the Palestinians on this" :)

How about "No, political demonstrations have no place at Croke Park" or "No, humanitarian demonstrations have no place at Croke Park".

You might as well add "No, I support the Israelis in all this"

macdanger2

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2014, 10:13:37 AM
Fairly leading question on the 'No' side there. "No I won't be supporting the Palestinians on this" :)

How about "No, political demonstrations have no place at Croke Park" or "No, humanitarian demonstrations have no place at Croke Park".

You might as well add "No, I support the Israelis in all this"

Eh, that's what the first "No" option is.

I figured there are likely to be two reasons for being against this 1) flags / demonstrations shouldn't be allowed at all 2) I disagree with this cause specifically. It seems as if most people who gave voted so far have been able to understand this. If you want an additional option added, let me know. If not, quit whinging for the sake of it

AZOffaly

Apologies oh great and wise one. I didn't cop the third option.

macdanger2

No bother. How'd you know my full title??  ;D

macdanger2

Seems to be evening out at just less than 60% in favour of flags being allowed although not a massive amount of people from on here planning on actually bringing one