?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

restorepride

Quote from: Real Talk on March 13, 2022, 04:18:05 PM
Still unbeaten ... just heard McGuigan was pinned to the ground for the last 10mins ...
If true that Shane was sent off, anybody know if it was on 2 yellows or straight red?

toby47

Quote from: restorepride on March 13, 2022, 05:52:49 PM
Still unbeaten ... just heard McGuigan was pinned to the ground for the last 10mins ...
If true that Shane was sent off, anybody know if it was on 2 yellows or straight red?

2 yellows

restorepride

Quote from: toby47 on March 13, 2022, 06:01:06 PM
Quote from: restorepride on March 13, 2022, 05:52:49 PM

2 yellows
Thanks. Will need him v Gaillimh!

Wildweasel74

Sort worrying we basically down to 1 scoring forward. Hard to believe we had a forward line one time of Lynch 2 Bradley, Muldoon, def need 2 scoring forwards to emerge in Derry in the nxt few yrs.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 13, 2022, 06:17:37 PM
Sort worrying we basically down to 1 scoring forward. Hard to believe we had a forward line one time of Lynch 2 Bradley, Muldoon, def need 2 scoring forwards to emerge in Derry in the nxt few yrs.

Is loughlin considered one?

toby47

Quote from: NotedObserver on March 13, 2022, 06:19:24 PM

Personally, i wouldn't say he is at county level.

restorepride

But hardly a surprise - we have been lacking for a long time. Good reality check today though still on an upward curve. They deserve great support v Gaillimh now.

galwayman

I fear for us next week to be honest.
We have been beyond shite the past few weeks.
Also seems as if Walsh is carrying an injury and we are limited in the extreme if he is held.
Himself Sean Kelly and Paul Conroy are our only 3 truly marquee players.

Wildweasel74

But is it the way derry club teams are set up, and underage at clubs that the art of scoring been overlooked by very athletic ball carrying/ hand passing type of game but in tight games at county level that few players that can score is needed encase u only option is closed out. Why do Kerry, Dublin, Galway and Tyrone seem to regularly produce scoring forwards. It got to be the way their game played and set up at a very young age. How come it takes a keeper to take frees and 45 these days.

lenny

Quote from: restorepride on March 13, 2022, 06:58:25 PM
But hardly a surprise - we have been lacking for a long time. Good reality check today though still on an upward curve. They deserve great support v Gaillimh now.

Correct, hopefully big support there next Sunday. It's looking like a do or die game for us. If we win we're almost definitely up. If we lose though it more than likely rules us out of promotion.

JoG2

I'd say they'll be a good crowd in next Sunday. Really looking forward to this one. We're in a very good position, hopefully do the business next week.

lenny

Quote from: JoG2 on March 13, 2022, 08:29:29 PM
I'd say they'll be a good crowd in next Sunday. Really looking forward to this one. We're in a very good position, hopefully do the business next week.

We're in a good position but if we lose on Sunday it's out of our hands. Galway would be up on 12 points and in a position to rest players for their last game v Roscommon. Having said all that it wouldn't be the end of the world for us to have another season in division 2. I'd still like another promotion though.

Wildweasel74

To further progress we have to go up. Another Yr in the division may be no good if both Tyrone and Dublin come down, you likely be stuck their another Yr.

Man Marker

All those Ulster medals between them they were so good. Muldoon the only one from 98 where he played at mf.

lenny

Quote from: toby47 on March 13, 2022, 06:26:53 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on March 13, 2022, 06:19:24 PM

Personally, i wouldn't say he is at county level.

Loughlin has the capability to be a good, scoring forward. Young Murray looks like he's going to be very good as does Matthew Downey but they may not feature too much more this year. We need more consistent scoring from Benny Heron and Paul Cassidy who are both capable. What a shame Danny isn't still on the panel as he would be good for 2 or 3 points a game from half forward. Ben Mccarron has potential also and I was a bit disappointed that mcmonagle wasn't called up as he had that bit of real pace and trickery that we're lacking. I know he'd need to beef up a bit but he could've been called up this year with a view to him featuring next year.