Pat Spillane a disgrace at the way he treated Tohill

Started by Louper, July 17, 2007, 01:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Dont like to constantly criticse RTE but I think they have made 2 bad calls in relation to the qualifiers. Firstly theyre only showing the Meath Galway game on Saturday. The camera's are in the ground and it would have been nice for the double header to be on live. Maybe the GAA were afraid it would effect the attendance. The second one is the following Saturday theyre showing Derry Laois. I would have thought it would have been obvious to show Donegal Monaghan which looks like the better game on paper. It would also be guarenteed a big crowd even with TV coverage.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: hardstation on July 18, 2007, 03:06:51 PM
Maybe if Tohill could speak English, he would get more time to give his views. Someone should tell him that it is 'I saw' and 'I have seen'. He constantly gets it wrong and bugs the life out of me.
Tohill sounds like he has graduated from 'Finishing school' when compared to some of the rest of his family (complete knuckle draggers)

Loup Bandit

Tohill would give Spillane a good kicking. Far bigger.

Gold

No i think the most important players for the Dubs to keep fit if they are gonna win Sam are defo big Charles Whelan and Alex Brogan
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

darbyo

I'm watching the Aussie rules on Setanta at the moment and I always watch the American Football during the winter, the contrast with their commentators and ours is truly striking. I always get the impression that the commentators of those sports are men who are commenting on their sporting passion, not simply doing a job. Their guys give me the impression that if they were sitting at home flicking through the TV channels and they came across a game they would drop everything else and watch it, Ger Canning/Marty Morrissey sound like guys that would rather be anywhere else but at the game. When you watch a bad US or Aussie football game the commentators generally give you interesting nuggets of info. or some such which helps retain your interest, the RTE lads just moan ad nausea about how poor the game is. As for accuracy of information, don't get me started, Marty Morrissey got the players names wrong, the reason that frees were given etc. repeatedly yesterday, he almost ruined a good game for me. Daragh Moloney is the only fella worth his salt.

Barney

RTE switched to a double-header yesterday so that they could show the hurling QFs next Saturday. They will not be showing either Laois/Derry or Donegal/Monaghan.

From the Bunker

I have found that irish commentators are not neutral in their views. Marty Morrisey will give comments like "we are nearly home now" at the end of a match, where the underdog is winning!