Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wino

Quote from: getevennotcross on July 27, 2015, 09:38:53 PM
Quote from: wino on July 27, 2015, 09:30:20 PM
hard luck to the minors some good work being done, unlucky with injuries but a fair effort. under 21's - cant see it happening here, we beat 2 very average teams with little or no preparation and whilst we have some great hurlers, you get out what you put in and there is no leadership from management and CB, just ticking another box. To be honest 3 weeks before the 1st u21 game KR wasn't aware of some of the best hurlers we had at this grade. As for seniors, its a complete joke and as a county we are a laughing stock.
I agree a lot with what MR2 has said, no question the manager has to go, but more importantly the whole CB needs a good shake up, some good men in here but others with different agendas. It seems to be that instead of getting things right too many are happy to take the easy option most of the time and leave it to others who are left to do what they want.
1 example £2 for under 16's into games is disgraceful.
theres only one way to sort it, put yourself forward for CB, make a difference.
We will all follow your lead and put our names in, eh?  Let us know when you have your nomination paper in?
been there already but now ready to go back, might make a wee bit of difference, I imagine you've gave it a lot of thought yourself!

hurlingstick

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 27, 2015, 06:57:37 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on July 27, 2015, 03:54:18 PM
U16's will pay £2 into all Championship games this summer. Disgraceful! Discuss ....

So me & the wife & the 3 kids need to pay £26 to watch a county final? Think I'll follow it on Twitter!

You won't be alone. Very shortsighted of them.

paddyjohn

Quote from: hurlingstick on July 27, 2015, 10:16:46 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on July 27, 2015, 06:57:37 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on July 27, 2015, 03:54:18 PM
U16's will pay £2 into all Championship games this summer. Disgraceful! Discuss ....

So me & the wife & the 3 kids need to pay £26 to watch a county final? Think I'll follow it on Twitter!

You won't be alone. Very shortsighted of them.

I'm guessing the hurling will be in Ballycastle this year again, say 2 adults & 3 kids that's £26 plus petrol and if your coming from the city you may wanna stop for grub. Could be touching £70/£80 at least. Not doing much to promote the games anywhere are they. That's not including money spent on earlier rounds.

imtommygunn

U16s now go free.... U turn!

(According to twitter)

theskull1

Id love to know the specific individuals who considered that a good idea.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2015, 10:46:42 PM
U16s now go free.... U turn!

(According to twitter)

Possibly CB looking on here to test the water??

imtommygunn

They were getting quite a bit of abuse on twitter for it too.

hurlingstick

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2015, 11:05:59 PM
They were getting quite a bit of abuse on twitter for it too.

Here is their tweet 24 minutes ago. Did they think we were going to take this quietly?

Official Notice. After consideration it has been decided that U16's will bee able to attend @AontroimGAA championship games free

btdtgtt

It says it all about those in power that they needed it pointed out to them that charging U16s was a bad idea.
What is the mentality of the people in the room that suggested that - and went through with it.
Any Gael with one iota of sense realises the nonsense of this - says so much about our executive.
Just another in the endless line of gaffes.

Na Glinntí Glasa

they had some sort of great idea that due to their being so many kids there at the games they could tap into all that and charge them no doubt.

Shows how deluded and out of touch they are.

Morons.

were trying to encourage kids to come to the games all over the county and get them involved, not make them stay away. The kids on the pitch at half time knocking a ball around is part and parcel of the club game, it would just look wrong without them there!
hurl like f**k boi!

themac_23

just seen the fixtures for the week ahead there, i see davitts are playing belfast shamrocks in junior b champ at falls park? is there not a rule about a ground having to have a fence around it for championship?

Na Glinntí Glasa

players and ref are supposed to be protected from the crowd when leaving the pitch to the changing rooms and back again is the rule as far as i know
hurl like f**k boi!

themac_23

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 28, 2015, 11:58:41 AM
players and ref are supposed to be protected from the crowd when leaving the pitch to the changing rooms and back again is the rule as far as i know

Surely Falls park can't provide this? infact, does Falls Park have changing rooms? not good enough for championship IMO

imtommygunn

You changed in the lesiure centre beside falls park last time I played there. I would say maybe they would be less worried on crowds etc in junior B though I guess championship is championship.

Jeepers Creepers

Falls Park has quite good changing facilitates in their bowling pavilion yet abit away from the pitches which in theory would not qualify them for Championship matches. I wouldn't imagine to many clubs with c'ship facilites offering up their ground with the rain theres been recently. Which is a petty. Either that or this our the county view this type of game?