All Ireland u17 & u20 2022

Started by omagh_gael, April 22, 2022, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Thought that side overachieved winning Ulster and half expected this today. I hope Derry go on to win it. Coupled with the MacRory success, the future is bright for them as well as ourselves.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: ONeill on June 11, 2022, 09:15:04 PM
Thought that side overachieved winning Ulster and half expected this today. I hope Derry go on to win it. Coupled with the MacRory success, the future is bright for them as well as ourselves.
I didn't see the Tyrone game but was surprised that they were kept to such a low score today , I saw them against  Donegal in the  semi final as well as the Ulster Final and they had  some serious quality in the forward line in McElohm  and Grimes amongst others.

Wildweasel74

Derry should clocked 18pts, a few lads keep trying to work for goals instead just taking the points on offer.

Blowitupref

Galway 0-10 Dublin 0-7. That's three of the provincial winners out at the Quarter final stage. Good recovery win for Galway having lost the Connacht final on Sunday.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

marty34

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 12, 2022, 01:53:53 PM
Galway 0-10 Dublin 0-7. That three of the provincial winners out at the Quarter final stage. Good recovery win for Galway having lost the Connacht final on Sunday.

Another very low scoring minor game.

Blowitupref

Quote from: marty34 on June 12, 2022, 02:09:53 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 12, 2022, 01:53:53 PM
Galway 0-10 Dublin 0-7. That three of the provincial winners out at the Quarter final stage. Good recovery win for Galway having lost the Connacht final on Sunday.

Another very low scoring minor game.

After 4 attempts the last Quarter final wasn't Mayo 3-18 Kildare 3-12.

Semi final line up

Mayo v Kerry
Derry v Galway

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Maroon Manc

Galway much the better team against Dublin especially after the opening 15 mins. Galway missed a pen and butchered plenty of other goal opportunities, they did well to recover after only last losing to Mayo 6 days previously.

marty34

Good south Derry man playing mid-field for Galway.

I hear he's a great talent - young lad too.

Should be a good game.

Any venue or date yet?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: marty34 on June 13, 2022, 11:34:57 AM
Good south Derry man playing mid-field for Galway.

I hear he's a great talent - young lad too.

Should be a good game.

Any venue or date yet?

Don't think you'll see too many 15 year olds his size, certainly looks a talent.

Cunny Funt

U17 Semi finals set for Saturday 25th of June. Anyone's guess why they couldn't be on the build with the senior quarter finals in Croke Park.

Galway v Derry 1pm in Parnell park
Mayo v Kerry 2:45pm O'Conner park

marty34

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 15, 2022, 03:32:03 PM
U17 Semi finals set for Saturday 25th of June. Anyone's guess why they couldn't be on the build with the senior quarter finals in Croke Park.

Gaa, at the top level, is out of touch, especially these days.

Do Derry supporters have to buy another ticket for this game ?

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: marty34 on June 15, 2022, 04:57:34 PM

Looking like it unless they can come to some arrangement where your ticket for Croke Park gains you entry into this game. But this is the GAA we are talking about so Christ only knows. Expect to have to pay again to get into this one.

Maroon Manc

Galway supporters expected to travel up to Dublin twice in 2 days, an absolute joke. They caused themselves a problem when they put Galway & Derry on different days.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 15, 2022, 05:14:43 PM

Do Derry supporters have to buy another ticket for this game?

Galway supporters expected to travel up to Dublin twice in 2 days, an absolute joke. They caused themselves a problem when they put Galway & Derry on different days.

That would have meant Dublin and Kerry/Mayo being the curtain-raiser to one of the other games and god forbid that would happen. If Kerry or Dublin were in the first game of the day would their supporters stay on for the second game? Or am I being unfair?

Cunny Funt

Yes charging 10€ for adults and 5€ for students for the minor games.