Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
9 (47.4%)
?
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

marty34

How many are expected at the games on the Saturday?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on June 13, 2022, 10:58:54 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 13, 2022, 10:26:24 PM
Tickets on sale at 10am ONLINE ONLY!!

Heard that. Why not let clubs put in batch orders and have all the underage kids enjoying the games sitting together?

Maybe 10k from Derry?

Wildweasel74

Be no where near as many as the ulster final, travel distance. Saturday,

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 14, 2022, 10:28:33 AM

Yeah sat a hoor for young lads especially working

Estimator

You're forgetting the bandwagon that has been hitched on.

A day out in Dublin, on Saturday, no work (for some) the following day. Only ourselves heading that direction.
Championship QF in Croke Park - was the 2007 QF the last time we had big C'ship game there?

Realistically its only another hour on down the road from Clones on better roads, without the tailbacks and hassles of Clones, Aughnacloy, Fivemiletown etc.

Could draw out more supporters, not less.
Ulster League Champions 2009

JoG2

They'll be a big number travelling going on general chat around the clubs. Ticketmaster making a pretty penny today. GAA don't do themselves any favours in the PR department

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Estimator on June 14, 2022, 10:44:20 AM

A day out in Dublin, on Saturday, no work (for some) the following day. Only ourselves heading that direction.
Championship QF in Croke Park - was the 2007 QF the last time we had big C'ship game there?

Realistically its only another hour on down the road from Clones on better roads, without the tailbacks and hassles of Clones, Aughnacloy, Fivemiletown etc.

I was at the Semi final v Kerry 2004.  Very poor crowd and it was a Saturday but Kerry dont travel much unless its a final, different buzz this time. Paul Galvin destroyed us that day

shawshank

People also knew we hadn't a chance in hell of beating Kerry. This is different, there is no team on our side of the draw that we can't beat if we get it right on the day.

Estimator

Quote from: shawshank on June 14, 2022, 11:41:48 AM
People also knew we hadn't a chance in hell of beating Kerry. This is different, there is no team on our side of the draw that we can't beat if we get it right on the day.

We'd a decent run of games that year, after being beat by Tyrone. The only one I didn't get to that year was the Wicklow match.
And Muldoon did give us a bit of hope at the start of the Kerry game, but it was always going to be an uphill struggle.
Ulster League Champions 2009

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 14, 2022, 11:20:13 AM

I was at the Semi final v Kerry 2004.  Very poor crowd and it was a Saturday but Kerry dont travel much unless its a final, different buzz this time. Paul Galvin destroyed us that day

That game was on a Sunday. O'Sullivan ran the show for Kerry, incredible player

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on June 14, 2022, 01:22:27 PM

Ah you might be right, I was down whole weekend, O'Sullivan was good but i couldnt believe Galvins running ability that day.

Wildweasel74

Not that I been a season ticket holder recently, but having to go on ticketmaster with a free for all, instead of getting a centre block ticket would put a person of getting season tickets, it's no longer value for money anyway. Gaa could went through the clubs but always go with the cheaper/lazy option via ticketmaster who are not doing it out of their love of gaa, wonder their cut on tickets.

onefineday

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 14, 2022, 01:59:06 PM

Ah you might be right, I was down whole weekend, O'Sullivan was good but i couldnt believe Galvins running ability that day.
Galvin was man of the match iirc. I'd never heard of him before! Crowd was high 30's or very low 40's - not many Kerry. Great qualifier run that year, think I saw them all, Wicklow included (and think we'd lost to Wicklow earlier that year in the league?).
Fermanagh v mayo replay? was on the Saturday.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 14, 2022, 01:59:06 PM

He was unreal that day ,From memory Frances McEldowney had the unfortunate task of trying to mark him.

restorepride

Enjoy the week ahead and get the flags out. Proud day for Doire Gaels on Saturday no matter about results. We go in as Ulster Champions for the first time since 1998. A hard road back with fabulous work done behind the scenes at all levels to get Seniors and Minors to the top table again. Pride restored. Sin é, slán. Bain sult as an lá. Doire abú!