Pedophiles in Hollywood

Started by The Iceman, October 30, 2017, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Surprised not to read anything on here yet about this?
Allegations against Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, Second Mile charity for underprivileged kids started by Sandusky in the late 70s is now at the center of an investigation. Corey Feldman's talk of this for years.... references throughout award ceremonies about it. Seems to be widespread.
This is genuinely not about point point scoring. I know the Church should be held to a higher standard than hollywood and the church should be a safe place. Just wondering why no outcry from the folks on here who would be usually very vocal about it?
Is it just expected in Hollywood?
What's the response now? stop watching films?
Pedophilia is Pedophilia...whether in the boy scouts the church or hollywood. Surely the widespread response should be the same?
did I miss a thread?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

I imagine it's probably to do with the fact that most of us weren't baptised in Hollywood, weren't educated under the supervision of Hollywood, didn't go to Hollywood for an hour every week to hear about how awful we all are and can only be saved through Hollywood.

See the difference?

T Fearon

Paedophiles are everywhere as those Facebook stings show,in every organisation and walk of life.It is quite clear that no organisation managed them effectively back in the day though,but that does not mean they were in any way complicit with their evil activities.

stew

Quote from: The Iceman on October 30, 2017, 01:49:55 PM
Surprised not to read anything on here yet about this?
Allegations against Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, Second Mile charity for underprivileged kids started by Sandusky in the late 70s is now at the center of an investigation. Corey Feldman's talk of this for years.... references throughout award ceremonies about it. Seems to be widespread.
This is genuinely not about point point scoring. I know the Church should be held to a higher standard than hollywood and the church should be a safe place. Just wondering why no outcry from the folks on here who would be usually very vocal about it?
Is it just expected in Hollywood?
What's the response now? stop watching films?
Pedophilia is Pedophilia...whether in the boy scouts the church or hollywood. Surely the widespread response should be the same?
did I miss a thread?

A lot of people will politicise this situation, to many, me included,  think Hollywood is a hotbed for Liberal fuckwits who seem to think they can tell us how to vote and how we should live our lives, now more then ever they disgust me because now they are crawling out of the woodwork to throw their own under he bus, I am happy they are doing it but they sat on their hands because they might hurt their careers, and that is weak and pathetic.

Hollywood is like every other multi billion dollar entity in that at all levels it has Paedophiles, rapists, abusers etc in their ranks, they are no different from say Government entities like the Judiciary of policing bodies, what set Hollywood apart is that these bastards pontificate at award ceremonies and preach to the rest of us whilst they fawn over each other and say nothing about what they know about scandalous issues in Hollywood because it could hurt their careers.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on October 30, 2017, 01:53:45 PM
I imagine it's probably to do with the fact that most of us weren't baptised in Hollywood, weren't educated under the supervision of Hollywood, didn't go to Hollywood for an hour every week to hear about how awful we all are and can only be saved through Hollywood.

See the difference?

so the abuse of children doesn't matter in this instance?
you don't pay money to hollywood regularly? no cinema trips, or movie purchases, no tv? daily? weekly? allow them in your home through that little box? look up to actors?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

I thought you weren't looking to point score? You asked a very open question, I gave you an answer.

(Don't be confused, none of us were under the illusion you were trying to do anything OTHER THAN point score, as part of your misguided attempt to equate the historical sex abuse perpetuated by individuals and institutions within the church that we were brought up with as part of our lives on a daily basis and abuse committed by individuals in positions of power in the entertainment industry, which we're all much further away from than the church.)

gallsman

Hey Iceman, the Tom Humphries case obviously attracted a lot of attention and coverage here over the last couple of weeks. I'll gladly wager your local papers in Seattle or wherever it is didn't cover it at all. WHY AREN'T YOU OUTRAGED BY THIS?!

The above is a joke by the way, illustrating how proximity to events influences the frequency and visibility with which they are covered. You of course know and understand this because you're not a complete f**king idiot, but acknowledging it would get in the way of your "I'm so f**king persecuted as a Catholic" whinge.

The Iceman

I don't live in Seattle. And you have a chip on your shoulder with me for some reason which clouds all of your posts towards me.
I'm happy to IM and sort it out. You're very angry all the time lad.

There is no point scoring because there is no winner here. I just don't know why Hollywood gets off the hook? If the people are concerned for the safety of children it should extend to Hollywood as an institution.

The Iceman

and it has nothing to do with "persecuted catholics" I've shared my stance on the abuse within the church, i've been very clear about it, I've shared that extended family members were abused and there are deep scars there.
All abuse is wrong. I just don't know why its not wrong in this instant? Why not the same outcry?
Is it because the people who have called for the heads of people in the catholic church don't really care about the children that were abused? And just have axes to grind with the church? Because if their concern for children was genuine why would it not extend to all children?

my concern for aborted children extends to all children. my concern for the protection of life extends to all life...

gallsman

That's why I said "Seattle or wherever it is".

You're very clearly out to point score. You've now gone a step further and implied that because there isn't the level of clamouring for heads to roll (yet) then the concern for children expressed previously in meters rendering to the church wasn't genuine or heartfelt. Lad.

gallsman

Ah, so now are you not only upset about the level of clamouring not being sufficient for you, you've now decided to to insinuate that everyone thinks these cases of abuse in Hollywood are "not wrong".

You're a complete f**king disgrace. Like Fearon, you're a Christian by numbers. I'm embarrassed for you.

nrico2006

Rose McGowan was one of the early starters on this, she seemingly got a bit of hush hush money in the 90s yet there are loads of pictures of her cosying up to Weinstein in the noughties.  Strange. 

Alot of accusations going about, Bruno Langley sacked by Coronation Street at the weekend too.  Scary stuff, I would expect there to be evidence produced against me tomorrow if I was charged with robbery for example, but in these cases it seems that one persons word counts more than another.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

I can't see how it wouldn't be seen as disgusting, and I doubt anyone on here would think otherwise, the differences lie with the church being seen as refuge, a safe haven, the hub of the community, a place where you were made welcome and safe! Someone to talk to when times were hard and to confess your sins to...

As it panned out for a lot of people this was the worst place you could possibly have been, with the cases of abuse in all areas that the church was involved in, orphanages, care homes, in the community... places where you were meant to feel safe.....

Hollywood, there is nothing about Hollywood that would make me feel that that was a place to be safe in... The Casting couch was known for years, anyone that didn't think that stuff didn't go on is living in cloud cuckoo land
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2017, 03:35:58 PM
I can't see how it wouldn't be seen as disgusting, and I doubt anyone on here would think otherwise, the differences lie with the church being seen as refuge, a safe haven, the hub of the community, a place where you were made welcome and safe! Someone to talk to when times were hard and to confess your sins to...

As it panned out for a lot of people this was the worst place you could possibly have been, with the cases of abuse in all areas that the church was involved in, orphanages, care homes, in the community... places where you were meant to feel safe.....

Hollywood, there is nothing about Hollywood that would make me feel that that was a place to be safe in... The Casting couch was known for years, anyone that didn't think that stuff didn't go on is living in cloud cuckoo land
I agree with your first two paragraphs. I question though the last one. So because a lot of people knew about it, is it just viewed as "part of the business"?

Frank_The_Tank

I haven't read much on the Spacey incident but what is it he allegedly done to the guy?  Is it not going to be very hard to prove a lot of this stuff in court?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience