?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

quit yo jibbajabba

bannside

But not just that, though that shouldn't need clarified. My comment about "topping the pile by a distance" may be OTT, fair enough, (simply because how could anyone quantify what goes on in the other 31 counties)  but maybe you would prefer if I say the rate of unsavoury incidents in club matches in Derry club GAA is a bit on the high side. Would that brush it far enough under your carpet?

quit yo jibbajabba

Thanks again.

Nothin bein swept under the carpet here chap just callin you out on yer bullshit.

bannside

It may have been a very broad statement, but I can only let you away with calling it bullshit because there is no way of quantifying what I said. On those grounds I'm ugly enough to accept that. Are you big enough to accept that the discipline in Derry GAA is atrocious, and if your admin don't get it's act together very soon and get it's house in order, someone will get very badly injured or worse?

quit yo jibbajabba

Id say yer man that got his leg broke at the hurling a while ago would argue it already has. Little doubt discipline could be improved. Id hazard a guess most counties would be the same though as i havent the stats to back it up i cant say that for sure.  Have a read of the Trone thread when league seasons in full swing.

cuyahoga

cuyahoga

F-T Slaughtneil 4-12, Ballinascreen 1-11

JoG2

They have serious runners all over the pitch starting with McNeil Rogers and K McKaigue right up to the McGuigans up in the inside forward line. Very assured performance today. The 2 first half goals killed off any chance Screen had.

Shane McGuigan, very good today got motm, though I'd have given it to Pauric Cassidy, covered every blade, run through the heart of the Screen middle again and again and used the ball very well with his foot passing

theticklemister

Is it fairto say Swatragh are the second best team in the county?

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: theticklemister on September 24, 2017, 07:13:16 PM

Yes.

In the same way Derry are the third best team in the country.

restorepride

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on September 24, 2017, 07:53:48 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on September 24, 2017, 07:13:16 PM

Yes.

In the same way Derry are the third best team in the country.

Good one. Lol!

Billy Magoo

Mickey Moran - what a legend. 4 in a row champions!!!!

restorepride

Slaughtneil very impressive today although Screen will be disappointed with their performance, poor start and never really recovered. Primary possession from kick outs was one of Slaughtneil's strengths, strong running from midfield really cut open Screen's defence for the goals. Rodgers, Chrissy and Sammy were excellent in first half and the game was effectively over at halftime. 4-12 is a big return in a final, they may even be better than last year?

Link

Very impressive by slaughtneil today. All the usual suspects played their part. McGrath stood out with a number of lung busting runs to get on the end of kick outs. McMullan's kick outs very good and very accurate especially with the short ones when there didn't seem to be much space.

Might be easier said than done but to beat slaughtneil a team will need to force them kick more 50/50s especially from their kick outs. gifting them possession from kick outs allows them to build quite easily and they rarely force anything in the attacking end. I wonder is there a club in ireland that have as many top class runners.

Thought the ref was very sore on screen. Some obvious fouls not blown and a potential black cards ignored.

I feel it's going to take a huge bad day at the office for slaughtneil to be beat in derry over the next 2-3 years. 

Uncle Phil

Well summed up Link.

Really feel for our lads because they could never get into the game and show what they could do.

Thought our tactics were lacking, and the sweeper system didn't work effectively.

However, there's no doubt that the better team won. Slaughtneil were seriously good from start to finish. A level above Screen and anyone else I've seen this year. I was so impressed with them.

Clinical, disciplined, focused, well conditioned. Hard to see anyone beating them any time soon.

Sammy, the McKaigue's, Rodgers et al were fantastic, and played their roles perfectly.

Twin, Patsy and Round Head were steadying the ship all game too with some really smart play.

Not to mention the talent coming off the Slaughtneil bench, most of whom would start on any club team in Ulster imo.

Then you have Moran overseeing proceedings, and it completes the perfect jigsaw.

Thought the referee was a joke with some of his decisions against Screen. But this didn't contribute to the result.

Best of luck to Slaughtneil in Ulster, they look even better than last year and will take some stopping.