Tyrone v Down USFC Semi Final Sat 19th June

Started by Fuzzman, May 25, 2010, 04:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Or Biddy's across the road..I do know thon Air conditioning up stairs was quare welcoming after the last one 8)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrone Dreamer

Can't see many changes for this one. A fit Gormley will start probably in place of Swift although based on form should be Harte. Number of players couldn't be that far away including Peter Harte, Coney,McGuigans,Mellon and McCullagh - 1 may get a start at expense of Dooher but if he's fully fit would be hard for Harte to drop him.

Would be good to see McGinley back soon to provide an option in midfield. Looking forward to what should be a decent game on Saturday.

omagh_gael

Team I would like:

Mc Comnell
Carlin
Justy
Swift
Ricey
Gormley
Jordan
Hub
Colm Cav
Dooher
Sean
Joey
Penrose
SoN
Mugsy

But honestly can't see Davey being dropped. Not that I think he is playing particularly poorly I just think it's between him and Ricey for the No 5 shirt and I'd prefer the Dromore man to start.
Again Petey Harte will more than likely come in for last 20 mins and would love to see Colly getting a run out.

ONeill

Do spectators go to the training any more? I remember when I lived at home I used to travel to Tyrone training on the Thurs before a game to see the manager's thinking, albeit under McCrory and Ball.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 15, 2010, 11:42:56 PM
Team I would like:

Mc Comnell
Carlin
Justy
Swift
Ricey
Gormley
Jordan
Hub
Colm Cav
Dooher
Sean
Joey
Penrose
SoN
Mugsy

But honestly can't see Davey being dropped. Not that I think he is playing particularly poorly I just think it's between him and Ricey for the No 5 shirt and I'd prefer the Dromore man to start.
Again Petey Harte will more than likely come in for last 20 mins and would love to see Colly getting a run out.

For me:

McConnell,
McCarron
Justin
Swift,
Nephew
Ricey
Model,
Hub
Colm,
Harte P
Sean
Joe
Penfold
O'Neill
Mugsy

I'd rather see Dooher as an impact sub. I don't think the Block could be up to speed.

Zapatista

Quote from: ONeill on June 15, 2010, 09:55:20 PM
I'd be surprised to see that. I'd imagine Joe McMahon would be the man for Marty and Justin on Coulter. Tyrone will have no interest in double teaming Coulter.

If Joe watching Clarke who's watching Joe   :o

I think Coulter is the only one who thinks Coulter will be doubled up on.

Fuzzman

Finally we're getting a bit of actual football chat on here

Things I'd like to see improved from Antrim game.
1. Hub & Colm get a better grip on MF. Colm should be catching more clean ball.
2. Mugsy continuing to get out in front but this time stop fumbling the ball each time which leads to him having to dispossess the defender again to get goals.
3. Sean imposing himself more from CHF or will he play MF
4. Seeing Red Sean much earlier or maybe even from the start
5. If Ricey or any other well established player is having a poor day get him off earlier as we need to be bringing the newer lads on this season.

Tyrone Dreamer

My worry with midfield is that Hub and Colm both seem to struggle to play for the 70 minutes. There is spells in the game particularly as it goes on (has happened during league) were we get dominated in midfield.

That's why its important McGinley come's back as he could be thrown in there in the second half. With the amount of forward options its not out of the question that Sean could end up midfield. Think Hub and Colm have did enough the last day to earn another go. Colm provide's height in midfield,we don't have many other players that do. Hopefully the last game and increased training will have brought on their fitness.

Tyrone Dreamer

It says in the telegraph that Ciaran Gourley is fit again. Is this right? I thought he was out for the season.

omagh_gael

ONeill

Sorry, def Carlin. I wonder if McCartan will stick McComiskey in the corner.

Redhand Santa

ONeill

The line-outs that famous night in Newry 2 years ago:

Tyrone:
J Devine,
R McMenamin, J McMahon, PJ Quinn,
D Harte, C Gourley, P Jordan,
C Gormley, R Mellon,
B Dooher, B McGuigan, C Cavanagh,
M Penrose, S Cavanagh, C McCullagh.

Down:
B McVeigh,
L Howard, D Gordon, D Rafferty,
A Carr, L Doyle, P Murphy,
J Lynch, A Rogers,
J Fegan, R Murtagh, D Hughes,
J Clarke, R Sexton, B Coulter.

Down heads, apart from Clarke is the team stronger now, especially in defence?

thewobbler

In terms of talent there isn't a whole lot in it. But the team is better organised now O'Neill, that's the main difference. Doyler didn't particularly mark anyone from CHB, but he played as a playmaker, while Colgan is a sweeper. King is a much more refined version of Lynch - a wee bit better in every department, plus he understands that he's the defensive midfielder. Five of the forward line then would have been full-forwards by nature. Hughes has developed as a wing-forward since, while M Clarke, Poland and Maginn are proper half-forwards.

snoopdog

Quote from: ONeill on June 16, 2010, 12:23:48 PM
The line-outs that famous night in Newry 2 years ago:

Tyrone:
J Devine,
R McMenamin, J McMahon, PJ Quinn,
D Harte, C Gourley, P Jordan,
C Gormley, R Mellon,
B Dooher, B McGuigan, C Cavanagh,
M Penrose, S Cavanagh, C McCullagh.

Down:
B McVeigh,
L Howard, D Gordon, D Rafferty,
A Carr, L Doyle, P Murphy,
J Lynch, A Rogers,
J Fegan, R Murtagh, D Hughes,
J Clarke, R Sexton, B Coulter.

Down heads, apart from Clarke is the team stronger now, especially in defence?

I would say our defence is stronger without  Liam Doyle oe Aiden Carr. Midfield and Forward line are better though even if still has a lot of the same components.

The Down posters are quiet because in all honesty i dont think any of us know what to expect we could as easily win this game as lose it. We need to get a good start, cant afford to let Tyrone have the start they got in omagh in 08. If its half the game we got in newry that night the pundits on RTE will be calling it the game of the season, still cant believe nobody showed that 2008 replay live.