FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

France will be the best outfit they've played in any of the tournaments in 2018, 2021 and this one. England are decent enough in fairness to them but have played 4 poor teams so far. If France had Benzema I'd be fairly certain France would win but think England could do it.

AustinPowers

I can't enjoy  this tournament until those backstards are out

Hopefully the  French will  do us  all a favour

Armamike

Still think England lack a bit of nous and leadership at the back that will cost them either against France or beyond that. They've got a chance though.
That's just, like your opinion man.

An Watcher

Does anyone really believe they can beat France, Spain/Portugal and then Brazil/Argentina.  The last time they got to the semi finals they beat colombia on penalties, Sweden and then lost to Croatia.  France resting the players against tunisia could stand to them.  Surprised England didn't do something similar against Wales as we all know England have thr strongest subs bench in the tournament  ::)

WT4E

Quote from: square_ball on December 04, 2022, 09:31:16 PM
France will be the best outfit they've played in any of the tournaments in 2018, 2021 and this one. England are decent enough in fairness to them but have played 4 poor teams so far. If France had Benzema I'd be fairly certain France would win but think England could do it.

If they played like that against the French for 35 mins they will French toast

johnnycool

Quote from: WT4E on December 05, 2022, 12:10:20 AM

I hope the French were watching, play MBappe out on the French right, give the ball to Harry Maguire at every opportunity and he'll pass it straight to MBappe..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on December 05, 2022, 09:08:02 AM
Quote from: WT4E on December 05, 2022, 12:10:20 AM

I hope the French were watching, play MBappe out on the French right, give the ball to Harry Maguire at every opportunity and he'll pass it straight to MBappe..

;D ;D ;D

I think Harry (if he has any sense) will start seeing stars early on, before a ball is actually kicked and off he'll come, for the good of his country
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Norf Tyrone

Complete change of subject.

Are there any decent bars in Belfast to watch the football this Saturday? Google is telling me Franklins. Any thoughts?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Armagh18

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 05, 2022, 09:23:40 AM

Are there any decent bars in Belfast to watch the football this Saturday? Google is telling me Franklins. Any thoughts?
The points should have it, good music in it as well

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 05, 2022, 09:37:03 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 05, 2022, 09:23:40 AM

The points should have it, good music in it as well

The Garrick had it, but no one was really watching, Franklins is a big sports bar, would imagine its pricy enough, not one I'd really go into but have been in past plenty of screens.. Sweet Afton have a load of screens and decent grub too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

PENALTIES Japan v Croatia on now.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 05, 2022, 05:37:01 PM
PENALTIES Japan v Croatia on now.
Poorly taken penalties by Japan.  Croatia do well in major tournaments in fairness to them.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

That was about the worst collective set of penalties I've ever seen. Shocking from Japan.

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on December 05, 2022, 05:46:00 PM
That was about the worst collective set of penalties I've ever seen. Shocking from Japan.

It is amazing how a skilled team can fall on one particular small skill.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B