Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Minors were 1-6 to 0-1 down at a stage I seen. If they'd have got off to a better start who knows? Add to that the players that could have been there but weren't.

In another county there'd be proper build up and interest in these games. In Antrim it was just another game that needed played. Our support base is shocking
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 27, 2015, 02:10:31 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2015, 02:01:45 PM
The minors did very well up until about 50 minutes NAH though Dublin pulled away a bit in the end. It sounded like a decent enough performance though still a defeat obviously but at least we put up a good fight.

Who do the u21s play now? Is it wexford or munster winners? Much tighter against derry then we'd care for it I guess but hopefully they can push on. Campbell still u21 - seems to have been about a long time.

Yeah Tommy
Play Wexford on 12 sept
They will be looking for revenge Imm sure from the last semi
I was following Dublin minor game on Twitter ( club commitments ) they where 4 points in it halfway into second half
Did Dublin find another's gear or did our lads tire
11 points isn't the worst beating we got
Seems to be lot of those minors will make good seniors
Sorry for going of track and asking about something relevant to the future

It's much more interesting than "the truth" NAH!

Yeah it was tight up to the 40-50 minutes but then they pulled away. I think sometimes, even if we're close to the level of southern teams, we tire a bit as they've more games against higher quality opposition and are much mroe up to the pace of the game due to that.

Wexford are handy - that FF wil be hard to watch. 1-10 against KK plus assists in a fe wother goals and setting up a lot. He cleaned the senior team out last year.

north_antrim_hound

Thanks for the report tommy
Yeah fitness levels and sometimes we have to work harder than the other team to try and contain them which expends energy
If Dublin go deeper into the minor championship we can take some heart from it

Wexford might be a bridge to far this time but a close final score would be good
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

imtommygunn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 27, 2015, 02:39:38 PM
Thanks for the report tommy
Yeah fitness levels and sometimes we have to work harder than the other team to try and contain them which expends energy
If Dublin go deeper into the minor championship we can take some heart from it

Wexford might be a bridge to far this time but a close final score would be good

I wasn't at it but just followed it on twitter.Don't get to as many games as I would like these days unfortunately.

Be interesting to see how the dubs do later on alright.

Yes I think the u21s have a tough task but then you never know as I think we would have said that the year we made the final. I think this wexford crop of u21s is the best to come out of their county for a while and they've high hopes for them in their county. Still - you never know. 

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Hate to say this but u21s are going to get smashed. They didnt impress too much against Derry who didnt get the opportunity to train together before that match.

at least 15 points

MoChara

From what I heard of the minor game Dublin ran away with it and took their foot of the pedal and when Antrim came back to within reach Dublin took off again.

hurlingstick

U16's will pay £2 into all Championship games this summer. Disgraceful! Discuss ....

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 27, 2015, 03:05:36 PM
Hate to say this but u21s are going to get smashed. They didnt impress too much against Derry who didnt get the opportunity to train together before that match.

at least 15 points

Unfortunately, I think the above is the reality.

Fair play to the minors. Again, like others here, was only following it on twitter but at 1-4 to 0-0 after 8 minutes was fearing the worse. Impressive enough that they were able to get back into it and to stay competitive after the break. All too often we struggle manfully for the first half and the opposition kills us off with a few quick goals after the resumption. It seems we kept going for the full game here, which hasn't often been the case with our minors and the players (and management) deserve credit for it.

MoChara

Quote from: hurlingstick on July 27, 2015, 03:54:18 PM
U16's will pay £2 into all Championship games this summer. Disgraceful! Discuss ....

When and by who did this get decided?

hurlingstick

Quote from: MoChara on July 27, 2015, 05:35:43 PM

When and by who did this get decided?

I would assume this is within the remit of the County Board.

getevennotcross

Quote from: theskull1 on July 27, 2015, 12:22:54 PM
"The Truth" ..... that's funny....it's almost as if there's one version of "The Truth"
3 Versions of the truth, yours, mine and the actual truth.  Up to others to decide then.

paddyjohn

So me & the wife & the 3 kids need to pay £26 to watch a county final? Think I'll follow it on Twitter!

Two Hands FFS

Thats a very good Wexford U21 team who'll be looking to win the All Ireland. We have some good hurlers but I dont think we have everyone who is available to us.

The minors obviously faded in the last 15 minutes. Lost a few players to injury which was a big less...especially James McNaughton who is a super hurler

wino

hard luck to the minors some good work being done, unlucky with injuries but a fair effort. under 21's - cant see it happening here, we beat 2 very average teams with little or no preparation and whilst we have some great hurlers, you get out what you put in and there is no leadership from management and CB, just ticking another box. To be honest 3 weeks before the 1st u21 game KR wasn't aware of some of the best hurlers we had at this grade. As for seniors, its a complete joke and as a county we are a laughing stock.
I agree a lot with what MR2 has said, no question the manager has to go, but more importantly the whole CB needs a good shake up, some good men in here but others with different agendas. It seems to be that instead of getting things right too many are happy to take the easy option most of the time and leave it to others who are left to do what they want.
1 example £2 for under 16's into games is disgraceful.
theres only one way to sort it, put yourself forward for CB, make a difference.

getevennotcross

Quote from: wino on July 27, 2015, 09:30:20 PM
hard luck to the minors some good work being done, unlucky with injuries but a fair effort. under 21's - cant see it happening here, we beat 2 very average teams with little or no preparation and whilst we have some great hurlers, you get out what you put in and there is no leadership from management and CB, just ticking another box. To be honest 3 weeks before the 1st u21 game KR wasn't aware of some of the best hurlers we had at this grade. As for seniors, its a complete joke and as a county we are a laughing stock.
I agree a lot with what MR2 has said, no question the manager has to go, but more importantly the whole CB needs a good shake up, some good men in here but others with different agendas. It seems to be that instead of getting things right too many are happy to take the easy option most of the time and leave it to others who are left to do what they want.
1 example £2 for under 16's into games is disgraceful.
theres only one way to sort it, put yourself forward for CB, make a difference.
We will all follow your lead and put our names in, eh?  Let us know when you have your nomination paper in?