Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Sure isn't it par for the course? It's triggered pages of discussion over two threads on here too. Same when people sang REBEL SONGS at a Wolfe Tones concert (I know, pearl clutching stuff) - pages and pages of debate on here about the "controversy". A few weeks ago, loyalist paramilitaries strongly hinted that they were considering ending their 1994 ceasefire and went further by issuing a direct threat to any southern politician that crossed the border and it barely caused a flutter of mentions, neither here nor anywhere else.

Now while Arlene's father was targeted by the IRA, I find it hard to muster much sympathy over what happened her in the video given her own long history of callous disregard for victims, be that her regular appearances standing beside active UDA paramilitaries for photo shoots or her staunch defence of the right of bandsmen to parade around Derry in uniforms bearing the Parachute Regiment insignia, for instance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Snapchap on November 23, 2022, 09:27:02 AM
Sure isn't it par for the course? It's triggered pages of discussion over two threads on here too. Same when people sang REBEL SONGS at a Wolfe Tones concert (I know, pearl clutching stuff) - pages and pages of debate on here about the "controversy". A few weeks ago, loyalist paramilitaries strongly hinted that they were considering ending their 1994 ceasefire and went further by issuing a direct threat to any southern politician that crossed the border and it barely caused a flutter of mentions, neither here nor anywhere else.

Now while Arlene's father was targeted by the IRA, I find it hard to muster much sympathy over what happened her in the video given her own long history of callous disregard for victims, be that her regular appearances standing beside active UDA paramilitaries for photo shoots or her staunch defence of the right of bandsmen to parade around Derry in uniforms bearing the Parachute Regiment insignia, for instance.

She'll use whatever thing that comes her way to show republicans/nationalist up and its daft to fuel that and that's what this girl did.

What's happening on the loyalist side also needs to be given headlines and those questions need to be asked and if they are not being asked by the stations in the north that needs to be challenged.

I never watch the news in the south to be honest (and generally wouldn't watch the news up here) , but do they challenge or even report on things regarding links with the DUP and the LCC?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 23, 2022, 08:54:04 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on November 22, 2022, 06:28:11 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 22, 2022, 06:19:57 PM
That Foster video made the news. Thats a bigger wtf.

I see the girl in question has invoked the worn out mental health card

Has it come out who she is?

Wouldn't it be funny if she  turned out to be a Protestant

Orior

I feel sorry for her. One moment of drink fueled madness has probably ruined for career. If she was a bigot like unionists suggest, then she wouldnt have went anywhere near snarlene.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armagh18

Quote from: Orior on November 23, 2022, 12:48:08 PM
I feel sorry for her. One moment of drink fueled madness has probably ruined for career. If she was a bigot like unionists suggest, then she wouldnt have went anywhere near snarlene.
Depends what she does I suppose. If she's self employed I'd say most people wouldnt be too worried and will be completely forgotten about this time next year anyway.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Orior on November 23, 2022, 12:48:08 PM

EH? Sure she was in to stick boot into her

imtommygunn

Quote from: Snapchap on November 23, 2022, 09:27:02 AM

Arlene's a bitter twisted idiot who no matter what she does comes up smelling of roses. However in this case it's not her doing.

Itchy

I think that was a pretty disgusting thing that girl did to Foster. Foster is a bigot and a nasty one at that. The way I look at it, her father was a soldier who was shot in a war when his daughter was 8 yrs old. That war is over. I think it is obscene to go to the daughter of that soldier and mock her chanting the name of the people who shot her father. Furthermore, i think any republican who supports such carry on or makes apologies for it is no republican in my book. And I say all that with having nothing but contempt for Foster as a politician but there has to be a line somewhere and it was crossed here.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on November 23, 2022, 01:54:09 PM
I think that was a pretty disgusting thing that girl did to Foster. Foster is a bigot and a nasty one at that. The way I look at it, her father was a soldier who was shot in a war when his daughter was 8 yrs old. That war is over. I think it is obscene to go to the daughter of that soldier and mock her chanting the name of the people who shot her father. Furthermore, i think any republican who supports such carry on or makes apologies for it is no republican in my book. And I say all that with having nothing but contempt for Foster as a politician but there has to be a line somewhere and it was crossed here.

Totally agree

general_lee

Agree with itchy. It was unnecessary, personal abuse.

imtommygunn

RedHand88

Quote from: Itchy on November 23, 2022, 01:54:09 PM

Yep.

Armagh18

Poor Arlene my heart is broke for her....

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 23, 2022, 02:29:17 PM
Poor Arlene my heart is broke for her....

I don't think anyone is saying that, but we need to be better than that if we want a UI of mutual respect.

Eire90

dont care about politics anymore better to treat it like the world cup and tune in election nigjht then turn it off for another 4 years or not bother at all.