Price of a Pint

Started by toby47, October 13, 2021, 09:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

So due to head to friends holiday home near Dunfanaghy at the weekend, might be off now as unfortunately for her she's tested positive for covid..

So was looking at other homes around that area, obviously some decent priced places, but came across one, 2 nights, 3 bedroom £2,120!!!  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 27, 2022, 10:30:12 PM
So due to head to friends holiday home near Dunfanaghy at the weekend, might be off now as unfortunately for her she's tested positive for covid..

So was looking at other homes around that area, obviously some decent priced places, but came across one, 2 nights, 3 bedroom £2,120!!!  ;D

Surely nobody would pay that?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on June 27, 2022, 10:55:18 PM

I hope not, was on booking.com
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 16, 2022, 12:57:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2022, 12:51:22 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on June 16, 2022, 12:27:40 PM
Going to be in Dublin shortly with a few relatives doing some touristy type things. Where's decent for a few pints in or near the city centre that's reasonable as Dublin prices go?

Plenty of talk about the price of a pint in Belfast but you'd be hard push to find a cheap pint in Dublin, especially south of the Liffey, plenty of put that I like O'Donoghues Bar, McDaids good few on or near Dame street Keoghs pub good old fashioned pub..

Ah, need to get down for some Guinness soon
Dublins always been known to be dear for a pint though, Belfast seems to have went totally bonkers price wise since lockdown.
Had Guinness in Kehoe's in Dublin recently - €5.90 a pint.
Harbour Master in IFSC was €6.20.

Jim Bob

Quote from: clarshack on June 27, 2022, 10:55:18 PM

Do they stick with that price in the hope that some sucker will pay it?
Can't see idea of these ridiculous prices if they can't get what they re asking

An Watcher

Anyone been to Galway recently?  Expensive?  Hopefully not dublin prices!

markl121

a Guinness and a Heineken in the auld triangle the other week for the quarter final was 10.50euro  Surprised me tbh for Dublin prices. was paying 12 sterling in Belfast later on in the night

Hound

Quote from: markl121 on July 04, 2022, 08:19:07 PM
a Guinness and a Heineken in the auld triangle the other week for the quarter final was 10.50euro  Surprised me tbh for Dublin prices. was paying 12 sterling in Belfast later on in the night
If this thread is correct, Belfast is more expensive for pints than Dublin

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on July 04, 2022, 08:31:59 PM

What establishment in Belfast you paid £12

Saffrongael

Was in Dublin couple of weeks ago and it's similar to Belfast
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 04, 2022, 08:41:20 PM
Was in Dublin couple of weeks ago and it's similar to Belfast

Was in Dublin 2 beers and club sandwich (room service) €52

BrotherMore6592

The whole accommodation sector  is away to f*ck and now up here is just as bad as "down south", previously it would also have been dear.

One night in Galway for the races, anything left on booking.com is looking £400+ for the Friday night,  for two people lol. Some craic

The fact that pints in Belfast can be as dear as Dublin says it all. The two cities don't compare at all.

Ireland is just simply undo-able and I would not give over 150 a night to any establishment. Maybe Dublin for special occasions but that's cos it has a lot going for it.

Places like Donegal charging this is just hilarious. If it rains you're f*cked. And don't tell me anything different. Put on your rain coat surely and go for a hike / walk but sure it's miserable as.

general_lee

Saw a place in Kerry charging €3.90 for a Guinness! I'd near drive the length of the country to give them my custom!

shantygael

Was there too after derry and dub games last  week,stayed there most of the night as was reasonable enough for dub prices before  heading to temple bar and paying 7 euro  for  a pint. Some establishments in that area charge over 8 euro.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

markl121

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 04, 2022, 08:35:03 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 04, 2022, 08:31:59 PM

What establishment in Belfast you paid £12
Fibber Magees, even the Hatfield last week was 5.90